Williams says bye bye to Ticktum | FerrariChat

Williams says bye bye to Ticktum

Discussion in 'F1' started by Nortonious, Aug 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    He should never been allowed the second chance after he intentionally crash out a competitor.

Senna1994, subirg, Zenit99 and 3 others like this.
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Agree.

Definitely not the sharpest tool in the box. Just days prior to his sacking, he was on his twitch singing a song about how much Latifi sucks. Sofina is the name partner of Williams, is owned by Latifi's dad. Who in his right mind is making songs like that on Twitch, about the son of his paymasters? Unless he was a mega talent (even then he'd look stupid but at least he had a bargaining chip). He's in what, his 3rd F2 year now? Only 2 wins to his name and hasn't won a single title in any junior category despite entering most at least twice.

Arrogant little twerp.

ricksb, Senna1994, Nuvolari and 3 others like this.
  3. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Good riddance, he was provided far more opportunity than he deserved.

4. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Tan Dicktum strikes again……. Good riddance…..

CottonCandy, Bas and Nortonious like this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Williams F1 Junior Programme. :rolleyes:

6. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    There is an opportunity for him to scoop ice cream at baskin and robbins

Bas and Nortonious like this.
  7. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    The guy is unstable. While following Mick's Championship F2 season last year, it seemed like there was a Ticktum temper tantrum on team radio nearly every race. Made Tsunoda look tame in comparison.

jpalmito and Bas like this.
  8. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    #9 Flavio_C, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    I mentioned here before that Verstappen, Stroll, Mazepin, Illot, Ticktum, and a few other drivers including a friend of mine all raced together in the same team during a period in karting. I don't remember his age, perhaps he was 13, but I noticed an extremely bad vibe coming from that kid. All drivers, including Verstappen and Stroll, were easy going outside the track, it was a colegial environment with a lot of jokes and banter, except Ticktum. That kid wouldn't talk to ANYONE in the team. He was the only one who would isolate from others. I remember him very upset after a heat and instead of discussing with his mechanic what to do, I noticed his father went straight to the team owner and started to complain.

After he crashed on purpose on Jack Harvey during UK F4, and got an one-year ban, I thought that he had learned something, but I was wrong. He did very well during almost the whole season in the Euro F3 but lost the title in the last races to Schumacher. In F2 he remains the same piece of shait. I think F1 is over for him.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Schultz

Schultz Karting

Mar 9, 2014
    Midwest
    That's just the FIA/broadcast singling out Ticktum's radio messages, just like they do with Hamilton in F1.

Ticktum may not be the most mature driver, but he was the best driver out of the Williams academy and still the closest to make it to F1. It looked like he was improving this season, both in racecraft and his radio out bursts.

10. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The programme where you learn to run at the back of he pack ?!?

william and Bas like this.
  11. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Granted, SkySports et al will ultimately decide which team radio transmissions are included in their telecast. But I've never felt hamilton team radio was "singled out" as we usually get a good sample from throughout the field for any given race, in F1 and F2.

Of course "outbursts" are entertaining for the masses and F1/F2, SkySports and Liberty Media are in the entertainment business.

I hadn't watched as much F2 this year, but Ticktum just seems to have a very checkered past. Flavio's post above is pretty eye-opening.

Regardless, a future in F1 for Ticktum seems improbable at best now.

Bas and Schultz like this.
  12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Great insight as per usual, thanks!
    Whilst he was the highest rated Williams academy driver, I don't think he was good enough anyways (and by that I include attitude as well as racecraft and outright speed), so I don't see much reason to continue to support him. Perhaps they have an eye on another.

Schultz and Nortonious like this.
  13. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    this sounds like the history of those guys who turn out to be lone shooters.

Bas and Nortonious like this.
  14. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Can't say that, but he was a very weird kid. The team was very international, drivers and mechanics from all over the world, and he woudn't talk to no one, not even Illot who was his countryman.

Bas likes this.
  15. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Williams are clowns for having him on the books to begin with. Goodbye and goodnight. Get another career.

Senna1994 and Nuvolari like this.
  16. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Did you have a point?

Bas likes this.
  17. F430 F1 Singapore

Mar 4, 2016
    Singapore
    So Ticktum ticked 'um off? :D

18. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I heard a lot of the same discussion about Santino Ferrucci while he was racing in Europe, but since he's been racing in the U.S. he seems to have been quite well behaved and is racing competently. Maybe all Ticktum needs is a change of scenery.

19. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Mitch Alsup in post #11 seems to have understood my point.

20. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Santino Ferrucci and his father were convicted by a court in Milan and have to pay a substantial amount to one Italian F2 team (Trident).