F8 - Fabspeed X-Pipe only | FerrariChat

F8 Fabspeed X-Pipe only

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Tifoso Ferrari, Sep 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    Anyone have experience with the Fabspeed X-Pipe only? Video? Sound improvement?

Seems like a simple way to improve the sound without any CEL triggers …

2. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    A lot of people will chime in and say you have to replace the GPF and/or cats. Need to hear from someone who has only done the back section. I ordered an X pipe from Novitec for my Pista and will see what that alone gets me. Just have to wait for it to come!

3. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
  4. Mortarion

Mortarion Karting

Jun 6, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jase
    Yeah, there's an improvement but would add the Forza valve controller + 200 cell cats if you want it next level.

5. Nafiz Ali Khan

Nafiz Ali Khan Karting

Jul 19, 2006
    Phoenix
    I had X-Pipe only on an F430 and it sounded pretty good. With the headers it was insane. Almost anxiety inducing when in a closed parking garage with how loud it boomed.

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  6. BLKBLK

BLKBLK Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2011
    I have Fabspeed x-pipe only on my 488 with open valve. It sounds perfect to my ears. Big improvement over stock with open valves.

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  7. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    No CEL worries at all! one of the best ways to improve sound without removing Cats/GPFs.

Plife likes this.
  8. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Any sound clips?? Also, why did you chose this design and not do an x pipe to replace the small center silencer??

9. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    How about just delete the entire rear muffler? Go straight through the stock cats and gpf only.

10. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Thats what these fabspeed pipes do Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I was thinking more of a smooth rear exit by capping off the pipes that go to the muffler or x pipe or these cross pipes. Cut the cross pipes off to the muffler and weld in pieces so the exhaust just smoothly exits and no rear cross or x pipe pipe business

12. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Then you will have to remove valves or get valve controller which apparently also needs a tectronic obd to avoid cel. If i go through all that trouble im getting a full exhaust

13. Mortarion

Mortarion Karting

Jun 6, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jase
    I have the X-Pipe only on my F8. There's an improvement but would probably get valve controller as its still quiet with valves closed.

Plife likes this.
  14. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    By x pipe only you mean opf are still in place correct? Any drone and how hard was it to install. Im assuming bumper had to come off

15. Mortarion

Mortarion Karting

Jun 6, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jase
    Yep, OPF still in place. No drone and got the dealer to install it. Id probably get the 200 Cell Cats from Fabspeed as they claim no CEL with it.

Plife likes this.
  16. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Perfect thanks for the quick response! Do you remember how many hours of labor it was and do you have any sound clips?

17. Mortarion

Mortarion Karting

Jun 6, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jase
    Cost me about $300USD to get it installed. No sound clips. Might record one when I get a chance.

Plife likes this.
  18. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Awesome, thank you. That seems very reasonable for ferrari labor must be super easy to install. Since no drone and it shouldnt affect warranty seems like a no brainer. Honestly i didnt think the f8 sounded bad at all stock and ive had some gnarly modded NA cars. Looking forward to a startup and some revs if you have time. Greatly appreciated.

Mortarion likes this.
  19. Mortarion

Mortarion Karting

Jun 6, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jase
    No problem. They just put it on a hoist and took rear bumper off. Few people here said the Forza valve controller doesn't cause CEL. I ended up buying a full Kline exhaust system with Novitec Switch/Tectronic from Vivid Racing but said will take 6 weeks to be ready. Ive had the X pipe for about 8 months and its been fine but the valves really kill the sound. Cold start its quite loud. Was originally going with the Forza and Fabspeed 200 Cell cats but after seeing Dicecal's setup decided to go all Inconel.

Plife likes this.
  20. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yess!! Ill probably start with just the muffler delete and pretend like thats going to be enough for me because the car is so damn expensive. Then ill realize i need headers and probably do a full kline with steel headers 200 cell cats, the inco valved muffler and the novitec tectronic, lol. I just cant wrap my head around a pre-meditated disregard for warranty (today) like i am on my 992 gt3 which is getting full dundon headers plus a bespoke titanium muffler. Thats going to sound like the apocalypse

Mortarion likes this.
  21. Mortarion

Mortarion Karting

Jun 6, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jase
    Haha, yeah stuck in the same predicament. But living with it for 8 months I figured screw it, go hard or go home. F8 has Inconel headers so wanted the full Inconel Kline set, even if it most likely screws my warranty. Oh man, you are lucky to get a 992 GT3 we have over 40 people on the waiting list here..

22. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

#23 Viperjoe, Oct 18, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    I'm wondering if pinning the bypass valves open mechanically might yield positive results! Has anyone tried that? As there would be a modest improvement in sound, I'm primarily concerned about triggering a CEL, warranty impact, etc.

23. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Forgot the valves are electrical and can’t be messed with unless you have a tune or controller.

24. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    Bumping this thread to see if anyone has a sound/video clip of the Fabspeed X-Pipe only. Thanks.

Cigarzman likes this.