F12 Audio Upgrade? | FerrariChat

F12 Audio Upgrade?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Eric360, Dec 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I have a 2013 F12 with the standard audio, not the upgraded factory one. It sounds horrible. Yes, yes, the engine sounds great! But sometimes I just need some decent music in the car. I'm not wanting a mega system with tons of amps and subwoofers... just want something reasonable. Gotta be stealth and stock looking. I want to just replace the stock speakers and add an amp. I know Focal speakers are very popular on F-cars. I'm thinking of getting a system from Scuderia Audio like the one he has here.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrari-f12-speaker-upgrade-system-from-scuderia-audio.652512/

Also thinking of a simple amp upgrade because without a good amp, the speakers won't be much improved.

They had this compact Mosconi one. https://scuderiaaudio.com/product/mosconi-pico-2-0-200-watt-amplifier/

Anyone do simple upgrades to their audio systems?? Curious to know what stuff you used and how difficult was the install?

Eric

2. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I might add that Mike from Scuderia is really nice and super knowledgable. I have problems buying a system from them, just wondering if anyone else has done a simple upgrade??

3. mrchaztsai

mrchaztsai Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2020
    Hong Kong/Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Charlie T
    Not with an F12, but I've had Mike's systems installed on both my 458 and FF now, and they've made an absolute world of difference. My installer has said both kits were very simple and straight-forward installs, no issues or trouble at all.

4. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I meant to say "I have NO problems buying a system from them".

5. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Mike knows what he is doing, and you'll be happy. Buy the higher end K2's as well.

6. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I just did!

7. Raj seth

Raj seth Karting

Sep 24, 2020
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Raj seth
    Eric - I have the jbl upgraded stereo - just horrible. Hard to believe the base version is worse. Really. A $20k 2014 civic is better. Love to hear how it goes…
    R

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Dubaicity likes this.
  8. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Raj - I'm curious how it sounds too! But from the response from other Ferrari owners who've installed a similar set up, they were extremely happy with the results. I'll probably tackle this possibly this weekend. So stay tuned....

9. Raj seth

Raj seth Karting

Sep 24, 2020
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Raj seth
    Hello… ever do this?

10. sunghyun7

sunghyun7 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2019
    raj, why do you think factory jbl is so bad?

11. Raj seth

Raj seth Karting

Sep 24, 2020
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Raj seth
    Seems rhetorical . Ok.

Because it sounds terrible:) so bad.

12. sunghyun7

sunghyun7 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2019
    lol. maybe the v12 hurt my hearing permanently. i think the factory f12 jbl audio sounds alright. i also need a good music in addition to the engine note for the full f12 experience.

13. Rabies

Rabies Karting

Apr 4, 2020
    UK
    I've had the following upgrades to mine:
    1) Replace the front (door) speakers with Morel Virtus 602
    2) Install Pioneer sub in the rear left enclave in the boot with custom surround
    3) Morel amp and cabling connecting the sub to the front speakers
    4) Leave the rear (behind the seats) speakers as they are (daft as it sounds)

The transformation is amazing - night and day. I can even hear a decent sound when I have the valves open on my Capristo system. I've also managed to compare it next to an F12 with the 'upgraded' JBL version and this is far superior than that (IMHO). The cost was £2,600 including fitting and custom enclosure which is significantly less than the OEM upgrade would have cost new (£3,552)

It was done by Auto Audio Installations in the UK - so probably not much help but gives you an idea. It only took 2.5 days.

Seleba likes this.
  14. Seleba

Seleba Rookie

May 27, 2022
    Full Name:
    Vlad
    hi dude! I have some problem! Could u help me?
    I change all speakers and bought amp audison apf 8.9.
    All sounds good! But I have a problem, volume don’t changes from Oem and steering wheels. How u fix it? Because their guys said , that I need to bought special DRC audison to change volume.

15. nguyennhatquang

nguyennhatquang Karting

Feb 13, 2016
    Hanoi
    Are there any plug and play amp uprage for the F12 ?
    i'm looking for it.. just don't want to rewire the car...

16. Rabies

Rabies Karting

Apr 4, 2020
    UK
    Work wasn't done by me but I can tell you that the volume controls on the pod and the steering wheel do work following the upgrade. That will mean that they have used some kind of harness to the existing controls.

17. mdarwin

mdarwin Rookie

Sep 10, 2021
    Hello. Picking up an old thread here, but wondering the same thing. Agree with stock system is terrible. I am going to reach out to Scuderia Audio as well, but would like a simple upgraded plug and play amp if possible.

18. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I did eventually install the speakers and amp. Wasn't quite as simple as I expected but it sounds 100X better. Mike from Scuddria audio is a good guy.

The original cloth covering the speaker grills lost some glue adhesion and would rattle when the deep bass was playing. We glued it back and all was fixed. We also added a DSP and it sounds great.

19. TestiRob

TestiRob Karting

Jul 31, 2011
    Western, MA
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hello Eric, FIRST thing FIRST, do your homework on the people/shop you choose to have the professional install done. It is not "simple" when dealing with any high-end manufacture, ever. The correct installer will be able to produce past installs in hi-end autos. This is a proper investment as is your F12.
    Safe and Sound audio in Chicopee, MA is A+ in home audio AND mobil audio doing the best in the area for a couple decades with impeccable customer service. Focal is very good (I have a set in my car as well) and to add something to your F12, I suggest the Hertz HP8 HiRes DSP unit to your build. I am an 25+ year 2 channel audiophile geek and am blown away on how this little unit makes you feel like center stage with imaging unheard of even with the MB Burmester system.
    Aaron at Safe and Sound can help answer any questions with your interest at "center stage".
    Good luck and please do your homework on who you choose to install, that is most important in your investment.
    RG