355 - So i just bought a F355GTS F1 *Pics* | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 So i just bought a F355GTS F1 *Pics*

Discussion in '348/355' started by Tarek307, Oct 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Is it just the angle or does it have something like neg 4 deg camber and 4 deg toe in? :confused::eek:

ShineKen likes this.
  2. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Your eyes aren’t deceiving you :). When Mark had the car, he went full airbag. He actually coined the term, “hella flush” maybe 2 decades ago, so I guess he thought it was a good idea on the 355. Let’s just say the car is in better hands now :).

The current Period Correct store in Costa Mesa, CA was previously the Illest store.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Gated six, Yassa and INTMD8 like this.
  3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    @INTMD8

Mark (Illest) was one of the first guys (maybe the first) to have an RWB Porsche built by Nakai-san in the U.S. The rest as I’m sure you know… is history.

I’ve been in the industry a very long time, but my taste for modifying cars has always been different from most.

INTMD8 likes this.
  4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    You might even be better off having @Targatime do it. Afterall, he does have the unobtanium parts :).

5. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    [QUOTE="ShineKen, post: 148153293, member: 52186"USER=50092]@INTMD8[/USER]

I’ve been in the industry a very long time, but my taste for modifying cars has always been different from most.[/QUOTE]

Thankfully :D

GatedF355GTB and tres55 like this.
  6. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    #31 Tarek307, Oct 16, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    The more i'm driving this F1 the more i'm liking it and putting aside idea of converting to manual ..and my system isn't even working 100% properly..

Attached Files:

7. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    He has the wheels and would be willing to sell them :)

8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Does he have the original Speedline barrels?

9. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    Not sure, but I can ask.

10. AVMotorsport

AVMotorsport Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Alex V

Haha, yes that was me. Mr. O is a very good friend of mine. The 355 5.2 Gruppe M intake was indeed brand new at the time, and they were the first ones to have it (in the US). Mr. O used to come regularly to the US, but haven't seen him since the start of the pandemic.

We all used to be very active with the NSX Club. Mr. O had a few 355s actually, and it remains his most favorite Ferrari model. He actually convinced me to get one, too.

Tarek, if you still need to get a hold of Doug, let me know. I also know that 355 you have very well. ;-)

Oh, and don't "downgrade" your car to a manual. :-D Just stick a 360 pump conversion in there and you'll be very happy.

Alex

11. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
    Congrats Tarek and welcome to the brotherhood.

Tarek307 likes this.
  12. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    hah! Remember it as well from back in the day.

It was called the NSX-Files if I remember right. Microsoft guy?

crinoid likes this.
  13. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    That's it!! I could NOT remember..

bjwhite likes this.
  14. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Hey Alex, i was able to contact Doug, very nice guy.Would love to meet up with you guys sometime.its pretty cool to have a car with a history like this. The car is currently at Fast Cars LTD being sorted..still on the fence about the manual conversion...but i've got the parts ready to go incase i decide to-

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Senshi458, Yassa, Qavion and 2 others like this.
  15. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Yeah seem to remember the pair of them, one guy had a red one (must be Doug) and the other one had a yellow one and blogged about them. They both had exhausts on them if I remember correctly. I worked at Microsoft at the time and remember seeing their cars every now and again and reading that blog. They had NSXes originally and then got 355s. Or something like that. Hadn't thought of that website in years but I remember it well.

16. AVMotorsport

AVMotorsport Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Alex V
    Yup, that's correct. Can also be found at

pulpracing.com
    Hi Tarek,

It's good you were able to contact Doug... I gave him a heads up. Meeting up sometime sounds like a great idea! We're both working on our NSXs and are planning on bringing them to the track sometime early next year. Or perhaps we can put together a 355 meet for the holidays...

Where were you able to source all the parts for the conversion?

Just curious, how many miles does the ex-Pulp Racing 355 ;-) have on it now?

17. StanT

StanT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    #42 StanT, Nov 9, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    Congrats on joining the relatively exclusive (529 max) 355F1 GTS club. I've had mine since Oct. 2007 and thoroughly enjoy it, here at Watkins Glen at the September 2018 Ferrari National Meet.

Here's another post from NSXfiles, from 2007.
    http://www.nsxfiles.com/f355/

The highest 355 VIN I have in my records is 117082. I don't know the manufacture date but it is much higher than the original poster's.

Tarek307 likes this.
  18. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/who-has-the-latest-f355-production-date.650424/

19. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    http://www.nsxfiles.com/f355/

Looking at the pics of seats, to my discerning eye, they looked larger than normal. I’m glad he posted the window sticker as it clearly indicates “large” racing seats.

It was long believed the 355 carbon sport seats only came in one size. There is a tag on the bottom of the seat, but does not say “small, medium, or large.” Just a bunch of numbers and trying to make sense of them.

I argued there should be 3 sizes. Narrow, Normal, Large. The vast majority are normal. Very Very few are narrow or large. Perhaps less than 5% of carbon sport seats. I’m not sure I’ve come across a narrow version, unless I can confirm with the bottom tag, which is basically me trying to make sense of the numbers.

20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    He optioned the car with drilled brake disc, which is the same setup on the Fiorano Handling Pack cars only available in Europe, except for the Serie Fiorano Spiders in U.S.

I didn’t know that was an option for U.S cars. How cool is that? Doesn’t appear the rotors were replaced with drilled ones later on.

21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  22. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    I'm up for meeting whenever, i live in Belmont Shore, Long Beach so very close to you guys. The car now has 52K miles..i got the parts from another member here as they are basically impossible to find, he did a conversion to his car but had also bought another set of parts couple of years ago.

AVMotorsport likes this.
  23. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I knew I recognized this street. This is the back street parking to Michael’s Pizzeria in Naples Island isn’t it?

Tarek307 likes this.
  24. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    wow man!!! Good eye ;) yes it is

ShineKen likes this.
  25. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Well i had my F1 system finally diagnosed and seems like the problem with the downshift from 3rd to 2nd is the Actuator...i've decided to just go ahead with the conversion to manual and its already in the process..so this baby will be a manual soon.

Strangely enough a friend told me about a local 99' Berlinetta also with carbon seats that maybe for sale, i ended up knowing the owner and went ahead and bought that car too- That car was also an F1 that was converted to a manual a few years ago..what are the chances? lol..

I've been trying to decide now which one to keep and which one to sell..most likely i'm keeping the GTS as i love the Targa Top since its a 2nd "occasional" car but the Berlinetta is darn sexy too and is in a great color...both 99's both same 50k mile range & both w carbon seats

View attachment 3246123

Attached Files:

Yassa, Qavion, ShineKen and 1 other person like this.