488 - Carbon Engine Bay Panels - upgraded | FerrariChat

488 Carbon Engine Bay Panels - upgraded

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by JesseRohr, May 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JesseRohr

JesseRohr Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2020
    Birmingham AL
    Full Name:
    Jesse Rohr
    Before purchasing this stuff from the MyRicambi guys I really didn't see much mention of the panels on the forums other than some had purchased from them.

I wanted to provide some feedback (positive) about my experience with them (no affiliation).

I purchased their engine bay panels and the fit and finish was OEM like as described. The install took about 20 minutes from start to finish with simple hand tools. They have about 500 miles on them now with no issues anywhere. Very pleased with the purchase.

Here is what she looks like now:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

blkdiablo33, Level7, Bandit23 and 8 others like this.
  2. ohared

ohared Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 14, 2009
    We can play top trumps, I have fitted even more Carbon in my engine bay. It is a mixture of OEM and Capristo. Plus I had the Fuel Pump covers hydrodipped in 3K carbon weave, clear coated and Ceramic coated. I have a spare set Fuel Pump covers I can get hydrodipped if anyone is interested.
    I have fitted Ricambi carbon pieces to the interior, I will write this up separately.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. ohared

ohared Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 14, 2009
  4. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    As I replied to another associate thread,I went to MyRicambi facility and picked-up /nstalled all the aforementioned pieces the same day. The water tank top is on back order. I agree they appear to be quality pieces. I did not go with the air boxes as I believe that is a Capristo piece. Are the air box ones just a top cover or can it replace the existing units??

Depreciating Asset likes this.
  5. ohared

ohared Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 14, 2009
    I got the Capristo airbox, lock over and water tank cover, they all fit together as a set. The Capristo airbox is a cover, I chose this option as I liked the way it ends covering the hose clips. Capristo quality is also excellent.

Engine bay options are now maxed out.
    OEM carbon panels (x 3)
    Carpristo airbox, lock over and water tank cover
    OEM additional accessory - aluminium oil filler cap
    OEM additional accessory - carbon fiber rear spoiler duct
    Tricolor badge
    Carbon Fiber fuel pump covers

Art138 and Depreciating Asset like this.
  6. Depreciating Asset

Depreciating Asset Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2019
    Cary, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    My son and I installed MyRicambi engine bay parts last night. I agree the fit and finish are great, and their customer service is top-knotch

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Rexcat458, AD211 and Thecadster like this.
  7. rw99

rw99 Karting

Jan 1, 2019
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Beautiful stuff!

Depreciating Asset likes this.