Ferrari BR20 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari BR20

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by ale75, Nov 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    Gross....Bruta. No likey at all.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  2. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Somehow all these one-off Ferraris look like they have been designed too swiftly. And that's probably because they are...

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  3. inox

inox Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2017
    Not perfect. The rear reminds me of Colani Testarossa. However, given that Lusso's roof structure is still maintained, not sure how it could have been done better. Perhaps it has a good luggage space as well?

The overall shape is still quite okay and does not bother me as much as the side profile of 812 Superfast.

Does BR stand for BRunei?

4. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Most likely it's the initials of the name of the owner.

5. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    I like it. Looks better than the 812 SF to me.

6. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Interesting prospect the F167, it will determine whether or not I have bought my last new Ferrari.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  7. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    If day355 says it correctly, you must buy the 812 SF replacement (F167). “Fluid and pure, sculptured and with much sporty presence + NA V12“ (were his words, so far as i remember). 2023 we will know more...;)

456-boy likes this.
  8. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Front grill, especially bottom part, sucks.
    Wheels are awful.
    In profile, rear decklid overhang looks clumsy.

Looks more like a one-off Aston, or an oversized Roma with a body kit.

A miss.

Ferrari really needs to kiss and make up with Pininfarina.

Mike

9. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike

That's a pretty low bar.

Mike

Jeronimo GTO and Marcel Massini like this.
  10. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Do we have any idea what the 812 replacement will look like?

Mike

11. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I don’t understand this design. It looks like it is more trying to be Japanese than Italian. I don’t get the rear buttress design aspect or what it does, if anything. I don’t get the rear end, I don’t get the front end.

I am not saying it is terrible, it just seems like a hodge podge of different stuff, almost forced rather than elegant and purposeful.

If it what the client desires, than God Bless Them and Ferrari for fulfilling their dream. That experience has to be a pretty awesome one.

How much say/input does the client actually have in the design process. I imagine Ferrari gets plenty of dumb requests and ideas. Does the customer have the more important say or does Ferrari guide/advise/refuse through this process?

12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    If you design, build, and deliver a car such as this for a client I'm not so sure how much responsibility you can push back on to the client. If you put your name on it then you pretty much own it for better or worse. I would say this particular example is typical of this design house.

13. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    I don't like it but I love the design of both the 296 and 812 so what do I know.

Lukeylikey and ryalex like this.
  14. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    See post #57... for further details it´s too early.

15. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    I don't see the work of Manzoni and the Centro Stile quite as critically as you do (although the BR20 raises doubts again). The 812 Superfast doesn't really convince me either, although the proportions are better than the BR20 (but much worse than the F12 Berlinetta). For me, the Icona series and especially the 812 SF successor (F167) will be a possible indication of whether they can really do it without Pininfarina or not. For me, these large V12 GTs (with two seats) have always been the benchmark for the Ferrari brand.

rossodino and 611LW like this.
  16. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    There is a chap who posts on here claiming an inside line at the factory, whose name I forget, who says it will be smaller and prettier than the 812.
    Neither goal sounds unachievable, as the F12 was both.

ohno likes this.
  17. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #67 Adamas, Nov 13, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021

...... well, .......... yeah........ wouldn't it have to be?- I mean, it couldn't really get much bigger and uglier. :D:D:D

Mike

635CSI likes this.
  18. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    I think this person is day355 (see post #57).

635CSI likes this.
  19. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Glad someone said that. The 296 and 812 are both nicer than their predecessors. The special car is not my taste at all. Doesn’t mean I want PF back. That just seems short-sighted to me.

REALZEUS likes this.
  20. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    There is exactly one man (or woman) on Earth the car has to appeal to and I’m assuming it does. Not meant for mass distribution or appeal. Whoever the client is, he or she is clearly living a dream. Genuinely happy for them, and can’t imagine how awesome it must be to have a one off Ferrari. I happen to love it … seems both modern and elegant to me. I just hope they drive the snot out of it. Or park it in their living room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lukeylikey and SVCalifornia like this.
  21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Very cool. Would love that car with rear seats and the Monza driveline.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

456-boy likes this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Definitely prefer the 812 to the F12. It never did much for me. The 296 on the other hand, is notceven remotely as good looking as the F8 in my eyes. Too much wrong with the 296 looks for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

RamsHmb likes this.
  23. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I think if we do a survey of enthusiasts on the F12 vs 812 design, there will be at least 70% difference in favor of the F 12 !

24. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  25. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Be interesting to know but I’m not so sure it would prove correct. I think it would be much closer. People who focus on specific details tend to find some things they don’t like about the 812 but when taken as a whole, the F12 is thicker in the middle, whereas the 812 engine sits lower and gives a sleeker, lower-slung appearance amidships. There’s lots to like about both cars but the 812 seems a much more aggressive design. Depends if you like your cars looking pretty or powerful.

As for 296, it is clearly a balanced and clever design, whereas the F8 (which I liked enough to buy) is a very nice adaptation of 458/488. 296 is very modern and fresh and looks perfectly sized. I’m not planning to buy 296 so not being defensive. Just looks good to me.

350MH83, Caeruleus11 and RamsHmb like this.