WHY no ALFA forum? | FerrariChat

WHY no ALFA forum?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Bob Zambelli, Jul 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    ALFA Romeo is one of the most historically significant Italian cars ever built.
    Remember, the first Scuderia Ferrari consisted of all ALFAs, driven by some of the most talented drivers in motor racing history, including but not limited to Campari, Sivocci, Ascari, Chiron, Nuvolari, Biondetti, etc.
    The post-war Alfetta Tipo 159 was virtually invincible, driven by Fangio.
    The road cars were not only some of the most beautiful vehicles ever built but capable of winning historic races like the Mille Miglia and Targa Florio.
    Also of note: The first Watkins Glenn Grand Prix was won by Pennsylvania's Frank Griswold winning in a pre-war ALFA Romeo 8C2900
    I truly believe that ALFA Romeo, from its early days (A.L.F.A.) to the modern sport/GT cars should have its own separate forum thread.

And for that matter, even FIAT has a great history and yet it is just "grouped" with other Italian cars.
    We really should pay more attention to ALFA and FIAT - remember, Mr Ferrari had intense connections with both.

Just my opinion!

Bob Z.

ps - Lamborghini has its own thread but how much historical significance?

Nembo1777 and crinoid like this.
  2. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Plenty of Alfa threads under "Other Italian" https://ferrarichat.com/forum/forums/other-italian.8/
    If you mean it should have it's own "Forum", I'd say it doesn't because Alfa doesn't have any 'supercars' worthy of a separate forum . :p

3. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren

Beg to differ on that opinion.
    Alfa has had plenty of 'supercars' and probably more the point, has a history of being one of the best engineered automobiles.

Preference wise, I would personally rather see an Alfa forum than a Lamborghini forum listed,
    and more so than any of the Ferrari Lifestyle forums.

4. Redcrown

Redcrown Rookie

Jul 22, 2021
    Full Name:
    Allen Mitchell
    I know I'm going to get the "master of the obvious" award for this, but . . .
    There's an Alfa Romeo version of FerrariChat: www.alfabb.com

5. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Because the only people who remember Alfa in its glory are 75 years old and don't use the internet. ;)

Shark01 and GatorFL like this.
  6. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    there is an Alfa forum for the new Giulia which is very active. However as someone pointed out the alfabb forum is for all things Alfa new & old as opposed to model specific... as far as an Alfa "super-car" well no, not since the modern 8C has Alfa made anything that is special. Though I would argue that the Guilia QV is a very special berlina, which was designed & executed by Ferrari engineers and while the platform is 6-7 years old, the QV still acquits itself very well in that market segment. It also has been known to smack around some "super-cars";)

LightGuy likes this.
  7. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    LightGuy likes this.
  8. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    it's all about money...not passion...if there is no monetization there is no space..simple as that.

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    chicken or egg, in order for there to be monetization, there needs to be traffic. don't put it on me like we're greedy, put it on Alfa that there isn't more enthusiasm to create traffic.

Boomhauer likes this.
  10. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    Not on you specifically...if there was no such need to monetize everything there would be forum for both lancia and alfa, if it makes some people happy. But that's the world we live in.

11. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Road and Track magazine’s last issue had an old F1 Alfa on the cover and much Alfa content inside .

Mang likes this.