I have had it with this piece of junk! | Page 9 | FerrariChat

I have had it with this piece of junk!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rudyF599, Jul 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I love my Ferrari, I really do, but I've owned it since november and just now my check engine light came on, this will be my 5th major visit to the shop this year in the 575. I've owned my SLR for 3 years and yes routine maintenance is way more money but its never once had an issue outside of routine maintenance. This 575 is really starting to be a pita, but its beautiful and i love it, hopefully this isn't too major, but just getting sick of the car already and thats not good.

2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    v12 and check engine light.. go hand and hand.

buy a scanner and maybe the scuderia rampante gold kit

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  3. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Just get another one then. Enjoy the warranty and get the extended warranty. Drive it like you stole it. Then sell it. Repeat the cycle with another new one. But wait, you work twenty years to buy a used 599, and at the same time you can afford ten more. My only question is hmm?

Is a Yaris reliable? Is Toyota as reliable as the 90s? I actually don't know. Just get a new Miata then. It's fun.

4. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
  5. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
  6. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I mean thats a silly response, I can afford whatever I want and I choose to currently own a 2002 575 and a 2006 SLR Mclaren, doesnt mean I can't buy a new 812, it means I had a passion for those 2 cars back when they were new and I want them now.

daytona355 and paulchua like this.
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    If you buy an older Ferrari, more issues are part of the equation. Experiences of course vary, with some worse then others.

It's like buying an exotic rare animal, one should expect a different experience then getting a mutt dog/cat.

Sometimes a mutt is the best dog one can ever get, but it will most likely be a different endeavor vs if you get a wolf hybrid breed or some other 'exotic.'

8. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    My response was to the op of this thread. not for you, F355 Fan 82

daytona355 likes this.
  9. chucklehead

chucklehead Karting

Mar 28, 2005
    Beverly, MA
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    I know this was a long time ago.If it was a black F355 with stick, I hope it treated you well. I drove it everywhere and burned the valves on track at Monticello. Traded it in after repairs for a Challenge Stradale. Still wish for a stick on Ferraris.