612 dash display question | FerrariChat

612 dash display question

Discussion in '612/599' started by Concretecomet, Nov 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Concretecomet

Concretecomet Karting

Oct 10, 2021
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Mike
    So I’m a new 612 owner and notice a “SF” icon appears next to the fuel level when I’m in sport. Does this just mean tht the motor is at operating temp? Or something else? It seems to come on when the car is warmed up
    Thanks
    Mike

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Never seen this asked before but I think I'm right in deducing that its gearbox mode: SuperFast

3. LondonParis

LondonParis Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2020
    Houston/London/Paris
    Full Name:
    Bill Coates
    Exactly correct.

4. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Question regarding the digital gauges pictured above. Is that an option they only available on later models or all 612s? I have an 05 and have not seen/discovered a setting allowing you to see the digital gauges shown above.

5. QtrItalian

QtrItalian Karting

Jan 22, 2021
    I've asked this too....It seems the factory standard has evolved from bar graphs in '04/'05 with oil pressure included to curvilinear graphs for water temp/oil temp in '06 to full round gauges as above by the OTOs, maybe slightly earlier. I think there's no clear answer I've heard except potentially someone could program it but I'm unclear if this has been done or is theoretical. I think with such a rare model there simply isn't too much experimentation/modification that has been done on the 612 (at least in this case). I'd be willing to hear of this mod though....

6. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    My ‘08 OTO will display this or the bars.
    Not aware that it’s late models only but it’s described in the owner’s manual.

7. greybeast

greybeast Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2011
    Long Island
    The reason why the SF appears when the car is warm is because the faster shift logic / sport mode is inactive until the oil reaches a particular temperature. It also remains inactive below certain ambient temperatures since as well, if I recall correctly.

8. Titobandito

Titobandito Karting

May 26, 2019
    Switzerland
    My owner's manual tells me this means the F1 transmission has engaged the SuperFast gear shift mode.

F1 - SUPERFAST gearshift

The F1-SuperFast system uses the integrated electronic engine and gearbox management functions to exploit the elastic energy stored in the transmission components and enhance the performance of the vehicle.

The different actions involved in gearshifting (torque reduction and clutch disengagement, gear disengagement and engagement and subsequent clutch reengagement) are carried out in parallel instead of sequentially.

The result is extremely rapid gearshifting taking as little as 100 ms (measured as “acceleration gap”).

A message on the TFT display (next to the fuel gauge) notifies the driver that the F1-SuperFast fast gearshift function is available when the following conditions are met:

- F1-S function enabled;
    - engine water temperature > 70 °C;
    - gearbox oil temperature > 15 °C;

The F1-SuperFast fast gearshift function is enabled when an “UP”-shift is requested and, in addition to those listed above, the following conditions are also met:

- engine speed > 5,000 RPM;
    - accelerator pedal > 80%;
    - lateral acceleration < 0.9 g;
    - ESP/ASR systems not triggered; - wheelspin < 10%.

Makuono and Concretecomet like this.
  9. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    F1 Superfast is the name of the TCU software and transaxle hardware including dual plate clutch for the Sessanta and OTO, shared with the 599. It is actually Superfast 1 and Superfast 2 was on the Scud/16M and 599 GTO with min shift time of 60 ms.

kevchan_uk and Makuono like this.