F8 or STO? | Page 71 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Debating if I should just keep this in storage or let it go to serious collector as it has 5k miles and EVERY doc, award, etc.

dhari, SLDriver, Boots and 1 other person like this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Sound sucks?

3. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Besides the 360 CS, have any others achieved keeper status? I’ve not heard of another 765LT owner who felt compelled to flip theirs because they didn’t like it. Curious what it was about the car that didn’t meet expectations? It can’t be because of sound because that wasn’t an unknown.

Ash Patel and Thecadster like this.
  4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    #1754 dustman, Jun 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    It’s fine. Insanely quick. Other than the 918, might be the quickest I’ve ever driven. Looks awesome. Love my spec with the Senna and racing belts. Sound is meh as was known going in. Dealer is wonderful and I enjoy the process, which leads to the next set of cars. Some I love, some I dont. But nothing wrong with a 765lt! If I was forced to keep it or a Pista, I’d go 765LT all day as it’s just more special and far fewer numbers. Might be quicker too.
    I am likely to get another lambo as i adore the looks, quality, and sounds as well as open top.
    An F50 is on the list also, as is 16M.
    I kept the 458’s the longest, moving them out and getting back until I had 4 of them. Probably will have one again some day.
    Performante Spyder was nearly perfect, sans seats and sometimes synthetic exhaust.

5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1755 Shadowfax, Jun 3, 2021
    765 is a proper drivers car so a poser would struggle to live with it for sure.

Insofar as the sound of 765 goes, anyone complaining about it or putting it forward as any form of reason to sell pretty well sums up the owner sadly to say.

Btw out of curiosity did anyone ever get to see a picture of this 765??.... or, are we dealing with another one of those loaner type experiences/stories where the dealer loaned one out for a bit of a play around a block.

Coincid likes this.
  6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Come on man. Lay off Dusty. If he says he owned one, I belive him. This type of post is not necessary.

Thecadster likes this.
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Im sure Dusty has owned the odd car or two - not questioning that. But i think under the current circumstances it would be fair and reasonable to say pictures or it doesn't exist. The only one I'm aware which has changed hands out here was by a guy with many other cars who was offered a tidy profit. He also had so many other incredible cars he probably didn't get much of a chance to drive it or didn't feel the need when the offer was made.

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Very likely he Has too many cars to really spend time. But I don’t question that he bought it. If he says he bought it and sold it good enough by me. That wouldn’t apply to Many on this website.

Cause you know you gotta keep it REAL. Even a god like ZUES has NOONE1 that has s owned that many cars.

(see what I did there)

Thecadster likes this.
  9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    If you actually love driving I cannot fathom selling the 765. It ticks all the boxes like no other.

Thecadster and Shadowfax like this.
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Frankly I couldn't give a toss what he owns as he wouldn't own anything long enough least of all drive it hard enough in the right environment to form any worthwhile conclusion. I just don't understand why anyone would bother continually spouting off on Fcht about cars they can't even hold on for a day or two, drawing upon sound as the main reason most the time as if its the only element in a car. He's basically saying to owners of these cars he is the higher authority who knows better/all. Kinda pathetic really....and reeks badly of attention seeker. IMHO of course!:)

11. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I imagine the 765LT Spider will be equally if not more engaging. The sound with the rear window dropped could very well be automotive nirvana.

bwshihtzu, JAM1 and Thecadster like this.
  12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Gazing into my crystal ball I foresee Dusty buying a 765lt spider - because he can iykwim;)- only to sell it a week later, again spouting of on Fchat that sound was the deal breaker and key reason behind the sale. I mean we all need to know this right?:rolleyes:

13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I get to start speccing next week I think. Already picked out our preliminary color. Gonna be dialing in everything else soon.

bwshihtzu and Thecadster like this.
  14. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Keep! What a great example.

15. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I’m interested to know if any new colours will be launched with the Spider and whether there will be any surprise changes to the bodywork. Am also inquiring to confirm that there will be no changes to the exhaust system, sound levels and engine tuning relative to the coupe. One never can be sure since emission and sound regulations are continuing to evolve.

16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Personally, the sound volume of the 765 is quite ample. No desire for it to be louder.

mkraft3003 and Thecadster like this.
  17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1767 Shadowfax, Jun 3, 2021
    It could well be a case where the sound was a bit too loud and the random pops and bangs too unpredictable to know when to cover his ears up.:D

Coincid likes this.
  18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    We are doing full custom color. 1 of 1. Already submitting to the factory. Waiting on samples.

bwshihtzu, BJK, Shack and 2 others like this.
  19. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I dunno...I find sound to be pretty crucial. It really helps on the road in that a proper sounding car can fool you into thinking you are traveling faster than you actually are. That enhanced immersion is a real game changer on the street when you are trying to avoid “prison speeding”.

20. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Dustman definitely buys cars, he just doesn’t keep them for long. Cool specs too. Everyone does what’s best for them. Personally, I am a buy and hold guy, but I can understand why some people like to go in and out of cars.

21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1771 Shadowfax, Jun 3, 2021
    I would never argue sound not being a crucial factor which is why I cant stand EV's - which he happens to like (go figure) - but in this instance the points I make are 100% valid especially when you consider the person involved. That all said, 765 isn't a car for everyone as it's more a track car for the rd than a rd car for the track but to even suggest sound as being a valid reason to sell in this case only makes the person making those types of comments highly questionable, along with the motive for doing so.....not that I think most here don't know that already ;)

I also have no issue with guys buying and flipping or guys buying and holding but when the story is the same old thing time and time over it gets a bit old and in Dusty's case very very old. And his love of EV's which make no sound at all only further serves to blow his cred and lend question to why he feels the need to incessantly post about his buying and flipping over sound being not up to his standard. Its just ridiculous really. I mean why bother? I mean what is the point of his sermon? Preaching to guys who own these cars who don't subscribe to his POV to make them feel good?? :rolleyes: I mean if Dusty wants to report on a crap sounding cars then there would be 101 other cars far more worthy winging about....and mainly EV's which are the love of his life.

22. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    +1
    I’m running out of cars to try next, but thats ok. Been a fun process.
    I really need to find someone with a 16M or Scud nearby for a ride.

ryalex, Thecadster and Ash Patel like this.
  23. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    What about T D F ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Haven’t decided. Love the looks, and great value with rising prices.

plastique999 likes this.
  25. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Wish I still had mine to let you drive …. 16M is definitely a special car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk