430 - Removing f430 carbon challenge rear grill | FerrariChat

430 Removing f430 carbon challenge rear grill

Discussion in '360/430' started by CoreyNJ, Jan 30, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    I just bought a nano polisher and was going to start buffing my rear carbon fiber grill and I realized I really should take it out before the spring, refinish it and then clear coated with UV protectant paint.

Does the bumper have to come off or is everything accessible from within the engine compartment?

Thanks,
    Cheers,
    Corey

2. Nicolò Sforza

Nicolò Sforza Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 6, 2018
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Nicolò Colombo
  3. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Thanks. I guess it’s a bigger project then I expected and may have to wait till fall then when the weather is good enough to work on the car outside. There isn’t a lot of room to work inside my garage when it’s full of cars for the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. matt_bear

matt_bear Formula Junior

May 23, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Matt
    nano polisher not small enough to polish it while attached to the car?

5. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    It's a 1" polisher so it can polish it, the issue is when I'm done I'd like to have it clear coated. All my exterior carbon is now clear coated except the rear challenge grill. I don't think that is happening on the car to do it properly. Taping off and spraying may be the way to do a Honda, but not a Ferrari. I want to have it professionally sprayed and baked.

6. Eric in Chicago

Eric in Chicago Karting

Jul 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I just had my oem engine panels stripped and re cleared. Amazing to see the difference. I now want to take the mirrors and rear challenge carbon off to do same. Skip the polish an go straight to strip and re clear Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Looks amazing.

8. matt_bear

matt_bear Formula Junior

May 23, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Esoteric has some youtube videos on polishing carbon fiber on Ferraris. Carbon fiber has clear out already. Patin correcting/polishing is the same procedure. Just put a sealant or ceramic coating on it after polishing.