Insurance | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Insurance

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Sig. Roma, May 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Does anyone insure a car that is usually kept in a storage facility? If so, how does it work and can you recommend an insurer who's used to dealing with that situation? I may find myself having to do that between house-moves.

2. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    I believe lockton have special mention of that in their policy. I’m sure others do as well.

tomw likes this.
  3. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Matthew has been a pleasure to deal with this week. As I mentioned above, the car will be in storage for a while but this was no problem for Lockton.

A348W likes this.
  4. yorkshiredale

yorkshiredale Rookie

Sep 14, 2021
    Lockton can’t provide cover if you’ve had more than one faulty claim in the past five years. So mine went on the Admiral multi car policy for £650/year.

When I last had a claim with them they wanted to push their preferred repairers which I rejected and insisted that the car was repaired by the main dealership’s preferred body shop which they reluctantly agreed to. Only downside was Admiral wouldn’t provide a hire car (the main dealer did).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. flyer47

flyer47 Rookie

Aug 6, 2018
    I use AIB. As I am working overseas, my 458 is in secure storage. They aren’t the cheapest but the coverage is excellent and I’m not going to penny pinch on insurance for such an expensive car.