GTS Turbo Intercooler (or 328) new audio system | FerrariChat

GTS Turbo Intercooler (or 328) new audio system

Discussion in '308/328' started by Dingo64, Jun 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dingo64

Dingo64 Rookie

Apr 28, 2021
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    Livio Torino
    #1 Dingo64, Jun 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    Hello everybody!

I hope to do something useful showing step by step the new audio system I am installing on my 1989 GTS Turbo Intercooler. It can be useful also for 328 owners.

Car Radio: Blaupunkt Bremen SQR 46 DAB that is the reinterpretation of the 1986 "Bremen SQR 46" and unite the desing of the 80s model with new technologies and functions:

https://www.blaupunkt.com/en/nc/products/car-multimedia/car-radio/products/single/19059/

Speakers: JBL Club 602CTP. Both woofers and tweeters fit perfectly the OEM spaces. The 2 crossover will be positioned hidden (probably under the dashboard).

It will be also applied on the doors the STP BLACK SILVER. A vibration-damping, self-adhesive material used to improve the quality of the bass frequences.

I will keep you upgrate with photos and comment of the final result.

Grendizer likes this.
  2. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Wow! That is a really cool head unit! When did Blaupunkt introduce it?

Blaupunkt says the display is “Vario Color” does that mean the illumination can be changed to something similar to the color of 308 instrument illumination?

Dingo64 likes this.
  3. Dingo64

Dingo64 Rookie

Apr 28, 2021
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    Livio Torino
    Yes! It can be in the same orange as the OEM instruments! Not sure when Blaukpunt launched this car radio, I think more then 1 year ago

4. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    I also answered my own question searching a bit. Details on Rennlist (Porsche) say that RGB can be adjusted separately so any color can be tuned. (A 308 has green-blue lights btw).

This webpage has some good photos:
    Blaupunkt Bremen SQR 46 DAB - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

The unit is not available in the USA, apparently because we do not have digital radio.

Although my head unit is fine and I hardly ever use it (basically only for Google maps), the Blaupunkt unit is pretty tempting.

Dingo64 likes this.
  5. tazz99

tazz99 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2007
    Kennesaw, GA
    Full Name:
    Seth
    I started looking at these in 2019 but they were not available in the US. A couple of weeks ago though I saw them on Amazon for about $700. I did ask the seller about receiving regular US FM stations and he answered they would but not the HD FM we have here. I would love one but $700 is too steep for me. Just checked Amazon again and not now listed.

6. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I have the same Kenwood, but years ago, I had a Blaupunkt in my Ford Fiesta, with the same brand EQ, I have a sick audio system in my 89 , complete with Focal speakers, 4 " and 6.0 " in the doors with xovers, and 1.5 " tweets in the dash, powered Sub woofer behind the passenger seat, but I love that Head Unit, and I might just go back to the old days, and buy one instead of my Kenwood.

Thank you

7. stoked_7

stoked_7 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2020
    USA
    Looks like a great option with new technology that would be convenient. Over on Rennlist they seem to be very happy with this unit. It's on many sites for around $550

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  8. Dingo64

Dingo64 Rookie

Apr 28, 2021
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    Livio Torino
    Hello!

Job done. Very happy with the result. The sound is acceptable (unfortunately it was not possible to apply the vibration-damping material), for sure much better then the original one.

The Bremen works well, you need to use the Users Manual as it is not so easy to understand the different function.

Speakers are invisible and the radio match very well the look and the orange color of the instruments light.

Happy. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login