New to Ferrari | FerrariChat

New to Ferrari

Discussion in '360/430' started by Franklav, Jul 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Franklav

Franklav Rookie

Jul 25, 2021
    I have always been a Porsche guy and now ready to change. I am interested in an F 430 coupe. I found one t Marshall Goldman. Any input appreciated. It’s a 2007 black f430. Thanks

2. JSP

JSP Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Add the serial number and price. The FCers will let you know.

3. SRLC716

SRLC716 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 15, 2019
    Buffalo
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Post a link too.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    All of the above, plus spend a good deal of time on this section of the forum learning the ins and outs. Will help you decide if a Ferrari is for you, and what specifically you should be looking for. Many of us were also Porsche guys at one point. Owning a Ferrari is NOT owning a Porsche. Some of us agreed to take the great with the bad, while many others decide they are still Porsche guys instead!!

Kevin

rampante550 and JSP like this.
  5. lowform

lowform Karting

Feb 25, 2021
    Peoria, AZ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I just jumped from Porsche over to Ferrari with my new F430. There are certainly things I miss about my P-car, but ultimately really enjoying this new F430 (even with the F1). My advice is to find one that already has all the necessary maintenance done rather that one they needs the work. Common items are headers, exhaust, motor mounts, clutch, etc...

KC360 FL and JSP like this.
  6. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Porsche are generally a get in a drive car and even the most radical ones (shy of a Carrera GT) don't get a second glance in most places.

With the Ferrari, get ready to never be "alone". People constantly watch you at traffic lights and many will simply video you driving around. My youngest son and I have a lot of fun with this. Last week were were driving around Pennsylvania coming from a cars and coffee heading back home to NJ, and people kept hanging out of their cars and trucks video taping us on the local roads and on the highway, so we had a little fun with Bohemian Rhapsody, Rock Lobster and other fun driving songs, dancing and singing while they filmed. I'm sure there are some funny comments online to our behavior. With my GT3, no one gives it a second look except car guys/girls.

priericky128 likes this.
  7. Franklav

Franklav Rookie

Jul 25, 2021
    ZFFEW58A170152105

thanks

8. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    By no means am i an expert and you'll get a lot of sounds advice on this forum from other members but here are some of my observations as i too am in the market for a 36/430 gated coupe...

Sticky buttons for sure on radio, console and ash tray
    I would want some much better pics of the driver's side bolster. Looks like some wear there.
    Some better pics of the pass side sill plate. Some scuffing going on.
    Body and paint look fantastic. Overall GORGEOUS car. Read some reviews on this forum about the dealer. Have a PPI done. Get service records. Proceed with caution. Your PPI will give you all the info mechanically you need, the rest will be from an aesthetics standpoint. Good luck and let us know how it works out. This car is pretty loaded...and NOTHING beats a Coupe....LOL..
    ARA

9. Fastcarfreak

Fastcarfreak Rookie

Feb 7, 2013
    I have both a 997.1 turbo and an f430 spider. Completely different cars, that get driven on different days. I’m never worried about things breaking in the pcar, but the fcar can get very expensive when things start to break. If I’m trying to be more subtle, I drive the turbo or my Range Rover. The f430, gets a LOT of attention and a lot of people taking pics when parked. Both fantastic cars in their own rights.

10. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Get the cheap 996 AND buy the 430. Done.

I saw that car for sale. Looks like a nice example!

11. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    I went with the 996TT cab to avoid any IMS issues. The cabriolet on the Porsche seem more durable than the F430. Thus F430 w a roof for me.

12. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    While I have the same block in my 996 GT3, which I have owned since new, the IMS issue is overblown in the 996/986 regular engine. I had both a 01 Boxster S and 03 996 Carrera and they were great and solid cars and should be worth much more. Even if you are worried about the IMS, there are a few 3rd party solutions out there that aren't super expensive that fix the issue including a wet bearing modification that makes it essentially like the Mezger engine, but does require modifying the block.

One more thing I can say about the Porsche vs the Ferrari, I drove the GT3 to pick my son up from Volleyball yesterday, I hadn't driven it in a week since I have been enjoying my 430 this summer. The Porsche is way more "tossable" and feels like an extension of yourself. This could also be for two reasons, one I have owned this car 17 years, so it's part of me. It could also be the GT3 Recaro bucket seats, but I think it's because the Porsche is just a much smaller car with less front and rear overhang.

13. XLNLIFE

XLNLIFE Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2005
    SOUTHERN CA
    Full Name:
    JEREMY :
  14. Eric in Chicago

Eric in Chicago Karting

Jul 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Interesting thread, I have been a life long Pcar guy. Neighbor got a 360 and was hooked after a couple drives. Found a great deal on a 430 spider I am lucky to be able to keep the 991.2 4S and 430. I expect it to remind me of my old 993 but with a lot more power the wait on shipping the 430 to Chicago is painful!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app