Let´s talk about Boxing | Page 146 | FerrariChat

Let´s talk about Boxing

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zzono, Dec 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    It's not the first or last time I disagree with Las Vegas scoring.:cool::D:D:D

PAP 348 likes this.
  2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Lol, not wrong mate. :)

And **** Bob Arum.

Crawford’s contract with Top Rank and Arum has finished, now I see Arum wants Crawford to fight Josh Taylor in the UK.........because Josh Taylor is a Top Rank fighter.

Sneaky ol Bob still trying to cash in off Crawford even though he’s not on the books anymore.

Bob needs to wake up to himself lol

3. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Yordenis Ugás has zero following and less PPV draw than just about anybody these days. It's a business first, then a sport.

Crawford vs. Taylor is also pretty far from a money fight for Arum. Who knows??? Spence is the opponent everyone wants.

4. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Absolutely, no money in Crawford fighting Ugas, but that's the next fight to make for Crawford to secure that belt IMO to set up the BIG fight with Spence Jr next year.

Forget about Crawford VS Taylor, it's a big money fight in the UK, but it's a fight TC don't need just yet.

A friend told me Spence Jr is back in training after successful eye surgery, so hopefully he has a "tune up" fight early next year, then we also Crawford VS Ugas early next year and that then sets up Crawford VS Spence Jr for all the gold mid to late 2022.

If Crawford only wants big money fights now before he retires, he may as well start chasing some big names in different divisions to make that happen before he retires because he is not a young man by any means.

Who knows what Crawford's plan is and what will happen in 2022. Hopefully it's a big year for him.

5. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Crawford has avoided the best opponents in his division throughout his career. I don't think Crawford wants to fight Spence until he has to. Crawford will head to Edinburgh to fight Taylor and collect a payday. Ugas is out there somewhere, but nobody will pay for that fight.

Canelo may be on to something in collecting a bunch of belts. I would rather see a few good fights than the UFC-style non-contender-of-the-week matchups. The promoters and the PPV players are picking fighters to fill dates.

Put this one on your calendar.

PAP 348 likes this.
  6. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky

7. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  8. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    My Tweet got deleted. That was some fight.

PAP 348 likes this.
  9. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Was a fantastic fight man!! :)

Lopez and his Dad are dickheads for behaving the way they have after this fight.

ag512bbi likes this.
  10. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Great fight! George was the consummate professional and beat Lopez convincingly. Lopez, the consummate narcissist, and his idiot father showed their true colors in defeat.

ag512bbi likes this.
  11. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    100%

They were and still are sore losers from some of the recent articles I have read over the last few days.

12. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  13. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    This is an interesting fight. I'm not sure Cruz has the ring intelligence to beat Davis but he has the power to hurt him if the opportunity presents. Davis is a devastating puncher as well. We'll know after the first round which way things are going to go.

PAP 348 and BOKE like this.
  14. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    It's the year of the upsets Thomas, Cruz might get the win this weekend. :D

ag512bbi likes this.
  15. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Cheers mate, definitely some great fights coming up this weekend. :)

Plus we also have Lomachenko fighting next weekend and GGG boxing again on the 29th of December. :D

A great month for the sport. :)

16. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    They just postponed the GGG fight due to “COVID concerns.” Very disappointing. Article said it probably will be held sometime next year in Japan.

17. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Unfortunately GGG isn't getting younger either. He must have already been deep into his training. To stop (or slow down) will take a toll on his body at his age. He will be 40 by the time he fights.

18. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I saw that yesterday, 20 minutes after I posted I saw this on his Facebook page and forgot to post it here. :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    +1

He ain't getting any younger that's for sure.

20. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Canelo should dump the stupid Makabu fight. Canelo vs. GGG III.

21. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yeah, I don't know about that either lol Canelo has GGG's number now I reckon. :(

GGG won the first fight, Canelo won the 2nd fight, they should have had the trilogy straight afterwards and that would have settled it for sure.

Not worth watching now, Canelo has gotten better and I think GGG has declined which wouldn't make for a good fight IMO. :(

22. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    It sucks that Japan is shut down for the MoronicOmicron. The end of the year fight is a big deal there, and I was looking forward to this one. The postponement is hard on both fighters since they were idle for so long.

I'm not sure anyone wants to see Canelo fight Makabu either. Canelo vs. Murata would be a good fight down the road if that could ever be put together.

I hate to say it, but fighters fighting past their prime is the new normal. Get ready for Floyd vs. Manny. I heard Canelo fights a YouTuber on the undercard.:D:D:D

23. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    CANELO ALVAREZ MAY NOT FIGHT ILUNGA MAKABU NEXT, ACCORDING TO WBC PRESIDENT
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

The Mexican had been expected to meet the WBC cruiserweight champion in May 2022.

WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman announced that Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez’s cruiserweight debut could come against a fighter other than Ilunga Makabu.

The 31-year-old Mexican sprang a surprise when he decided the next step from becoming undisputed at 168lbs would be to fight with an upper weight limit of 200lbs. While he has said he expects to come in well short of that in May next year, it is still a huge challenge.

He was expected to fight Makabu to celebrate Cinco de Mayo at the start of May, but first, the Congolese boxer has to face his mandatory, South African Thabiso Mchunu.

“The winner of Makabu vs. Mchunu will go against Canelo,” explained Sulaimain, reported Boxing Scene.

“There are many fights that are already in the pipeline and that is one of them. It is important to make Makabu and Mchunu known to the international boxing community at these levels. They are known in Africa and Russia, but we have to see them on a card and thus heat up a fight [with Canelo]. The WBC will always support Canelo. He is our "Franchise" champion, which allows him to seek any type of challenge, and not hindering him is a virtue with that designation. [As Franchise Champion] he has an open path to seek alternative paths and we are going to support him unconditionally."

24. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yep, sucks 100%. Another few months wait (training) would be hard on both fighters especially after their lengthy lay offs.

Nope, no one wants to see this fight, Canelo is obviously cherry picking another title and I am sure Makabu will kick himself 10 years down the road for taking this fight on at that point in time in his career.

Is it because they didn't invest wisely when the money was pouring in? lol

Or are they glory hounds and can't get enough of the spot light being a professional boxer lol

ag512bbi likes this.