My New 2022 F8 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

My New 2022 F8

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by shaun1, Oct 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. todd cloud

todd cloud Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    The veracity of my post has not been questioned, just the tone. Interesting.
    Annual CA registration issues aside, God forbid a warranty issues arises because you no longer have one on your brand new 370K+ car.

2. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I thought GPF were designed for European Emissions???

Therefore, if one was to remove their GPF then the vehicle would still be in compliance and therefore would be the same as all of the other vehicles being sold currently in the USA without GPF.

BUELL XB12R and Senna1994 like this.
  3. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #53 vonbeeler, Oct 28, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    Agreed.
    I’m planning on removing the stock boxes and going Novitec valveless/GPF-less.
    I won’t mess with the cats for emissions sake.

Shaun,
    Congrats on your beautiful Nero F8!!
    Just incredible with the wheels.
    I just sold my Nero 488 spider and placed my F8 spider order a couple months ago.
    Was thinking to go one of the grey tones but your car makes me want Nero again.
    I’m in North San Diego. If you guys drive the forest PM me and I’ll come up in my 812.
    Glorious sounds..
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    In addition to the above comments id like to point out that the stock cats on the f8 are gargantuan and probably overkill. Plus theres always the argument that 5000 ferraris a year (the majority of which are stock and probably never driven due to depreciation concerns) arent hurting the planet in a meaningful way compared to other modes of shipping and transportation. Not to mention that they sound glorious with an exhaust LOL…

5. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    mdrums and RoadRonin like this.
  6. todd cloud

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    no

7. todd cloud

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    irrelevant

8. BillHartman67

BillHartman67 Karting

Sep 25, 2021
    Montvale, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bill Hartman
    I agree the tone of the post was aggressive.

Asked my dealer about Novatek and he agrees that would void the warranty.
    He said "changing the exhaust would require the car to be re-tuned outside of Ferrari spec, and that would void the warranty"

Having said this, I still agree it sounds terrific.

430jm likes this.
  9. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #59 Plife, Oct 28, 2021
    Car forums are irrelevant to the law. Your participation in this thread is irrelevant to what people will do to their cars and what services dealers will offer to them. Your participation in this thread (and others that ive seen) is relevant to ruining every single one of them. My opinion, which is irrelevant

10. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    @todd cloud why are u so angry about exhaust mods? Why do you even drive a ferrari? I would love to know

Chizz likes this.
  11. todd cloud

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    excellent question.
    the exhaust mods don’t bother me per se.
    it is the galactic stupidity of advertising the illegal and warranty voiding mods of public forums that i find worthy of caustic and repetitive commentary.

12. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I can see how repetitive misinformation can become annoying. I just inform myself on the specific car im buying and ignore the whole rigamarole. Its the same cycle on every forum ive seen. The problem is even when its fully explained correctly a new member joins and starts a completely different thread without searching and the whole cycle starts again. Then without fail the Mangusson Moss police show up and say u can run open headers as long as your service advisor winks at you and Ferrari will have to eat the bill on your damaged powertrain, when in reality you risk having s $400,000 brick sitting at your dealer until you pay for the bill. Now its even worse because of supply chain issues affecting parts and repair times. I think most people participating in forums actually get it but theres a few that will always be misinformed. Its kind of the nature of forums i think.

mdrums and 430jm like this.
  13. todd cloud

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    what disclosures are being made to the folks like the OP? are these shops disclosing that the types of mods associated the GPF deletion void the Ferrari warranty and are not street legal? will someone PM me a contract with these shops? I am curious. From the everyday manner in which these posts are shared leads me to believe the shops in question did not disclose or did so in the fine print. No Ferrari dealership would every mess with GPF for these very reasons. Ever.

430jm likes this.
  14. todd cloud

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    If the GPF delete folks go into this with full disclosure, have at it. The F8 exhaust note is an abomination. The lawyer in me is concerned that full disclosure is not being made in a meaningful manner and if a warranty issue comes up, there will be heartache and disappointment on a grand scale. I am also pretty sure any Ferrari with an ECU alteration can never be CPO, thus also affecting resale. One cannot flash back to stock without the checksum failing to match.

Lots of implications here. Ask the coal rollers. That did not end well for them.

430jm and Plife like this.
  15. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott

There is no flashing, Karen. No ECU tuning is used for his aftermarket exhaust. How about staying in your lane and not worrying about what other people do with their own cars? Or is your obvious lack of self-control getting the best of you?

16. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Lack of informed consent is a big deal. But i cant name any other profession other than medicine, where the service providers are held to such high standards. Plumbers, mechanics, even lawyers are not necessarily abiding by such high standards. Unfortunately the world is a ****show. Cant change that and getting upset is only gonna give u a heart attack chief. Just rip around in your car call it a day

17. todd cloud

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    The clearing of the ECU errors that stem from the GPF delete is what I was primarily referring to. These are all logged. The flash or tune issues come up as well. People like you are why I never never never buy used Ferrari. You simply have no way of knowing the nouveau riche white trash that owned it before.

Plife likes this.
  18. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    ECUs are so smart these days nobody is fooling Ferrari. They know exactly what happened

19. Divexxtreme

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'm actually not white, Karen. But I'm glad to see you're accurately living up to your name by bringing race into the discussion. Perfectly apropos.

One last time, since this seems exceptionally hard for you to comprehend. Not your car. Not your business.

m8000 and Chizz like this.
  20. todd cloud

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    how about I file a citizens suit under Section 304(a) of the Clean Air Act, obtain all Novitec sales record nationwide for the last 5 years, track down the OP, and make it my business?

REALZEUS likes this.
  21. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I dont even have a car please dont sue me:eek:

22. Divexxtreme

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Go for it, Karen! Seems like the exact thing someone like you would do. Let us know how it goes!

23. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    #73 GatorFL, Oct 28, 2021
    So let me get this straight. You reported one of @todd cloud's posts for personal attacks when you yourself have called him Karen FOUR times? Bruh, are you mentally challenged or something? 3 day site ban.

24. Dijit

Dijit Karting

Feb 4, 2017
    Hampshire
    “People like you…white trash…” come on guys!

Chizz likes this.
  25. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

To the OP - gorgeous spec, love everything about the car. Congratulations.

Senna1994 and blkdiablo33 like this.