Computer/Internet help (Again!) | FerrariChat

Computer/Internet help (Again!)

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SefacHotRodder, Mar 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Annoying problem that probably has a simple way to solve it.

My internet, whenever i am not literaly on it stops responding (if i am downloading something, they freeze). To prove this i go on the turner motorsport site that has a webcam and the page automatically updates every 5 mins. I scroll down and go off and if the page isn't at the top when i get back (it goes to the top when a page refreshes) i know it doesn;t work.

Its really annoying cause i can't download anything, i'm talking about ANY file size and if i'm not literaly surfing pages when its downloading it freezes. I had a 1.7 meg file freeze on me yesterday. I have dsl and its going through a linksys wireless router (i'm wired tho)

any help is appreciated

Cheers

Chris

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    need more data.

type of computer
    operating system?
    browser (and version)?
    type of internet connection, through whom?

etc.

doody

3. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    computer - pc (is that what you meant? or brand? the brand is compaq, but a lot of the original stuff has been replaced)

os - xp home

browser - ie 6.0.2

dsl - jack flash. Speedstream 5200 modem going through a linksys BEFw11S4 wireless router and then wired to my e-net card.

Hope that helps.