Camouflaged Ferrari Test Crash in Germany | FerrariChat

Camouflaged Ferrari Test Crash in Germany

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Marcel Massini, Nov 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  2. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    What do you think it is?

3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Long term reliability test for the hybrid components ?

4. till.a.fischer

till.a.fischer Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Till Fischer
    G. Pepper likes this.
  5. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
  6. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
  7. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

A career-ending move for one employee.

paulchua, G. Pepper and Jedi like this.
  8. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    "Well, that manettino setting doesn't work great."

9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I'm happy to see Ferrari do some testing.

Mirek likes this.
  10. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    F8 chassis with v6 hybrid power train mule is what my money is on

G. Pepper and Marcel Massini like this.
  11. Dolcevita

Dolcevita Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 5, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Translation:
    Sinsheim: Ferrari Erlkönig crashes into the guardrail - secret e-speedster just junk

Created: 25.11.2021Updated: 11/25/20
    The Ferrari Erlkönig crashed into the guardrail at Hoffenheim. © Julian Buchner / Einsatz-Report24
    Sinsheim - The heart of every car fan bleeds at this sight! During a secret ride, a Ferrari test driver wrecked an expensive Erlkönig with the horse in the logo:

Mamma mia, hopefully the driver will be well insured in this crash at Hoffenheim! In a serious accident, a test driver wrecked a sinfully expensive Ferrari Erlkönig early on Wednesday morning (November 24th). The district road 4175 between Hoffenheim and Balzfeld (Rhein-Neckar-Kreis) - a single field of rubble. The hybrid runabout from the Italian sports car manufacturer with the horse on the bonnet crashed into the guardrail on its top secret ride at around 0:15 a.m.

On a straight stretch of road, the driver lost control of the several hundred horsepower electric car for an unexplained reason, and thundered into the lane several times over a length of around 200 meters - possibly due to improper speed. Fortunately, the driver was not injured.

Sinsheim: Ferrari Erlkönig scrapped in an accident on the county road near Hoffenheim
    The camouflaged luxury sports car turned on its own axis and finally came to a stop across the street. Drivers who happened to pass by have alerted the police. Fortunately, the information from the emergency call that the Ferrari would burn has not been confirmed, according to fire department chief Andreas Koch from the Hoffenheim fire department. No smoke was visible on the vehicle.

Fortunately, because of the late time, hardly any other road users were on the road. The K4175 had to remain locked for several hours during the accident recording and clean-up work. The police are investigating. (pek)

G. Pepper likes this.
  12. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    anunakki likes this.
  13. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    What on earth does ErlKoenig mean and how does it apply to this car? Thanks in advance.

14. mechaniker

mechaniker Formula Junior
    Owner

May 30, 2004
    Germany
    Here Marc : https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erlk%C3%B6nig_(Auto)

sorry, the english Wikipedia version does not describe "Erlkönig", but Development Mule.

15. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Ahah danke, I of course did some research on the word and it's historical significance but not in German... duly noted, alles gut.

16. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Read of this in the local paper here.

The Hockenheim/Sinnsheim area seems to be something of a 'mecca' for Ferrari and the somewhat more rare Lambo accidents over the years.

Why they would 'drive fast' in that area beats the hell outta me as I know it very well unless they were specifically testing suspension and braking and related artifacts. There are some 'surprising' and 'dangerous' pieces of roadwork in the area.

A81 about 40kms east of Sinnsheim (A81-Heilbronn-Wurzburg) is where I have encountered the very few 'Test Mules' (MB and BMW) I and friends have seen.

It is one of the very best, with little traffic, to drive HARD and FAST. The WWIII 'Air-Strip' (it really is, and you'll know it when you see it) on this stretch is as Straight as a Gunbarrel and Flat as a Pancake for several miles.

[I have not been everywhere in the country, but it is the only place I know of to 'safely' try the 200mph+ Zone.]