My GTS Spec (so far) | FerrariChat

My GTS Spec (so far)

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Gh21631, Sep 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    JMJ, 1Superleggera, Soleith and 6 others like this.
  2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Very handsome. Some thoughts- the silver stitch connects the inside and outside, I can understand why you would do the aluminum rev counter, but I might consider going yellow to match the calipers and shields and make another connection between inside and out. Also, the grey seat belts kind of stand out to my eyes and I think you would be just as well with black on this spec. Perhaps see if they would do the arm rest in Bordeaux? Finally, I wonder if you could do some Bordeaux inserts on the rear wall area, not sure exactly where, but maybe one of those middle panels, this way its not just all black, and/or not sure on the GTS, but if they have a dedication plate that goes on the rear wall, these might give it a little bit of pop, help it feel a little more bespoke.

Gh21631 likes this.
  3. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    The Alu rev counter looks very cheap when the sun shines on it, like a kid painted it with a spray paint. Beware.

350MH83 and Gh21631 like this.
  4. Quick1

Quick1 Rookie

Jun 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    B
    Soleith, Caeruleus11 and Gh21631 like this.
  5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Great feedback and I'll ask about these things but I know if I make special requests it will add additional delays. I'm already 18 months from my initial deposit.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yellow might be a better solution.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Special requests probably will delay it further. There are 2 ways to look at it- you’ve waited long enough, you want it ASAP. Or you’ve waited this long, some longer won’t be so bad. Its really just what you want, no right or wrong. Looking forward to seeing how it works out. :)

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

350MH83 and Gh21631 like this.
  8. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I have a similar spec (Grigio Titanio outside and Bordeaux inside). I personally think the yellow callipers don’t work. They don’t match the inside and don’t really match the outside silver either. I would consider going silver or dark red (to match inside)

also, silver stitching for inside pops more

hope that helps

Karl

gliazzurri likes this.
  9. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    I'm a big fan of passenger display, don't know if you got it. All my new ferrari's I'm doing the upgraded sound, passenger display, and the apple car play. Like cabon fiber driver zone and lift, I think those features should be standard...

10. RogGT-R

RogGT-R Karting

Jul 20, 2020
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Roger B
    Love it - bet you are super excited (I would be).

For me, and it could be my eyes, the painted shields are too low compared with the traditional enamel badge? Drags the eye line down a touch - saw one in flesh the other day and just didn’t sit right (they were huge too).

I like what you did with stitching and belts etc. yellow Brakes and Rev Counter for me also :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick1 and Gh21631 like this.
  11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I thought about this as well but considering the badge will be yellow and because it is painted thus larger I feel like it works. Changing the rev counter to yellow might be enough on the interior. I am not opposed to a darker red caliper if that's an option and isn't too far from the interior.

12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    zero chance I want my wife or kids to know how fast I am driving. :) I would have to tape over it. Also, I don't use an iPhone so CarPlay is unnecessary for me. CF carbon is there as is the lift and I agree they should be std, especially the lift. I didnt do any exterior carbon though, I dont feel its necessary on this car.

Quick1 and Thecadster like this.
  13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    They start out at the same height but because of the size they come down lower. The fenders are large on this car so for me filing that space with a pretty badge is ideal.

Thecadster likes this.
  14. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Carplay has saved me numerous times because of waze. I use to put radar in all my cars and now just use carplay.

15. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Love it! Only thing I would do myself would be black or silver callipers with matching tach. Personally not a fan of coloured calipers, but to each their own! Maybe a yellow Tach would be too fussy against the Bordeux interior?

16. Quick1

Quick1 Rookie

Jun 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    B
    For the price of the car play option, a radar laser jammer is a cheaper alternative.

17. Quick1

Quick1 Rookie

Jun 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    B
    I'm in the same boat, but you can turn off the display. For cruising, she can manipulate the radio from there. For my guy friends, they will enjoy the screen, but that's an expensive option and it's certainly a gimmick.
    I'm sure to see mine in March!

18. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    R J, Gh21631, Quick1 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    more reliable from a protection standpoint as well

Quick1 likes this.
  20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    A few of weeks ago I added full carbon exterior right before it went 10r. I still have no idea when it will be delivered.

ScottS and Thecadster like this.
  21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I just went status 60 so I think I am just about done. I now have a VIN and ship date is estimated to be in the next 2 to 3 weeks. I also noticed that Apple CarPlay was added to my spec although I didnt want it and I dont see my exterior carbon options which we added after he initial config.

• APPLE CARPLAYACPL
    • BLACK RING ON DASHBOARD VENTSBVEN
    • CARBON FIBRE DRIVER ZONE+LEDSCIDL
    • CARBON FIBRE CENTRAL BRIDGECILR
    • COLOURED INNER DETAILSCLDT
    • CARPETS COLORSCRPT
    • COLOURED SAFETY BELTSCSB1
    • CARBON FIBRE DASHBOARD INSERTSDATR
    • HORSE STITCHED ON HEADRESTEMPH
    • EMPH IN FILO SPECIALEEPHX
    • COLOURED MATS WITH LOGOFLMA
    • INTERNAL COLORSINTC
    • ALLUMINUM REV. COUNTERRPMA
    • CARBON FIBRE RACING SEATSRSCH
    • RACING SEAT LIFTERRSES
    • HIGH POWER HIFI SYSTEMSNDB
    • STC2 IN FILO SPECIALEST2X
    • COLOURED SPECIAL STITCHING

Avia11 likes this.
  22. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    That was very quick from 10 G a month ago.
    My one is in a similar position and the modus as of yesterday was saying a June 16th completion date, it also gives the soonest date and the worst case date which is week 27 [mid-July] I think. But with 4 layer paint/ black trim painted gloss black and Livrea special, I am not sure if that will delay it somewhat, I hope not as I would like to use it for some events this summer.

RamsHmb and Thecadster like this.
  23. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    CarPlay is now standard across the lineup with the recent price increase across the lineup. So not surprising to see it added

Gh21631 likes this.
  24. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I purposely didn't do a TM car in order to minimize wait time, even still its been 2 years since my deposit and will end up being about 27 to 28 months total. If I went TM the wait would likely be another few months from what I understand.

RamsHmb likes this.