330 GTC 9939 on BaT | Page 3 | FerrariChat

330 GTC 9939 on BaT

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Moopz, Nov 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I wouldn't put too much weight into an auction catalog description, never. Always best to personally inspect a car, with your own eyes and/or with help of an expert. That auction took place almost eleven years ago (RM in Scottsdale/AZ January 2011). Knowledge at the time was less and auction employees possibly cared less compared to today. Everybody is learning every day, and that makes it so fascinating. Just guessing, of course, we really don't know who did what or not back then.
    It is very much possible that the original engine 9939 stayed in the car all these years while other components were restamped or exchanged and replaced.
    As strange as it may sound here on fchat there's even people that don't even know that engines are numbered as well and some have no idea what "matching numbers" means or not.
    I consider engine number 9939 correct and genuine and original and NON-tampered at all.

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login

colombo2cam, donv, 375+ and 5 others like this.
  2. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Sold for $598,000

pilotoCS likes this.
  3. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name: