Jet Cards | FerrariChat

Jet Cards

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by italiafan, Aug 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Does anyone have any experience with the major Jet Card providers? ie: NetJets, Delta, Air Partner, etc...

I have houses near Sarasota and Asheville and it would be so much more convenient than commercial or driving. Light to mid-sized jets would do the trick, likely no more than 4-6 people total (and a small dog :)).

Thanks for any insights!

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    I have the same questions that you do and have been doing a bit of research. I have narrowed my search to what I think would be the top 3 options for my travel needs based on cost, flexibility and options. They are VistaJet/XO, WheelsUp/Delta, and NetJets, not in any particular order.

I know some that are big fans of the WheelsUp/Delta Private jets partnership due to flexibility and the ease of use of the app. Ferrari has a “partnership” with VistaJet/XO and they and NetJets give you access to global options that some of the others don’t. NetJets’ card program is currently on a waitlist.

I haven’t taken the next step of doing the detailed comparisons, but that is next. Would also appreciate other’s experiences to help with the decision making.

Texas Forever and italiafan like this.
  3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    I'll throw Executive Charter Service in the ring. Have never used them, but they are very professional from my contact with them. Example of availability email from them earlier this week:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Please keep us advised as to your findings, and in particular if they meet your needs in Asheville.

italiafan likes this.
  5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

did you look at https://www.airpartner.com/en-us/private-jets/jetcard/ ?

Quick perusal of an article mentioned that 25 hours (wheels up, no dead head, no airport fees, though fuel surcharges apply) in mid-sized was ~$177K. No expiration on hours and need 24 hr booking notice.

Thanks for your info!

6. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Will do!

7. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Houses near Sarasota? I grew up there in the 30's and 40's when the winter population in town was 18,000 and the summer population was 9,000. We lived on the beach on Siesta Key when the population there was about 100 or less.

8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Ummmmm....times have changed! :D

9. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    And not for the better. Life was simple and free then. No locked doors, no tension or anger about anything, fresh fruit in the yard to pick in the morning, fresh fish (mullet) to net every day, perch or sheepshead for breakfast, quail and duck hunting if you wanted to, 6 miles of open beach to enjoy and to maybe have a fish fry on the beach on weekends, great swimming and sailing, and after the war I could land on the beach for lunch at the house and fly back to work. Like I say, Enjoy and embrace what you have today because it won't be here tomorrow. I have seen a lot of the good things here in the Puget Sound area disappear in the last 70 years, like salmon, clean water and general quality of life. Lately the departure of John Session's flying museum and the imminent shut down of Paul Allen's Flying and Combat Museum is a sad change here. No more R2600's, R2800's, Cont. 220's, Allison's, DB 601's, or Rolls. Merlin. Only 737-800's, and occasional 787's.

10. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Sounds amazing! It definitely is NOT that now...condos, traffic, restaurants everywhere, traffic, a lot of NY and NJ license plates, big homes near water $7++ million now common, crowded stores, vacation rentals everywhere, did I mention traffic?

Still...sugary sand beaches, beautiful sunsets, palm trees.

11. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #11 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Sep 2, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    Just left St Pete this week, 6 month lease up in our condo. We were going to buy but thought..why not rent to see if we even like it before spending a mil plus.

https://www.highrises.com/st-petersburg/one-condos/

Everything is stupid now, and I am stupid for waiting about 6 months ago. I thought we were headed for ****ty times, but instead it is High Times and things keep on going up.

Passed on this at 1.44 just a few months ago, owner said he was just offered 2 but turned it down.

https://www.redfin.com/FL/St-Petersburg/100-1st-Ave-N-33701/unit-3404/home/101839097

Passed on this at 2.8 I think now it would bring 3.5

https://www.redfin.com/FL/St-Petersburg/175-1st-St-S-33701/unit-3405/home/47874331

Looked at this before we left, asking 2.5. Yeah, we passed. But what I do like about it is the fabulous view of KSPG.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/175-1st-St-S-APT-2907-Saint-Petersburg-FL-33701/103514701_zpid/

Lil woman will miss her miracle mornings on the balcony....and watching aircraft of all sorts landing at Albert Whitted.

Attached Files:

12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

I used to keep my 45’ sailboat at the marina just inland of that airport..The Harborage. Great location!
    Wish I knew you were there we could have met up. Next time you are in town shoot me a PM.

13. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Back on topic, I was at CEU today and a 500 Eclipse came in. I really like this little Jets. Fast, hight, and real jets, little personal jets is what they are. Anyway, the pilot said they have five or six of these, and they sell 4 shares for 300k per plane. Then you pay 1500 per month, and I think 1500 per hour or something like that. Seems fairly neat for regional flights.

14. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #14 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Sep 2, 2021
    Will do, our friends, the Canteras are still there. He's a neat Ferrari guy and gal, was instrumental in starting Cars on Fifth. Do you know Steve? Also has a NC connection as he built a heck of a house in Waynesville complete with waterfall and garage. Naples builder doing his last Naples spec home lol (we will see).

And did I see you were looking for a remodeler in Hendersonville a while back? We live near Clemson, in The Reserve. If that's the case, sure hope to meet up! As we are discussing flying, a friend who built many of those towers in St Pete and Tampa flew us down in his 850 TBM last week, nothing wrong with nearly 350 mph at 31000 feet. We are use to flying at 8 to 12000 and 155 knots lol. Loved it! Maybe you would like getting your pilots license and flying, but some prefer to have the pros do it.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N850AY/history/20210826/1330Z/KCEU/KSPG

But ug, the drive back was something I have not done in a while, but had to get the G Wagon back to the upstate. 607 brutal miles and 8 plus hours. But only one stoppage on the interstate due to a horrendous wreck. Not too bad, but yeah, get that card and you will not regret it.

15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I haven’t met up with Steve (@SCantera ) yet, though @wthensler and I were planning on doing so, hopefully this autumn, both guys very busy and I’m just a lazy retired dude now :). We got the remodel done and heading back there next week. Will you be near Clemson? If so, let’s meet up, great driving roads between us!

16. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    #16 wthensler, Sep 2, 2021
    Hey, I’m not dead yet! I got the farm in a state of semi-control and can plan a trip up north for a day or three of drives. I know Steve is super busy, but I can swing a getaway.

My Lambo buddy has a great story about his STO that comes close to yours. Lamborghini only completed half his sticker ad Personam (like the guy went to lunch and forgot to do the rest), but they refuse to reimburse him (even partially) for the screw up. He was told “Lamborghini has no provision in the company to financially compensate a customer”

So there’s a true Mexican (Italian style) stand-off ongoing. His car is sitting at a dealer in San Francisco.

I can’t wait to see what mine looks like. It’s supposed to be the reveal, so how bad can they screw that up? Maybe I best not ask……..

italiafan likes this.
  17. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Glad you made it home safe and sound. I have done the FL to NC drive more times than I can remember. It’s an interstate grind.

The G-wagon looks great in that incredible garage!!

Let’s all get together for a meet up and drive in October. I have a great map of the best mountain drives in NC.

italiafan likes this.
  18. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

Let’s do it William!
    I’ll be there next week with wifey onward until just after Thanksgiving.
    Come on up! You are welcome to stay at our place, we have ample guest accommodations.
    Rob

19. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    William and Rob…set the date!!! We had our first cold front go through last night. Tonight is 50 degrees and the leaves are starting to fall. Driving season is approaching!!!

20. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka

I’d love to see that if you’re willing to post it up - a motorcycle trip out there is on the bucket list in the next year or two …..

MDS

21. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    My only caveat is “The Rappahannock Rough Ride” up in VA on the 18th of September. It’s 60 miles of pure hell on a bicycle, but I promised my brother in law I’d do it with him. I’m training for it in flat Florida, not the best but better than nothing.

Anytime after that would work for me. I’ll call Rob and we can propose some dates. We can also decide on some nice roads.

Cooler weather - bring it on! The spider has just been serviced and is good to go.

22. Gator

Gator Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 29, 2006
    Mesquite, NV
    Full Name:
    Darryl Van Dorn
    Born and raised in St. Pete. Albert Whitted was where my dad kept our plane. Al Lang field was where the Cardinals spring trained a long with the Yankees who trained a few miles away. It was awesome to play baseball on that field when in school. Thanks for posting the pictures as it has been a while since being “ home.”

23. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    We have a condo on the 10th floor of 1 Beach Drive. View of the marina and the Albert Whitted airport. Even better is the St Pete Grand Prix runs alongside the building and we have great views of the races and track!! Love it!!!

24. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Of these and previous posts, "La Dolce Vita!"

NYC Fred likes this.
  25. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Worked hard to get here. Living in the mountains w/ a waterfall in my backyard, new log garage, too many cars [is there such a thing?] and a snowbird condo for the winter.

Always had goals...but they were enhanced through happenstance...including finding an amazing girl.

italiafan and Bob Parks like this.