Why not to park your car near 5 empty parking spaces | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Why not to park your car near 5 empty parking spaces

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by efg2014, Sep 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dolcevita

Dolcevita Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 5, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I know people look down on mini-vans, but they do reduce the chance of a kid swinging open a door and nailing your car. Most of the time little Johnny and Janey are squirreled away in the back where the only access is through a sliding door. Unfortunately, SUVs have displaced mini-vans and the door dings continue.

AtomicPunk88 likes this.
  2. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    Who eats at McDonald's??

Midnight Oil likes this.
  3. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    To be honest, I think some people do it on purpose. I mean they see this nice car isolated somewhat in a corner of a car park, and they park on purpose next to you.
    A guy told me once , he had a huge truck "nice car, I saw you parking far away, I thought of parking next to you just for kicks " .. So he was joking, but the fact that he thought about it, makes me believe some others will think about it too..
    And BTW, I was not in a Ferrari, I was in a new Shelby GT350R.... still a 70k+ car.

That one got dented in the end at some point on both door and rear fender, but I fixed it fortunately for 200 bucks, I know a guy who works miracles. If anyone wants a dent repair guy in MA, ping me.

4. Danedingerson

Danedingerson Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 26, 2011
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Dane
    They park near you because they were looking st you. I asked one.

5. Rick Weston

Rick Weston Karting

Mar 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Weston
    As I often asked in Texas..."where do you park your dualie"? Answer: "anywhere I f****g want to. Cool bro...I'll just go down the road a bit...

6. Rick Weston

Rick Weston Karting

Mar 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Weston
    I drop my wife off at the front door and park. Same routine on the exit....

AD211 likes this.
  7. JimEakin

JimEakin Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Mountain Living
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The worst: white pickup trucks driven by guys wearing a hoodie.

8. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    #58 boba fett, Oct 4, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    When I go to Tesco's I park so far away I am closer to Sainsbury's. This is me parking for the Supermarket...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Car park dings are the worst, horrible little things that your eye goes to every time. I think some people do park next to your pride and joy deliberately, but yet again some don't help our cause when they blatantly park there Supercar across 2 bays or just stick it in the disabled bay, the latter being so arrogant and selfish.

Tackleberry, Rory J and Prox like this.
  9. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Wow, I guess I hit a nerve with this thread and understandably. The point about parking far way is good, in most cases, as most people are lazy and want to roll out of their car and into the doughnut shop. The imbeciles who park a rusty old truck or beat up old van to get a twisted sense of satisfaction in upsetting you; similar to Putin getting his large dog to come out when he knew Angela Merkel was afraid of dogs, you can't do anything about.
    Now there can be a problem with parking your car far away. Case and point. I know a guy in is 20s who bought a Shelby Mustang with around 500hp. He would park it at work far from everyone. So far that one person reversed into it not realizing a car was parked at the far end of the work parking lot;didn't see it.

10. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I own a 2020 Portofino with 14,000 miles and a 2019 GTC4Lusso with over 20,000 miles, and since 2010 have owned 3 California's and two FF's. All were daily drivers, driving all year in NW Ohio. I probably have 150,000+ miles in these Ferraris and daily driving and NEVER park away from other cars, and have had zero door dings. I watched an old blue haired lady start to park next to one of my cars at stupid Walmart, then she backed out to park someplace else.

11. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    LOL - I think its called a Blue rinse.

12. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    Another reason to park far away is walking back to the car, the long approach with a good view is worth the extra steps.

13. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    my guess is billions of people. places that aren't successful at selling food don't open thousands of franchises all over the world.

14. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    McD's : 37,000+. I thought it was much more really. I mean you can find their discarded wrappers just about anywhere in the world.
    and about 33,000 Starbucks. :eek:

15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  16. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
  17. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
  18. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Neither of those last two photos bother me at all...nothing wrong with that parking, perfectly reasonable. Your cars are safe and respected.
    Does show how tiny those Ferrari’s are though! :)

19. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Mothra: The Early Years

Mike

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  20. Nafiz Ali Khan

Nafiz Ali Khan Karting

Jul 19, 2006
    Phoenix
    Had brunch at a hotel one morning and found a guy sitting on my car (not Ferrari) while talking on his phone. I told him to get off my car and he acted like he was entitled to the space. I informed him that he could get shot for messing with the wrong people in this country.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

EastMemphis likes this.
  21. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Man nothing gets me going like people NOT parking correctly.

If I see a nice car in a parking spot by its lonesome, I'll park next to it and give it a lot of room to ensure that no one will park next to it and ding the car.

22. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    The gas station I use regularly had a murder a few weeks ago where a customer, from out of town, had his music playing very loudly in his car while pumping gas. The security guard told him to turn it down, the customer got mouthy about it, and the guard shot him in the chest from about 20 feet. Good shot, but jeez. I think the guard exceeded his authority.

(https://abc7chicago.com/alvin-motley-jur-memphis-tn-gregory-livingston/10947929/)

So I was getting gas at the station for my S550, a long fill since it takes about 25 gallons by the time I get to it, and a guy with a fancy jeep pulls into the other side of the pump, playing his music really loud. I leaned over to his side and told him in a joking way that people in these parts get shot for playing their music too loud. He laughed and I said "They do, really. A guy was killed here last week for it." He sort of chuckled and indicated he was within his rights to play it as loud as he wants. He's right of course, to a point.

A minute later, he turned it off. I guess he realized I might have been serious.

23. Nafiz Ali Khan

Nafiz Ali Khan Karting

Jul 19, 2006
    Phoenix
    I used to live in Memphis and there are definitely parts of town I would not venture into.. especially with a nice car. If still lived there I would wear body armor if drove a Ferrari

I always carry when out with the nice cars even in good cities.

italiafan likes this.