Are ferrari interiors as nice as porsches? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Are ferrari interiors as nice as porsches?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by madmatt1980, Jun 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
  2. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Ferrari has a long tradition of “borrowing” parts from fiats and Alfa’s. Door handles on my 365 are also used on Alfa’s. Headlight rings...Alfa. Defroster vents ... Fiat. And on and on.

3. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    If parking outside for something other than a car show it's important to put a sun screen in. Also if you crack your window just a quarter of an inch it really seems to help remove the "boiling" effect

Jpacione likes this.
  4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Yup early cars used Lucas electrics.... Yup... That Lucas.

5. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    "Ferrari has a long tradition of “borrowing” parts from fiats and Alfa’s. "
    I assume that all three companies source the common parts from the same third party. I wonder what % of a Ferrari is constructed from in-house parts? Just off "top of my head" from factory visit, body/frame, engine block, upholstery, ?.

6. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    When I needed to replace the rubber grommets for the brake reservoir, I discovered they are the same as the ones used on 60s Mercedes. Amazingly, the Mercedes tax is lower than the Ferrari tax.

7. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Carello was one of the sources for lighting pieces (trim rings, lenses, and such) that all three used.

8. Raj seth

Raj seth Karting

Sep 24, 2020
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Raj seth
    I had a ‘14 911 turbo. My second 911.
    I now have an F12. interior is a little quirky but far far far nicer/special than Porsche. No compare.

Grandmaster likes this.
  9. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Rookie

Jan 30, 2013
    Indeed, the 911 interior is quite simple, nothing fancy, and to my opinion gets faster old. The interior of a Ferrari is much nicer, also because you can choose much more different colors and materials if you order one. But never order a Ferrari with totally black interior that makes even a Ferrari look dead inside.

10. Pat997

Pat997 Rookie

Jun 6, 2021
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Pat Di Lillo
    Hi all,
    I don’t have an answer to your question, but I do have a question myself. I own a 2005 911. It has been virtually repair free, except for regular maintenance. All I read about most Ferrari's is how prone they are to expensive repairs, including stupid issues like door latches failing prematurely. I would like to purchase a F430 or a 360, but all I read about owners experience is how much maintenance and attention is required to drive them. With my Porsche, I put in the key and drive without any worries. Am I missing the point? I really want a Ferrari but the maintenance and repairs are insane????

Texas Forever likes this.
  11. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Rookie

Jan 30, 2013
    I don't like much the new mercedes interiors, especially the airvents. And a S550 is a total other car then a Italian sportscar.

12. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Rookie

Jan 30, 2013
    In the past I read the advertisements for older 911's and I often wondered how many problems they have had (a lot of them had the motor overhauled) and how big the bills were (ten-thousands of dollars), but I suppose the newer ones are much more reliable and cheaper in maintenance. I own Ferrari's since 2011 (2 new California's and 1 new Portofino) and the maintenance is the cheapest ever, the first 7 years free (except fluids), so even cheaper then a little family car. I had no serious problem with them and the regular maintenance after the 7 years is not expensive.
    I have not had a F430 or 360, but the engine is in basis the same as in the first California's I had and I think very solid and problem free. Ferrari has a brochure with the cost of regular maintenance for every Ferrari and these are quite reasonable I think, you can ask the Ferrari-dealer for that brochure. But it is important that the car you buy has had its maintenance on time, so you must check the history. I would only accept a Ferrari who has been serviced by official Ferrari-dealers to be sure that the maintenance and updates were performed good.

13. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    from 458 to Roma :confused:

14. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    plastique999 and Texas Forever like this.
  15. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    Ferrari can be appointed with the most elegant, quality interior if you are willing to pay for the optional upgrades. Certainly, the options and quality has improved over the years. This is true for Porsche as well. My 1986 911 had a very bland interior and the quality was average. My 2002 911 was much better and my 2012 Turbo was much better. My 2011 458 was nice and the interior was probably fragile and would not wear well after 50K miles etc. I love the smell of the leather even after many years. Our 2019 Portofino has a very nice, high quality interior. I expect my F8 on order to have the same. I did drive a 430 once that had 60,000 miles. There were holes in the floor mats, and visible wear on arm rests. I would guess most Ferraris are treated well and not mishandled, but if well used by many non owners (as this one was) the wear can show.

16. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    There is a guy in Scottsdale who has a stunning lusso. I keep running into it. The guys going to tint his windows because I can't stop staring at traffic lights when I see it.

The car is silver with like a cuoio interior and then it has wood accents where carbon typically is. So wood steering wheel central bridge dash inserts... And yesterday... For the first time... I noticed... Wood shift paddles.

Friggin cool. (I know everyone hates wood but this is beautiful and it's unique)

17. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    My 2005 gated 430 spider has been pretty cheap to own so far. Just annual services. Nothing has gone wrong. Owned it for six years.

I would bet on it going wrong before a Porsche, and definitely before a Lexus, but so far so good.

my older Ferraris were not so good.

18. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The F430 has turned out to be a fantastic car. Perhaps on par with the 328. It is that good.

19. Omega.PO85

Omega.PO85 Rookie

May 5, 2021
    I would say the quality of the materials is the same (minus the horrible sticky buttons everyone talks about) the build quality might not be quite as good as Porsche but to be expected when Porsche builds thousands of cars a year. Tech much better than the Ferrari but again you go in expecting that. Elegant Italian design vs a more German tactile set up. The experience of owning a Ferrari is quite different it’s a true exotic and worth the compromises with the interior I’d say.

EnzoItaly and LaPerfectionLouis like this.
  20. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Ferrari is heading in the direction of Porsche. The share holders want the same evel of production to increase the money. The worst thing Ferrari ever did was go public.

Lusso123, Llenroc and EnzoItaly like this.
  21. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Lusso123, tbakowsky, Drson and 2 others like this.
  22. LaPerfectionLouis

Mar 13, 2021
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Aurelien
    I have had 2 Porsches (911 997 S 2006 and a Boxster S 2014). Yes Porsche are "perfect". But I don't like too much the fact that you have the same interior for a 55K brand new Boxster base and a 200K 992 Turbo... and also you have almost same interior than a Wifey Macan, almost.
    Ferrari is for me more exclusive and has a "soul", maybe the finish is a bit under Porsche but the seats and design are so much sexy. ITALIAN vs GERMAN...

(Just my point of view and I am just talking about the interior, not even the engine, sound, rarity, prestige, appreciation, etc)

Sent from my SM-A715F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    you like that?

24. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    In person it is quite impressive. The workmanship is just beautiful. Personally I'm not a fan of red interiors, but the attention to detail was amazing.

Lusso123 and anunakki like this.
  25. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ferrari interiors are a unique, sexy work of art in leather, the smell is intoxicating and never goes away. Just as I would expect in a hand built exotic car.

Thecadster likes this.