Max Verstappen | Page 106 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    furoni, armedferret, Picchu88 and 4 others like this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    So Max has 7 penalty points going into 2022 and the first of those penalty points doesn't expire till Sept. 2022. 5 more and it's a race ban.

3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Can you explain me that, please?

I wasn't aware that penalty points could be carried forward.

absostone likes this.
  4. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    They last for a year before expiring so they will be carried to the next season.
    Since Max got most at the last races they are still quite fresh and will last almost the entire 22 season.

If we get less Connelly as a steward Max will be fine. If not he is screwed..

stavura, jgonzalesm6 and absostone like this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Thanks for the explanation.

There should be a reset at the begining of each season, IMO.

jpalmito and RobertJRB like this.
  6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    How many points does Jesus 44 have?

7. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

absostone likes this.
  8. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Unscathed as usual.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  9. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Just watched the latest video on the F1 website that recaps the final race, and after seeing that and a few more highlights of 2021, it was a great year. Also, HAM lost the championship because he missed out on some key passes, got trapped behind various drivers throughout the year, despite having a car probably equal to Red Bull. I think his driving lost it more than tires, pit strategy, etc, so congrats to Max.

werewolf, fil and Bas like this.
  10. Wass85

Wass85 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Damon Smith
    Nothing to do with the team being terrible with strategy for the most part then.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  11. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    that's a part of it, but I'm thinking that in the last race for example, they didn't pit him for tires like Max got near the end, but on the other hand he'd lost X amount of time by taking so long to pass Perez also. Teams get the pit/tire strategy wrong all the time, but if the driver consistently doesn't make the pass on slower cars, that's the driver.

Bas likes this.
  12. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Even with all of the nonsense in the final race, the better driver over the course of the entire season won the championship. There were several opportunities where Hamilton and Mercedes failed to maximize their points, and that’s how they lost it. It actually reminds a bit of when Vettel threw it away a few years back, but nowhere near as bad. That was a complete implosion.

13. Wass85

Wass85 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Damon Smith
    He was bound to be super cautious against Perez, I mean the Mexican actually understands what it is to be a number 2 driver, it's a shame Bottas always waved Verstappen by.

gsfent likes this.
  14. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Max will go down in history as a Pawn in a fraud by the FIA to increase ratings on NetFlixs. The death of a sport, F1 is now a Reality TV show.

15. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Rubbish. Max is known to be a "phenomenon" in the motorsport circle since 2013.

dinges, trumpet77, RobertJRB and 5 others like this.
  16. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    dinges, stavura, idoomguy and 4 others like this.
  17. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Tell us about what lulu will be known for.

18. #2643 lorenzobandini, Jan 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    So far.....seven World Championships. (Oh, and 103 wins. ;))

Why do you ask? You didn't know? :p

william and surfwolf like this.
  19. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    The GOAT !!:D:D

20. I don't know about that. I save that honor for my avatar. :)

jpalmito likes this.
  21. #2646 lorenzobandini, Jan 15, 2022
    lorenzobandini, absostone replied to a thread you are watching at FerrariChat - The world's largest Ferrari community.

Max Verstappen

"Mark with parentheses said max would be known as a pawn in a fraud. I say poor lulu will go down as the eternal victim who endured all types of political crap that can’t be said here. Lulu fueling the fire with political **** is what is killing F1. Not if 60 cars or 5 were allowed to pass. Let’s talk about character next. Self centered ego driven entitled phony in front of the world every race on camera ,and on his radio to his team. The first to cry foul always. Some role model, foul language on his clothing, wearing chains with a lock around his neck. Snubs interviews at will. Changes out if his driving gear and wears shorts to interviews. What a martyr. His character is a fraud. inclusive diversify? Go get them mr Hamilton you been kneeling for twoyears,where are they? Oh your just fos. This is what he’ll be remembered for by many."
    - in my email notification of a new post.....where'd it go...??? :rolleyes:

Being the racing fan that I am, LH's foolishness (my opinion also) doesn't bother me. I'm just interested in the drivers, and the cars, capabilities on the track. I can, and do, care less about their other affairs. To walk around with such a pessinistic view, rather than just enjoying the sport (ignoring what "they" don't care for), is a shame..

Sometimes I think, actually, it's simply jealousy....."they're" fanatical fans of one team or driver (or more).
    I also feel sorry for those "many" if "they" have a deep seeded disdain.....manifesting itself in the rest of their lives' endeavours also, mayhaps?
    Either way, it's a shame, no? :( It's much better to be happy and smiling, than to be miserable and frowning.....psycho- and physio- logically. :)

22. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I Changed my mind and deleted it because i wasnt sure if it was P and R. So if it is P and R its you that posted it.

23. #2648 lorenzobandini, Jan 15, 2022
    Gotcha. I see your point, even though I didn't/don't see it as P&R myself......only pointing out you don't think his antics belong in the sport (I agree).
    If deemed so, I guess your right re: my posting it. I'll take the hit :( and carry on.....'won't kill me..... :)

absostone likes this.
  24. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Lets just wait and see.

25. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Bas likes this.