Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series | Page 27 | FerrariChat

Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Nov 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Until turn 8...:(

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Interesting to see what Lamborghini is doing on the Ring.

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    765 LT Spider gets specced next week. Super excited!! Anticipating Christmas delivery.

4. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Specced the STO several weeks ago. Dealer said it could be late this year or early next. If we get them on the same day we’ll have to meet halfway and swap for a bit.

ScrappyB, Coincid and SoCal to az like this.
  5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    BJK, SmokyDave, Spider68 and 3 others like this.
  6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Black is great but it needs an accent color. How about black with red accents?

BJK, wthensler, Shack and 1 other person like this.
  7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I dunno. I think I might just go all black and then add some accent color with vinyl wrap once I have had a chance to live with the car for a short while.

wthensler and SoCal to az like this.
  8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I love black cars. Will never again own a black car. I cant keep em clean. Drives me nuts. But nothing better than a freshly washed black car.

Boots, wthensler, Coincid and 2 others like this.
  9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    #659 Thecadster, Jun 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    Full PPF. Squirt with quick detail spray, wipe clean with a microfiber towel. I don’t wash any of my cars. I had a black F12 for two years and never washed that car, and it looked great all the time.

Boots, Shack, Art138 and 4 others like this.
  10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Im afraid to try it again. Previous cars I had that were black- nightmare. But clean -there is nothing better.

perrinnation and Thecadster like this.
  11. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    @Thecadster you can’t go wrong with this spec. I would skip the accents - especially the contrast pack. I’d normally select a coloured caliper as an accent but this car looks perfect the way it is.

Also note that the car does not have any of the optional exposed exterior carbon and looks just fine.

This would be a ‘stripper’ car that looks as good or better than most of the concoctions people will be creating for $50-100k more.

Caeruleus11, Shadowfax and Thecadster like this.
  12. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    hhhmm dont agree - I went black but added some colour and went full CF matt exterior. Can always PPF the red back to black - felt it was easier that way

13. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I love black and have also lived with black cars in the past. I agree with all the previous comments.

I dunno, in the case of the STO, the whole black look hides too many of the unique body features that set it apart. This is my opinion only. Of course, the video of the black one at Nurburgring has me wondering if I could have been just as happy going simpler than I did.

I posted my build already, but I believe I spent about $25k extra on paint and contrast.

Coincid and Shack like this.
  14. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I love black and have also lived with black cars in the past. I agree with all the previous comments.

I dunno, in the case of the STO, the whole black look hides too many of the unique body features that set it apart. This is my opinion only. Of course, the video of the black one at Nurburgring has me wondering if I could have been just as happy going simpler than I did.

I posted my build already, but I believe I spent about $25k extra on paint and contrast.

Art138 likes this.
  15. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    The thing with exterior carbon is you have to get up real close to notice it's carbon. I noticed this with my dealers matte red STO, the carbon got lost because there's so much going on so I don't know if it's worth it.

16. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Brutal. Obnoxious. Loud. Garish. And I LOVE it! The absurdity of the STO is amazing.

Thecadster likes this.
  17. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Pista and 765 then the rest. I have the LF Engineering supercharger on a rear wheel drive base H, saw no real need to keep the Performante. The AMG GTR is neither a street nor a track car so clearly the black series will be far too stiff for the street. Why get a non racecar that is only good at the track? I had the Performante and AMG GTR, I have Pistas and a 765.

I’ve had every coach drive the 765. None wanted to like it as they were loyal to other brands. Months later they still talk about how good the 765 was. I have gone through a set of tires and front pads. A poor choice in guests also cost me front rotors on the 765. The Pista Pilota coupes I’ve put new tires on both of them. Brake pads are still okay. I very much enjoy driving both the Pista and the 765 on track and street.

Which is better? I very much like both of them. Any rational person clearly needs both. Irrational might be having four versions of one of them.

06viper, Caeruleus11, Gh21631 and 9 others like this.
  18. FIFY.

Gh21631 and Twosherpaz like this.
  19. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    765LT vs Senna?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Well, I have the Senna GTR so it’s really a whole different ballgame. Pure racecar versus a street car. I’m still faster in the GTR than in my GT3 racecar but my coach feels I should keep working on my speed and endurance in the GT3. The Senna GTR is not burdened by the hybrid battery as is the P1 or 918 or FXXK so I think it is faster around the corners. Naturally it still pales compared to an LMP3 car. I think the upcoming Modificata and SCV12 cars will be interesting comparisons to the Senna GTR.

Boots, Caeruleus11 and Thecadster like this.
  21. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Do you race or just do track work for pleasure

22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Getting 765 Spider?

23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Anyone regret getting the Senna seats? Was going to go with the comfort seats but cant do it. Senna seats look just so damn good!

24. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Very dependent on body shape. The standard carbon 'P1' buckets are probably my favourite seats regardless of brand so for me it was a no-brainer on the 765LT. Just make sure you select the 'touring' size.

Bundy and Coincid like this.
  25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    No, get the Senna seats.

Thecadster and SoCal to az like this.