Mondials For Sale | Page 108 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    They appear to cater to the non-concourse market. Lower price point with stories and/or possible issues.

IMHO

2. decampos

decampos Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 11, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I laughed aloud at the way they snuck in 'salvage title' along with the features of the car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

dmarti02 likes this.
  3. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Wow, I didn’t read the description!!

4. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Par for the course for Alex, frankly speaking.

5. geno355

geno355 Karting

Jul 5, 2007
    Winchester, KY
    Full Name:
    Geno Kearney
    I still have this. I need to sell it before winter. Not much activity. Only a few calls? Am I asking too much? Being the lower cost end of Ferrari ownership, I expected it to move fairly quickly. My 348 and 355 sold almost instantly. Thanks,

Geno

6. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    You have a very nice Mondial!

A 348 or a F355 are high on the list of want to have. However, a Mondial is a bit of a different story. For the right price it sells fairly fast IMHO, but I'm afraid you have competition of other Mondial Ts with a lower price also from the 3.2, which is most desirable of the Mondial family.

Nice to see you have done a lot, you do not see it that often! I'm not up to date on all the prices in the US, but I sincerely hope you get a good price for it still!

7. geno355

geno355 Karting

Jul 5, 2007
    Winchester, KY
    Full Name:
    Geno Kearney
    Thanks so much for the reply. I know there are Mondial Ts being offered in the $40s, but those seem to be due a major, or in need of work, or worse lacking in documentaion. Those are the scary ones. Case in point, I paid $40k, in full knowledge that it needed work. Before I got it home, it dropped a valve, I decided then to pony up for the full rebuild. I had no delusion that I would get my money back when I sold it. That never happens. I did expect to sell it for more than one of the scary cars. Mine should appeal to a buyer as a good value with a fresh engine, clutch, etc....

You said that the 3.2 cars were more desireable. I had never heard that. Why is my 3.4 less desireable than a 3.2?

Keeping in mind all of the work I've had done, what kind of price do you think I shoulld be expecting for this car?

Thanks, again.

Geno

8. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I do agree with you btw.
    Oh my! Pity to hear it dropped a valve! :eek:

The service, on the engine and transmission is more easy and less expensive compared to the T. A lot can be done with the engine in when you need to drop it for a T like the 348 and F355. People that are looking for non T like the new look of the bumpers, wheels and the dash compared to the QV or 8. These two things make the 3.2 more wanted then the other models. Even on QVs the bumpers of the 3.2 are fitted to have this look (Ps nothing wring with that:).

9. decampos

decampos Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 11, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I agree with MvT that the ease of maintenance on the 3.2 makes them more desirable for some people, including myself, but it looks like there is still a premium paid for the T.

Have you tried selling it on Bring a Trailer? I recently sold a car on there and it appeared to sell for what it was worth.

dmarti02 likes this.
  10. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Geno I think your car is a fair price. Looks to be really nice. I personally think the 3.4 T is way more desirable than any other Mondials.

11. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Last september I did go with "Les Chevaliers des Mondials" on tour in Italy. I did drive with QV's and 3.4 t's. There is almost no difference in power (to me). It ain race cars. Cruizers at top level. I prefere 3.2 over mondial t (major engine out) and QV/8 also. Those bumpers on QV and 8 are havy and prone for rust. And the looks are more modern on 3.2 and t.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    @geno355 : I fully concur: the 3.2 (I had one) is genuinely nice, but the t is nicer. :)

gsfent likes this.
  13. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I have to say the tide has changed I guess :eek::) 158 votes for the 3.2 and 172. I stand corrected looking at the numbers :)
    Mondial Registry | Page 29 | FerrariChat

14. geno355

geno355 Karting

Jul 5, 2007
    Winchester, KY
    Full Name:
    Geno Kearney
    Thanks, guys. I'll be watching that 90 on BAT. I may give that a try. I git a call last week from a call last week from a guy named I'll call Jersey Mike from CT, who seemed about knowledgeable of these cars, and sincerely interested. He thought my price was just a little high, so I expressed some flexibility. He spoke of getting a PPI, which I said I was fine with. Since then, he ghosted me. Oh well.

Should I have a PPI done locally to offer those interested, or would that seem phony? I have nice Shutterfly book I had done to offer those interested.

Geno

15. decampos

decampos Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 11, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ben
  16. theunissenguido

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    I do not understand ...the car is in the family since new and only 2 owners ?!

17. sinistermist

sinistermist Karting

Mar 23, 2016
    Car is 40 years old. Most likely got passed down.

18. theunissenguido

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Or a divorce case....:rolleyes:

19. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
  20. mike dougherty

Feb 27, 2010

21. mike dougherty

Feb 27, 2010
    I didn't ghost you

i"m high bidder on the BAT car

If i get that car for under 40K and do everything to it...I have a low mileage car for under 50K

22. Norseman

Norseman Rookie

Nov 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ben B
  23. sinistermist

sinistermist Karting

Mar 23, 2016
    Norseman and jjmalez like this.
  24. Norseman

Norseman Rookie

Nov 26, 2018