Southern California - Skilled Leather Care | FerrariChat

Southern California - Skilled Leather Care

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Rossocorsa1, Aug 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I'm looking for recommendations for a skilled leather expert in Southern California who can do some minor dye and repair work. To be clear, I'm not looking for a coachtrimmer, just someone who can do some small repair and dye work only. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

2. mcw

mcw Karting

Aug 10, 2008
    Ferrari pf Newport Beach sent someone to my house in April. Fellow did impeccable work on a visor. I can't remember his name, but I recall discussing this topic with Gabe Vargas of FNB who arranged it. Maybe a call to Gabe will get a good lead for you to consider.

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Thank you. Do you mind if I mention your name as a reference? Tried sending you a PM but it doesn’t allow for that option.

4. My AZFerrari

My AZFerrari Karting

Sep 16, 2018
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Sean Thompson
    Gabe is a great guy to deal with, we bought our 458 from Newport Beach and he was perfect to deal with.

Blessed F430 and 458 owner

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  5. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Thank you for the suggestions. I was able to connect with someone via Gabe.

6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Gabe’s info?

7. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Call Poltrauna Frau's West Hollywood showoom and get a recommendation. They make the leather in Ferraris.

+13108581433

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. PenP

PenP Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 20, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Pen Pendleton
    Please expand--- they "make the leather in Ferraris" (!) Do you mean that Italy sources materials from West Los Angeles? This is fascinating. I want more!

9. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    #9 DiamondDog, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    No that is simply a showroom. They are in Italy. They also install the leather. This started with the 355. The process is also video taped and kept for something like 5 years so if there is an issue they can go back to it. It is one of the most premier leather's in the world. The Ferrari leather is different than the furniture leather. It has extra coatings on it. Thats why in a Spider, its feels cooler to the touch than other leathers

They sell a leather cleaning kit specifically for their leather and that's why I made that location recommendation. They are owned by Haworth BTW

If you go to their website you can learn more. and you may find this article insightful https://www.ferrari.com/en-GM/magazine/articles/full-leather-trim-poltrona-frau-dashboards

Im actually hosting a Ferrari dinner at Antenellos, Santa Ana and Poultrona Frau reps should be attending. See the So Cal forum for updates as this develops.

Is that "expanded" enough for you?

Mirek likes this.
  10. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
  11. PenP

PenP Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 20, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Pen Pendleton
    Absolutely fascinating! Expanded indeed...

I need a shop to replace the disintegrating foam in my seat (the leather was replaced with a very good leather probably about 25 years ago. Leather is in great shape. Seat frames need some work as well.
    The rear seat is still original and I'd like to keep it that way, but is full of the classic "cracks" of poorly maintained leather. So it would be great to have a pro "restore" the existing leather (and make sure those "cracks" don't become .... cracks.
    (Almost forgot – 1970 365 2+2.)

12. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    poltrona frau is owner by old ferrari ceo mantelzema(sp?:p). italian company. he used his company to supply ferrari the leather.

DiamondDog likes this.
  13. 1monza

1monza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2005
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Norbert Hofer
    Weren't there a lot of issues with the Poltrona Frau leather? I heard that Ferrari had to redo many cars under warranty for different reasons. They couldn't do anything about fixing the problem because Montelzema owned the leather company.

14. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Don't know. But they are owned by. Haworth now which is a huge company yet not public. My wife works for one of the sister companies of PF.