812 Replacement Rumors | Page 31 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Wrong.
    Upon approaching their new Ferrari Instagram automatically posts a photo from the owner's account....... they don't even have to start a button.

Marcel Massini

2. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Looks like plug-in hybrid CO2 regulations will be much more difficult to accomplish starting CY2025...

https://europe.autonews.com/environmentemissions/eu-toughen-emissions-test-plug-hybrids-report-says

Full details will be part of Euro7 (currently expected to be formalized in April 2022).

Note, all Ferrari hybrids are plug-in...so, to me, will the 812 successor (V12/hybrid) actually occur remains unknown (despite rumors indicating it will occur) or if it does, will be priced exceptionally high and have limited production.

3. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    See my post on my Roma ownership in the Roma section. Day 1/ Hour 1 that car has been riddled with electronic glitches.

4. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Swiss friend of mine got a brand new Roma. Electronics collapsed on day 1.
    He was stuck in a dark Swiss tunnel at roush hour and everything was completely blocked. Extremely dangerous situation.
    Completely replaced after several visits to dealer.

Marcel Massini

babgh, snowboy458 and Doug23 like this.
  5. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Have had my Roma for over a year with no issues. I don't mind the new controls so I'm not anti tech but I wouldn't buy a hybrid or an electric vehicle at this point.

6. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Nothing to do with anti tech or not.
    It's about reliability or not. Quality or crap, etc.

Marcel Massini

Senad, babgh, Thomas S. and 8 others like this.
  7. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Understood but first year issues are the norm with many cars. Mine was one of the very first in the US and is just as representative of an example as the one you referenced. The technology of haptic controls has been with us a while and I think Ferrari did a pretty good job with their first swing. I don’t think it degrades the driving experience while I do think electrification does. Obviously just my personal opinion.

8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The supercapacitator idea is dead. Hybrid Lambos will have batteries.

9. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    What a driving experience, I've been looking for it for some time, but I can't find it !

snowboy458 likes this.
  10. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Maybe consider a GT4, GT3, TVR, Alpine, BAC Mono or Lotus Emira? I know I am.

11. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  12. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    ‍♂️ Wow

13. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    T33 so much nicer than T50. You can keep the added downforce. And it’s £1m less. Bargain!

Bas, Makuono and F2003-GA like this.
  14. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    There’s not the proper electric infrastructure either. Didn’t stop our government from proposing a ban on ICE in favour of EV in just over 10 years. UK currently uses/supplies about 60GW. Full EV fleet will require extra 18GW. Nuclear plant gives about 3.5GW and takes 30+ years to approve and bring on steam. Other than burning more coal, where is that extra going to come from?

Bas, babgh, Caeruleus11 and 4 others like this.
  15. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Nowhere, your allotment of EV charge will be assigned on a bi-annual basis, you will walk, bicycle and use public transportation, says so right here:

https://www.eea.europa.eu/highlights/walking-cycling-and-public-transport
    Shifting to walking, cycling and public transport will be crucial if Europe is to meet its long-term sustainability goals and policy objectives

16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Crazy

Bas, 350MH83, Caeruleus11 and 3 others like this.
  17. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Definitely lost any remaining hopes for the brand the second this new CEO started talking about the Metaverse and NFTs. Clearly a “bandwagon”. Advocating such nonsense in the current environment, when Ferrari is confronted with the biggest challenge in their entire history through the absurd yet shockingly real regulatory obstacles, speaks for itself. I have my doubts that Vigna will focus on more pressing topics which are essentially what are fueling all threads on here at this point in time. The case is clear: the guy is the furthest thing from being a passionate car guy and I’d bet that he never drove a V12 in his entire life...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

F2003-GA, Times, snowboy458 and 5 others like this.
  18. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    What a question !

Out from the plug socket.
    ;)

Stupid things happens here in Germany/Europe.

Daniel

19. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

Can’t wait to get my 812GTS. Will keep my 812SF, and my 458 Speciale, and my 488 Spider...
    And living in Southern USA I have no doubt I’ll be able to drive them until I just don’t care anymore...

Spider68, Times, babgh and 12 others like this.
  20. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Of course Vigna is not a passionate car guy, he is not even a car guy (without the "passion"). He is a tech guy that completely favors screens and batteries, Mark Z must be one of his idols. Vigna also is a slave of Elkann, who was the man behind that new fashion line......
    The world is changing, and not to the good.

Marcel Massini

C3-PO, TSOYBELIS, babgh and 10 others like this.
  21. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Receiving my TM GTS in the next 2-3 weeks. Let’s enjoy!

22. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Guys....We need to stop complaining. :D

Think about the possibilities! In the Metaverse, Ferrari will be able to keep producing the V12 - without particle filters or hybridisation, the manual gearbox will live on, and the car's dry weight will be the announced one!

23. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Eventually Ferrari will slide down the slippery slope to virtual cars only- they will exist only in the meta verse and we will drive them using 3D glasses as we sit on our thrones during mandatory lockdown number 600 for COVID variant number 365. Ferrari will charge absurd amounts for the privilege payable in cryptocurrency only but only after you purchased their beta version of the software first

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

24. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    May I ask how long the TM build took?

My TM GTS just went red. I’m guessing 9 months all in?

Sorry OT.

ScottS

25. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Bit tricky to answer... Have submitted order in November of 2019. Would have received car in April of 2021. So approx. 17 month waiting time.

During this time however, decided to add some specials which forced me to go through TM which added another 10 months to the waiting time... With Covid etc. did not mind to wait and now will receive one of the last ones... So somewhat a special case but to answer your question I waited 2.3 years to be exact.

italiafan and Thecadster like this.