FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PREMIO DE SAO PAULO 2021 - Sao Paulo - SPRINT ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 5 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PREMIO DE SAO PAULO 2021 - Sao Paulo - SPRINT ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Nov 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    He only needed to open drs to pass anyone BFD. So keep gnashing

sammysaber and Bas like this.
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep. I mean all cars struggle in dirty air but with low top speed it makes overtaking much harder.

Had max stayed ahead of bottas I'm sure he'd have cleared him with a few seconds gap. It's vital he gets ahead of him at the start tomorrow

3. SS454

SS454 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    I didn't understand that either. Lewis' car got DQ'd, thus lost his right to be on the grid for the Sprint race since in the books he failed to qualify. He should have started from the pitlane which would have prevent his slow formation lap, his easy overtake of 2 slow HAAS cars, or the Williams braking early and letting Lewis go by before T1.

Toto talking about gentleman's agreement and then blames Max for causing his team's rear wing infraction? Then being one of the reasons Max gets a 50k fine over something that other drivers, including Hamilton has done many times? Pretty low if you ask me.

4. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    I couldn’t believe max and Bottas were 15 seconds ahead of everyone, crazy

5. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Today was an sheer example of why I do not enjoy sprint qualifying.

Bottas had nothing to lose sending it in. Max did. They tangle both head to the back behind lewis.

Glad to see stuff being tried but it just doesn't seem right to me.

6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Agree
    We NEED a fast car next year.
    I’m tired to see our car 1s per lap slower than the Mercedes/Red Bull!

Jeronimo GTO and subirg like this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    100%. He's incredibly low. The fact that the FIA entertains any noise coming out from his ridiculous head is beyond me.

I'm not a violent man but he needs to be properly ***** slapped and some sense knocked into him imo.

ingegnere likes this.
  8. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    That was the best sprint parade, erm race, of the season. Still don’t like the format. It’s garbage.

Lucky progress from Ham. He’s, he drove at 10/10ths but the others cooperated nicely and literally jumped out of his way.

Max poor today. But perhaps that just shows he’s now worked out that he needs to play the percentages game, drove cleanly and put the wdc ahead of banzai overtake moves.

Looking forward to the race!

fil and jpalmito like this.
  9. SS454

SS454 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    I can't believe I didnt see this until now, or that it hasn't been mentioned, but I watched Verstappen and Horner's post sprint race interviews and Max said RBR suspected something has been going on with Mercedes (Lewis') rear wing, and he said he clearly saw something. This coincides with Adrian Newey going to the stewards regarding Mercedes' rear wing. Horner then said roughly the same thing, and said that specifically on Lewis Hamilton's car that his straight line performance is in a different league. He was 27 kph faster than Lando Norris when he passed him which is unheard of. He said for Mercedes to attain these speeds through horsepower alone would require a power delta to every other engine that is off the scale. The 100 horsepower different I randomly through out there would be realistic, which is highly doubtful is in fact the case without some sort of cheating of fuel flow. Very interesting he said did say specifically Hamilton's car, which may suggest poor Bottas doesn't even get to use their "cheat" wing.

10. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    So how does MV think he will test the deflection on the Mercedes rear wing by touching it..............seriously, perhaps he should look at his first, especially the front wing! Its intended to provoke a reaction from the FIA, get a fine (cheap when you think about it if he wins today) and then get the rival team investigated.

Its this type of BS that pisses me off with F1.

I seem to have found [some] sympathy with Toto on this one. I'm going to root for LH today and hopefully see pressure piled onto the dutch muppet. I didnt see RB crying when they did the same a few races back.

Tony

11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Agree'd the Horner - Marko stupidity of cheating with NO Proof continues. We know the one team who's wing was flexing and changed and a NEW test was opened because of it - RedBulls. Thats called proof. If Mercedes are cheating - PROVE IT.

Mouthing off as they are is just more of the same from the F1 crying babies. I would be happy to see Mercedes punished if its a valid proof. So far ZERO.

Max was a supreme idiot for his actions in the Parc Ferme' area. Needless. If anyone has proof that Mercedes are cheating - then post it. So far there is none. RedBull have not lodged any new protests. Just the normal squawking of annoying birds they are.

I would say this if it was Ferrari mouthing off about nothing without proof. Its typical poor taste hysteria for the press. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for RedBull. Enough! Mercedes were faster yesterday. Deal with it RedBull face the challenge and continue to compete.