FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2021 - Yas Marina - RACE.. ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 56 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2021 - Yas Marina - RACE.. ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Dec 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Thanks for the correction. I need to speak with my synapses. I think one thing and type something different.

SS454 likes this.
  2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    48.12 ANY cars that have been lapped by the leader WILL be required to...etc etc ...

So in this context it does also mean all of them .... which messy Masi also clarified in Eifel 2020.So its the inconsistency in application or overriding of the rules that is the problem .

Its nothing to do with Max or Lewis. Masi decided the WDC with his actions .

ricksb, ben73, ktu and 1 other person like this.
  3. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    Completely accurate!!!!

Jakuzzi and ben73 like this.
  4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Anyone know who is the Clerk of the course in Abu Dhabi ? he keeping a low profile ....

5. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Not sure which race you guys were watching but I saw 33 pass. 44for a WDC win.

6. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    absostone likes this.
  7. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I was late catching this race due to other obligations, but watched it this morning and WOW, what a Legendary end to a Legendary season!!

:eek:

Max has been my hero for years now. The circumstances of this race aren't the way I wanted him to win, but a win is a win. He fought like a Champion all year to have the points to put him in this position, and the team took advantage of two safety cars to change tires, and critically to change to softs for the final lunge. That's racing. Max had terrible luck and was even cheated earlier in the season, and I think Sir Princess Lulu should have been penalized for his actions on Lap 1 anyway.

Regardless, congratulations to the first Dutchman Formula One World Champion, Maximus Verstappen!!!

:D

furoni, stavura, Jakuzzi and 3 others like this.
  8. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I must say, I haven't felt emotional about a driver's championship result since the days of Schuey at Ferrari.

I felt emotion watching Max on the podium and talking to his old man Jos. I am genuinely proud of Max and Christian and the team. Well done ALL YEAR boys! :D

Bas, RobertJRB, Jakuzzi and 2 others like this.
  9. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Season finale in AbuDhabi was huge with 108.7m viewers, +29% higher than the same race in 2020
    & the highest viewing figures for a race during the season.

The cumulative #TV audience for 2021 was 1.55bn, up +4% from the 2020 season.

In 2021, followers (across FB, TW, IG, YT, Tiktok, Snapchat, Twitch and Chinese social platforms) were up 40% to 49.1m, video views up 50% to 7bn and total engagement up 74% to 1.5bn.

crinoid likes this.
  10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yap, everyone wanted to see a worthy world champion at last....now we have one!

steved033 likes this.
  11. Mosin

Mosin Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Sorry, but given it was handed to him by masi who broke the rules, he isnt a worthy champion.. Just a fake one, real champions dont need the race directors help...

2021, for ever tainted...

Rise sir LH 8th world champ!¡¦|;] . Na that makes me cringe...

Lets just agree that we have no 2021 champion

12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Sorry, i only saw him win 6 and even so, they had to boycott all his team mates in order for him to achieve it....real champions don't win races arriving in second...i guess elton wanted another Canada 2019! That's how worthy his championships are

Bas likes this.
  13. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
  14. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Oh come on... Hamilton was let down by his own team. Not Masi. He had zero chance with those tires. Zero. Masi may have messed up..but there was ZERO excuse for Hamilton to still be on that set of rubber at the end of the race. BENZ really crapped the bed..

werewolf and Bas like this.
  15. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Lewis runs the strategy while MB only makes recommendations, remember? He routinely ignores or overrides their instructions, and the fanboys insist it's part of his greatness. All he had to do was pull into pit lane and he'd have had the tires he desired. Sometimes you get the bull, and sometimes you get the horns. Live with it.

16. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Hamilton asked numerous times about a tire change. His team told him to stay out. Hamilton was noticeably upset about these decisions through out the race..he was expressing confusion why Redbull got another set of tires while he was still running the same set..he got screwed by his team.

werewolf and JJ like this.
  17. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    #1392 JJ, Feb 17, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    How many times has he ignored his team's suggestions and taken credit for the outcome? Can't have it both ways.

furoni likes this.
  18. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Had Masi, the race director, observed the safety car protocol to the letter, Mercedes strategy was right since the race would have ended under yellow flag, in view of the number of laps left.

It's Masi precipitating the events by ONLY allowing 5 cars to unlap themselves, and then calling in the safety car BEFORE it was due, that completely changed the scenery, and obviously put Hamilton as a disadvantage.

19. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Masi blew it by not calling the Red flag when Latifi went into the wall. Previous race pretty much same accident..was red flagged. The race should have restarted and Hamilton would have had a fresh set of rubber. That is where the mistake was made by Masi. Benz had plenty of opportunities to pull hamiltion in..they did not. Last lap controversy was about the race..not about trying to screw Hamilton.

JJ likes this.
  21. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    That is an absolutely respectable and fair opinion, stated well.

tbakowsky likes this.
  22. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    You 2 are aware that many races were won without pitting right?
    Now stop whining about Verstappen being handed the championship.

23. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    U R aware that pitting is mandatory, right?

24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, there was an opportunity to have a red flag, not because of the gravity of the accident which was minor, but because there was no certainty that the 5 laps left were enough to trigger a safety car period and resume the race in orderly fashion.

Masi chose instead to to have a safety car period, and then accelerated the protocol to still finish the race under green. Masi became under pressure from team managers. that was his mistake. The rules were not respected, and that created a complely different scenario, which couldn't have been predicted.

That's why Masi was on trial, and it seems his future has been decided.

ktu likes this.
  25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    But only one stop is mandatoty, which all the teams had already executed

ktu likes this.