Watches for sale by Modern Swiss | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Watches for sale by Modern Swiss

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by flat_plane_eddie, Oct 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Isn't the 5712 a nautilus, rather than an aquanaut?

2. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Wow. Just saw this thread!

I've asked Eddie in the past if I should leave a review or something on Ferrari chat for him and he always turned me down... But now that there is a thread... I'm going to insert myself. Lol.

I've done several deals with Eddie over the last probably 3 years and every single one has been awesome. The other great part is he truly is a car guy and is here because of his passion for cars. I'm glad he is now advertising here on Ferrari chat because it's always nice to know someone trust worthy when buying these watches. I've come so close to buying a few watches other places but just can't because I don't know who they are and if I am getting scammed. Eddie has been absolutely phenomenal and is a great guy to talk cars and watches with.

Highly recommend.

3. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    You had to put the "Hulk" up to tease me ... LOL

MDS

4. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Yes Nautilus! See this is what happens when you post late at night and in a hurry and your girlfriend keeps talking to you while you're trying to work. I do have a 5968G Aquanaut coming in as well and that should be posted soon.

5. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Thanks Justin, always appreciate you! By the way I haven't forgotten about the referral I want to send your way, just waiting for him to get back to me.

Haha you did get first dibs on it! I really do get the hesitance at these prices honestly but since I do this day in and day out I guess it's more normal for me to see them creeping up and get used to it. But if you blink and don't pay attention for a few months you'll definitely get sticker shock!

technom3 likes this.
  6. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Here's a few more to keep things going right before the holidays. This is the new Explorer II with a black dial, model 226570, which was introduced around April of this year. It retains a 42mm case but the movement is upgraded to the 3285 with a higher power reserve and better accuracy (similar to the Subs mentioned previously). Also similar to the new Sub, the lugs on the new Explorer II are thinner and the end links have been increased from 21mm to 22mm. Besides that, the visual differences are quite small and primarily the addition of the crown at 6 o'clock in between "Swiss" and "Made" to signify the new 32xx caliber movement. Also, the black dial 226570 got rid of the "floating hands" which the black dial 216570 had. You'll notice the hour and minute hands are all silver toned whereas the 216570 with a black dial had a small strip of black at the base of those hands.

Price is $13k and the Rolex warranty is good until late November 2026.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

bart12 and mdrums like this.
  7. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Next up the Day Date 40 in yellow gold with a champagne index dial, model 228238. This is Rolex' take on the classic 36mm "President" but with a 40mm case. In my opinion it's an improvement over the former Day Date II which was 41mm and a bit bulkier looking. The Day Date 40 has a slimmer and more elegant look to it which is what a Rolex President is all about. The price is $46k and the Rolex warranty is good until September 2026.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

technom3 likes this.
  8. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Here's the classic 36mm Day Date. This particular one has a dark gray diamond/baguette dial and is the 128238 model which features the upgraded 3255 caliber movement. Just like the previously mentioned Subs and Explorer II, the 3255 caliber bumps up the power reserve to about 70 hours and accuracy to -2/+2 seconds a day. The price is $41,500 and the Rolex warranty is good until November 2026.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    OK one more, this one isn't new but the meteorite dials have shot up in price/popularity lately all across the Rolex board (Day Dates, GMTs and Daytonas) so I figured it's worth posting. This is a 116509 Daytona from 2013 which features a meteorite dial, white gold case, bezel and Oyster bracelet. A few things make this one stand out. First, it's got a US card which spells out the dial. International warranty cards don't usually specify which dial the watch has since the space is left blank. This is important when it comes to watches with sought after dials since you know it hasn't been replaced and is factory original. Second of all, it's got an engraved rehaut/inner bezel and most posted currently are the older versions with no inner bezel engraving. The price is $75k and since the Rolex warranty is over I will include a 2 year warranty from my company.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

technom3 likes this.
  10. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    definitelysomeday and mdrums like this.
  11. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Fixed for ya.

