FORMULA 1 OOREDOO QATAR GRAND PRIX 2021 - Lusail - RACE... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 8 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 OOREDOO QATAR GRAND PRIX 2021 - Lusail - RACE... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Nov 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The amount of time and media exposure they waste complaining is not impressive. What is - is how little of this other teams do. RedBull exceptional in time waste.

2. DF1

From what I recall this was indeterminate on SKY in practice openly. If its a repost I apologize. This was published during qualy.

ricksb likes this.
  3. DF1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/horner-apologises-for-f1-marshals-comment-in-qatar/6806479/

Horner apologises for F1 marshals comment in Qatar

By: Jonathan Noble
    Nov 21, 2021, 11:57 AM
    Red Bull team principal Christian Horner has apologised for comments he made criticising the FIA and a marshal at Formula 1's Qatar Grand Prix.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Horner was summoned to the stewards after the race at Losail on Sunday to face allegations that he had breached the International Sporting Code and damaged the reputation of the FIA and its officials.

The Red Bull boss received an official warning for his remarks, which he made before the race to Sky, blaming a 'rogue marshal' for having put out the double waved yellow flags in qualifying which triggered Max Verstappen getting a five-place grid penalty.

Horner told the FIA that his reaction was one that was made "under the pressure of competition" following Verstappen's penalty, but stewards explained that the marshal concerned was "doing his job in precisely the manner prescribed in the International Sporting Code."

Their statement said Horner offered to apologise to the marshal concerned and to explain to the media
    that he meant no offense, which was accepted by the stewards. He also offered to participate in the 2022 FIA International Stewards Programme.

After visiting the stewards to explain his actions, Horner apologised for any offence that his remarks may have made – especially to the marshals involved.

"Some comments were made, I think, in our interview earlier where you asked me about the marshalling and.... I'd like to make it clear that marshals do a wonderful, wonderful job," he told Sky.

"They are volunteers, and they do a great job. And my frustration in what I voiced earlier wasn't at marshals, it was at a circumstance.

"So if any offence was taken by any individual, then obviously I apologise for that. But it's still frustrating to end up with the situation that we had."

Horner said that he had also said sorry to the FIA stewards, as he made clear that his annoyance was more with the goings on around the yellow flags than the actions of any individual.

"I spoke with the FIA. I apologised if any offence in any way was created, because it wasn't the intention," he said.

"My frustration wasn't with an individual marshal. It was with a situation where one car had driven [through], there was no yellow. One car gets a single yellow, one car gets a double yellow. So it's the inconsistency across that.

"We can learn from that. As a sport we can learn from that, but all the marshals out there: we need you, we think you do a wonderful job. And apologies if any offence was interpreted."

Horner denied that the aggression in his original comments was a sign of the pressure of the title getting to him – as he suggested Mercedes' Toto Wolff had shown more visible signs of emotions with his now famous gesture to the cameras in Brazil last weekend.

"I think we've actually been fairly pretty good without our emotions," he said. "I haven't been pointing and swearing at cameras or that kind of thing.

"I'm straight. I tell you what I think. If I think you are being an arse, I will tell you you are being an arse."

4. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Boring race at the front. Excellent race from p3 down. Well done Alonso! Mega podium.

Good to see Max’s penalty didn’t cost him any points in the end.

Bottas possibly the worst driver on the grid today (apart from Mazespin and Stroll obviously).

Championship nicely poised. Onwards to the party capital of the world - Saudi Arabia (not).

Bas, Senna1994 and ingegnere like this.
  5. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    Full of sincerity, I'm sure :)

6. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Not saying it's a repost, but Sky mentioned in Brazil that MB would save the engine after the race.

And Alpine referenced MB's flexi wing today.

crinoid likes this.
  7. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    4 drivers with tire issues-->Bottas, Norris, Russell and Latifi. All right(???) front tires. Running over the kerbs????

What will Pirelli say????

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Terrible track IMO, more of the same, doesn't add anything to the WDC.

9. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Explained by Mario Isola: FL tires worn to 100%, no energy absorption for the carcass from high energy impacts over the curbs. Pressure loss was relatively well contained allowing drivers not to lose control.

All the punctures were on cars running long and at or over the maximum laps based on learning from Friday wear analysis.

10. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Wonder if Honda is contemplating putting in a new Engine for Max the way MBZ has done for Lewis to even up the score. Especially with the fact that MBZ is keeping the Brazil engine in hand.

11. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Great job by Max staying within a few seconds of first and gaining the FL point even before putting on the softs.

This championship world be in the bad for him now we’re out not for HAM and BOT torpedoing him at Silverstone and Hungary!! Not to mention Baku.

But, of course, this is lost on the muppets at Sky who think HAM deserves to be in the running still.

ScreaminRevs, 375+, Bas and 11 others like this.
  12. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    100% however, remember the same thing happened to Alonso in 2012 with Kimi and Lettuce taking him out. RB's bendy front wing at the time. I always thought that Alonso was robbed of that championship in 2012 and if Max loses it this year it will be definitely down to the nonsense of Baku (tire failure) and Silverstone and Hungary.

375+, stavura, classic308 and 4 others like this.
  13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Have you guys noticed who were the steward stoday? Let me give you a hand in case not

gary Conelly and Pirro...also known as elton best friends!

Bas, stavura, jcurry and 6 others like this.
  14. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    Agreed here

The standings are what they are

LH has been driving at the top of his game during the most recent 2 events