Time to up your agreed value.... | FerrariChat

Time to up your agreed value....

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by TJsBeer, Jan 3, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TJsBeer

TJsBeer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
    EastMemphis likes this.
  2. luca's308gts

luca's308gts Karting

Dec 16, 2016
    Minneapolis
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I saw that; given I already have mine -nice car & nice price.
    Be interesting to see if this brings out others.

3. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #3 NE550, Jan 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    Yup, this was an impressive result for an average higher-mile driver-quality 550 with not a ton of documentation. The seller did a nice job of cleaning it up for the auction, and it did present well.

The collector car market in general, and Ferraris in particular, are highly cyclical, and as we all know we're in a strong seller's market right now with prices up sharply since mid-2021 or so. If I were thinking of selling my 550 (and I am not, fwiw) now would be a good time to get it cleaned up and ready to put on the market. Might take several months or more to get it listed on BaT, for example. And that's if they would even accept it, which is not a given. The market could turn downward just as suddenly as it started its most recent upward climb, and nobody really knows when (or if) that might happen.

4. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'll do a standard write up on the BaT 575 F1-6MT conversion thread later today.

This one really surprised me but like Joe has been saying....its supply and demand....

NE550 likes this.
  5. OrmondStar

OrmondStar Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2019
    Lake Mary, FL
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I tried a few months ago to up stated value with State Farm but they said they needed an appraisal to do so. Any idea how I can go about doing so?

6. TJsBeer

TJsBeer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
    I use Hagerty. They have their own data and a good charting system in their "Valuation Tool" to help determine value.

7. TJsBeer

TJsBeer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
  8. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    WoW

Two years ago this was the asking price from an auth F dealer, for a documented queen.

Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  9. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    #9 root, Jan 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    On inflation adjusted bases the Maranello market is still lagging other period Ferraris and other makes as well. The 550 that sold yesterday went for half its inflation adjusted MSRP. Compare that to the 7k miles 328 that sold today for a little over $155k. It sold for $10k below its inflation adjusted original MSRP of $66k. Those in similar mileage and condition were going for around $90k a couple of years ago. A Maranello in similar condition would have to bring close to $350k to be in line with what the 328 brought relative to its inflation adjusted MSRP. I'm not even factoring in production numbers and other model specific parameters such as power, handling, build quality, etc. We're no where close to being in line with the market at this time.

10. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I guess it’s all funny money…..

It is fantastic there are enough people that don’t flinch paying $169k plus the $5k fee for that Maranello.

All I can say for sure is that I’m extremely grateful I have mine because if the market for these does NOT correct — then I never again would have been in a position to buy because I’m not wealthy and these “current” prices are “big boy” levels.

11. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #11 ralfabco, Jan 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    Most 'modern' early 1990 (+) production exotics follow the same pattern. An owner is probably doing well if the car has Webers. The new production cars with the F1 auto transmission and the video game dash will take a financial beating.

TJsBeer and Ferrari55whoa like this.