Dave

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  12. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Thank you Dave! And to make up for that here's a picture of 2 Aquanauts. The left is a 2019 5167A (approx 40mm) and the right is a 2021 5968G (42mm). They just arrived so won't be posted for a few days so if anyone is interested reach out to me directly.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

technom3 likes this.
  13. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Eddie

I want them all . Amazing collection of watches hopefully in the new year I’ll hit you up for
    Something

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  14. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Thank you Craig, you know where to reach me when the time is right!

technom3 and calder1 like this.
  15. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Happy New Year everyone! Here's a couple more watches to get the new year started.

First off, the Omega Speedmaster Calibre 321 (model 311.30.40.30.01.001) also known as the "Ed White". This particular one is from November 2020 and is a 1 owner watch coming from a collection of over 20 watches. As you can see it's in very good condition since it didn't get much wrist time.

For those not aware, the calibre 321 movement was the first movement worn on the moon. This is a continuation of sorts by Omega and production is quite limited.

The price is $18,500 on a bank wire with shipping included.

Attached Files:

mdrums likes this.
  16. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Up next is a beautiful rose gold Patek Philippe Nautilus 7118/1R-001 with a silver dial. The 7118 features a 35mm case and the caliber 324 S C movement. The booklet, warranty/certificate papers and box are of course included. This watch was sold new in 2021 and as you can see it's in excellent condition. The Patek warranty is still valid until 2023.

The price is $84,000 on a bank wire with shipping included.

Attached Files:

pnorell and IloveGT like this.
  17. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Im not sure if ill get a black or polar.

18. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Before the ceramic Daytona came out, all the rage was for the black dials, now it's all about the white dials!

19. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    I dont really subscribe to the rage of the white dial daytona.
    But you have to wonder why people like the polar than the black? I like the black but i need to see the polar in person to decide.

20. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Market hype. The white is nice as it's not as common as black but they're both nice honestly. It's just a matter of personal taste ultimately.

mdrums and ronfrohock like this.
  21. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #71 Albert-LP, Jan 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    Thank you, Eddie: do the prices you published on Chrono24 site are the same for anyone who buys directly from you, skipping Chrono24? In any case it's almost impossible for an Italian like me to buy something in the USA, as we have tremendous import taxes that would even increase too much such already huge prices.

But thank you for showing all those watches, as they are spectacular to see.

Ciao

Edit: I just read all your opening post #1 and I already found some answers.

22. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Ciao Alberto,

I got your PM and will answer that shortly. Always best to contact me directly because then there are no Chrono24 fees. As far as Italy is concerned, yes the VAT adds up to quite a lot. I believe it's 20% for Italy.

Thanks,
    Eddie

23. speedyellow08

speedyellow08 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    Looking for a F.P.Journe L2 Havana dial. Please let me know if you come across one. I am very interested , at the same time not willing to spend exorbitant price over retail. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

24. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Unfortunately not possible at the moment as they're getting quite the premium.

25. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Hope everyone is doing well. I've been a bit absent as January was quite a busy month and am finally getting around to catching up on everything. As always, Chrono24 is the best place to see what I have but if you want something specific just message me directly. Here's a few things that just came in last week, I'll be listing them in the same order the pics will show up.

1) Unworn early 2021 Daytona 116500LN with the sought after white "Panda" dial. Includes box, booklets, hang tags and warranty card. Asking $50,000.
    2) New Explorer II 226570 with a white/polar dial. Includes box, booklets, hang tag, bezel protector and warranty card. Asking $15,250.
    3) New GMT-Master II 126711CHNR Root Beer. Includes box, booklets, hang tag, bezel protector and warranty card. Asking $31,500.
    4) New Submariner 126613LB. Includes box, booklets, hang tag, bezel protector and warranty card. Asking $23,000.
    5) New Sky-Dweller 326933 with a black dial and Jubilee bracelet. Includes box, booklets, hang tags and warranty card. Asking $27,000.
    6) New Sky-Dweller 326935 in rose gold with the sought after brown/chocolate dial. Includes box, booklets, hang tags and warranty card. Asking $77,000.
    7) New Daytona 116508 in yellow gold with a black dial. Includes box, booklets, hang tag and warranty card. Asking $88,000.
    8) New Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Flyback Chronograph 26238ST with a steel 42mm case and blue dial. This is a new 2021 release by AP which features an in-house movement and interchangeable strap system. Asking $69,000.

Attached Files: