Taken Off Market - 1999 F355 6spd Manual 22k Miles | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 1999 F355 6spd Manual 22k Miles

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by cascade, Oct 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cascade

cascade Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    #1 cascade, Oct 4, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    1999 Ferrari F355 Black/Tan 6spd Manual 22k Miles
    Belts done in November 2020, New water pump June 2021, sticky bits addressed, new top in 2016 (previous owner)
    Owned since 2018 and serviced primarily at Autosprint in Chicago
    Have all service records, no accidents, located Chicago
    VIN: ZFFXR48A5X0115116
    Looking for $120K

Exterior: 9/10
    Interior: 8/10

It will need new cats sooner than later. if you let it sit running, it will throw the slow down light and CEL from the 02 sensor reading too rich. If you drive it normally, its issue free.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

blkdiablo33 and Mmckee like this.
  2. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    always liked a black/tan F355..

however just an observation.. if anyone else noticed in your description..
    you mentioned belts were done Nov 2020.. and then new water pump June 2021..
    so you had the engine taken out again 7 months later to do just the water pump..?
    as a 355 owner myself.. to my knowledge water pump cannot be done with engine in..
    and thus why the water pump is 99.99%, a replaced item regardless of condition when engine is out..
    unless your shop used unconventional gas tank removal, engine in method..to do either or..

3. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It can. I know of at least one shop that has done this.

4. cascade

cascade Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    You are correct. The original shop did not replace the pump as it was fine. They asked me if I wanted to, and assuming it was fine I said no.

When I was told later the pump was dying I kicked myself. They dropped the gas tank. It wasn’t a huge savings . Still $4k in labor :/.