2013 California key fob range | FerrariChat

2013 California key fob range

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Stano, Mar 14, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stano

Stano Rookie

Jan 12, 2022
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Stan Sarnowski
    Hi all. Is anyone else really disappointed about the key fob range on their Cali? I literally have to be standing next to the car doors. Won’t even work if I’m at the trunk. I read that the antenna could be buried. Any fixes? Anyone know the location on the fob antenna within the car? I keep it on the tender and changed the remote batteries. Nada.

2. davidtopp

davidtopp Karting

Jun 7, 2019
    UAE
    Full Name:
    David Topp
    Same for mine (also 2013) since new. I assumed it is a safety feature so it can't be cloned from a distance

3. Stano

Stano Rookie

Jan 12, 2022
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Stan Sarnowski
    Thanks for reply, David. Would be interesting if that was the approach, never considered that.

You’ve had yours since new in 2013??? That’s great! How’s it been? I just got mine a few months ago..

4. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    My Portofino is keyless,so the fob is always transmitting and slowly running down the fob battery. The batteries are rated at 3.0v and measure 3.3v when new. With a new battery,the fob works at 10-15 yards. At 3.0v (which took about two years to reach),the fob is much less effective.So make sure you have a full-strength fob battery.

5. bb2thdr

bb2thdr Karting

Dec 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Bialik
    MY Cali T is the same way as yours. I need to be close. It is probably a safety issue and also a decrease battery drain on the car.

6. davidtopp

davidtopp Karting

Jun 7, 2019
    UAE
    Full Name:
    David Topp
    All the usual niggles, battery every 2 1/2 years, leather coming unstuck from just about everywhere, sticky buttons, but no major mechanicals.

Bill Phillips likes this.
  7. Bill Phillips

Bill Phillips Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I changed the ‘button’ battery in mine (also 2013) and it’s better now. Not great, but no problem within six feet or so from any direction.