Any funny dealer stories? | FerrariChat

Any funny dealer stories?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by craze, Nov 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Took the family to local ferrari dealer, a few funny things happened and i realised these poor salespeople deal with so many different types of people

Anyone got any funny stories??

Walked past lambo dealer and witnessed a whole family of five squish themselves in a brand new huracan and shut the doors
    The salesperson was having kittens
    Couldn’t believe people are so disrespectful
    The kid caught the seatbelt in the door and kept slamming it till it shut
    Amazing

paulchua likes this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    yuck...crazy.

3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Back in 1988 I bought my wife a brand new Saab 900S. It was the exact car she wanted. I negotiated a very good price with the salesman.

The night we went to pick up the car and we were talking with the salesman. In walked a drop dead gorgeous blonde woman who was also picking up her new Saab. The salesman told her he would be with her as soon as he finished up with us. As she walked away he whispered to us that he was taking her out to dinner.

Obviously single any man would take this woman to dinner. Jokingly I said we bought a new car, where's our dinner? He replied, "She paid full pop!" :D

colombo2cam, 375+ and technom3 like this.
  4. NachoRunner601

NachoRunner601 Karting

Dec 30, 2019
    St. George, UT
    Full Name:
    James M Burkett
    Two stories, not sure if they’re funny but here ya go…

1) Called a Porsche dealer in east-central Texas (mid-April 2020) about a car on the lot, said I wanted to buy it and asked for a discount (I believe I asked for a 5% mark off). Dealership responded back and informed me “Porsche doesn’t cater to such drastic requests such as that, like Toyota or Chevrolet. Maybe I should consider another brand, as Porsche is not for everyone.”

- I ended up buying a 911 from Hennessy Porsche…great group of people at Hennessy.

2) Currently in search of a F430. I found one in the Houston area and called the local F-car dealership to inquire about a PPI. Service department said “we don’t do those here if we don’t sell the car” … “okay, well do you by chance have a recommendation for an independent shop” … his response “my recommendation is you only buy cars from Ferrari dealerships” lol

5. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I was at a car dealer several years ago in Las Vegas out on Decature with a friend. It was a Rolls dealorship but they had a very nice XKE that I was very interested in. We were dressed very casually, and no one there would even speak to us. So my friend says, I can get someone over here right away, he walks over to a white on white Rolls, opens the door and gets in. Salesman appears immediately, opens the door, helps my friend out of the car, and says ......may I help you with something. We had a good laugh out of that.

6. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    Went to a Chevy dealership quite a long time ago to trade in my 2 wheel drive Blazer. It was about 5 years old at the time and was thinking about getting a new one. Same place I had bought the my original. I looked around and only saw 4 wheel drive model's. I wanted a 2 wheel drive. I didn't like the handling of the 4 wheel model. I asked the salesman if I could order a 2 wheel drive model. He said Chevy never make a 2 wheel drive Blazer. I asked him are you sure about that? Claimed he knows his product and blah, blah. I said then you better come outside because there is one sitting in your parking lot!! I left without a new Blazer