430 - 2009 F430 Front Diffuser | FerrariChat

430 2009 F430 Front Diffuser

Discussion in '360/430' started by Extreme1, Jun 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Anyone know how to remove the stock one? I bought a CF one and want to swap them. I was assuming there was nut plates on the back, but there must not be. All 4 button head Allen bolts just spin and don’t loosen. Do I have to remove the front portion of the belly pan to get a wrench on the back of the bolts?

Anyone know?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron
    The 4 bolts just came right off on my ‘05 430. No nuts on the back side. Took maybe 10 minutes total to remove the red one and install the CF one. Don’t know why your bolts just spin.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

XLNLIFE and pierre_p like this.
  3. jayne simmons

jayne simmons Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2021
    the inserts in your bumper may be stripped out ! you will have to remove the front bumper and repair / replace the female thread inserts ! sorry ! :(

4. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    Just remove the front under tray and you get full access to the 4 bolts. Very simple.

XLNLIFE and Marcoboxer like this.
  5. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Any pics of the thread inserts? Mine had nuts on the other side.

Edit: Ok checking eBay pics of stock bumpers it seems some bumpers have the captive nuts (w small holes around the bolt hole) and others only have a single hole where a regular nut is used.

6. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Mine didn’t have the captive nuts on it. I had to loosen the front under tray to access the nuts.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app