Mont Tremblant FCA 2022 | FerrariChat

Mont Tremblant FCA 2022

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Jorligan, Jan 6, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jorligan

Jorligan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    Dexter, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I am planning on attending the 2022 event at Mont Tremblant in July. I would like to do the track even but online, I only see videos of dedicated race cars and I was planning on tracking my 458. Will I be completely out of place?

Wikdstrate and Texas Forever like this.
  2. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I think you will have a great time

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Texas Forever likes this.
  3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Typically we will get a very few race cars. The vast majority will be street cars.

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    What are the dates? If you never been to Mt Tremblant, go! It is worth the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    marioz, of2worlds and Texas Forever like this.
  6. Jorligan

Jorligan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    Dexter, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I don't know, my car isn't red..... Thanks to all for the information. Getting my vacation requests sorted away and checking with CA customs as I will be transporting my car myself vs driving it 500 miles. Been to Tremblant many times in the winter, it should be equally phenomenal in the summer.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    One of my favorite tracks!

If you plan on tracking near the limit of your car...bring extra brake pads...lots and lots of brake pads.

I went through an entire set of OEM pads (front) on my Scud...in one morning!! I was driving the snot out of it on Hoosier R7's though.

You will absolutely love this track!

Manda racing and Texas Forever like this.
  8. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Is Canada letting people in yet?

9. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Last I heard it was still very restrictive. I have already heard from a few that its a deal breaker for them

Glad you and I live in a free state.

10. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Unfortunately FCA events held in Canada traditionally get thin US turnouts. Even with a totally free border Americans get queasy about crossing it for reasons that make no sense whatsoever. Add in Covid restrictions and it is a pneumatic nail gun to the coffin. If something does not change pretty quickly the FCA National in Tremblant will become essentially a Canada only affair and there is just not the volume of cars and people to make it a success. I certainly hope to be wrong but you also need to be realistic of the challenges the event faces. Nobody could have imagined that by 2022 we'd still be in this mess and holding the FCA in Canada this year is still at least a year too soon for anything approaching a well attended event. I really feel bad for the organizers and the challenges this gives them.

Texas Forever and of2worlds like this.
  11. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #11 Rifledriver, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    I attended the event the last time it was in Canada and as I recall there were quite a few Americans.

No sense????? What are you smoking?

3 words why so few are coming. Canadian Customs Requirements. We were putting together a group from Texas. As soon as the trucking company got word we were crossing the border the price went to the moon for all the hassles they would experience. Then there were the customs bonds for the cars. Some of us were quoted six figure bonds to bring used collector cars across with no commitment on the length of time to get them refunded once we left Canada. Our TR was high 5 figures. At that point no one had an interest. Totally free my butt.

You government is what is giving you a low turn out. No one else. We are supposed to come. My other half is integral to making the event happen but we will fly and leave the cars at home assuming the restrictions don't get too stupid.

12. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I don't know if this is the latest.

Who can go
    Citizens and permanent residents are allowed to enter Canada, but if unvaccinated they must self-quarantine for 14 days.

Vaccinated international travelers are allowed to enter as of September 7. Accepted Covid-19 vaccines in Canada are: Pfizer-BioNTech; Moderna; AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD; Janssen/Johnson & Johnson; Sinopharm; Sinovac; and COVAXIN, matching the World Health Organization (WHO) Emergency Use Listing (EUL).
    "Foreign nationals who are not fully vaccinated will continue to be required to meet an exemption or be traveling for a non-discretionary purpose," says the Government of Canada website.

A few conditions still apply for all travelers. People older than five flying into Canada are required to provide written or electronic documentation showing they received a negative result from a Covid-19 PCR or RT-LAMP test conducted within 72 hours before their scheduled boarding.
    As for travelers arriving by land, all visitors -- with some exceptions -- are also required to provide proof of a negative Covid-19 molecular test result taken in the United States within 72 hours of pre-arrival, or a positive test taken 14 to 90 days before arrival.

13. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I drove a plain Jane 996 Porsche up to Mt. Temblant in 2005. It took a long time to clear the border. It took ever longer to clear the border coming back to the states.

Maybe the US Customs people were listening to Smugglers Blues. Fast forward to the end.

14. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

Makes being a Subject less and less appealing.

15. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    A smuggler I knew in my misspent youth used to play that all the time. He used to say whoever wrote it knew the business.

I have never once spent more than about 28 seconds getting back in. When they ask how I doing I tell them "It's great to be back in the USA " They give me back my passport and I'm out of there.

Maybe you should quit wearing your Che Guevara shirt.

16. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Maybe I should also get rid of the Lambo coke spoon around my neck.

Rifledriver likes this.
  17. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    Huh.

I've taken my old 911 up there a couple times over the years, a few years back for PCA track days at Tremblant - both coming and going each time was a cursory check of my passport and DL, no big deal. Crossed from NH. Had sort of planned on driving the 355 up there for the national (haven't booked it yet), and expected the same sort of crossing experience. Anything specific I should know or do? I'd hate to get stuck somehow (as would anybody) but it'd be a real PITA with my work schedule. FWIW I do have my vax card.

Thoughts?

18. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I'm guessing part of my problem is I re-entered at a slow station south of Ottawa. They probably don't get many Porsches there.

One funny story. On the way in, the gal said, "Texas, huh?" "I betcha you keep a shotgun under your bed." I said, "Sure do. Wanna come down and check it out?" I found a universal truth most Canadians don't have a sense of humor.

You probably already know this. But the Mounties don't have a sense of humor about speed limits, and they don't like radar detectors.

Manda racing and audi_328 like this.
  19. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    I did Corso Pilota the last year they did it at Mont Tremblant. It's a fantastic track and the village of Mont Tremblant is wonderful. The track is very technical with some really fun elevation changes and great scenery. Don't think I will be able to make it this year, but would love to get back there for more track time.

20. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I booked a room at the older hotel near the track but i haven’t signed up yet.

21. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    I have booked a room and planning on bringing our F430 challenge, if its running

22. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    We are getting great response for this event so I would not wait too long to register. We had a Covid restriction of 350 but that has been lifted & are over 500 now.

23. PETER@TEAM AI

PETER@TEAM AI Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I spent time last week talking to Canadian DMV and then Customs and Border directly. And also finding transportation for some Carolina cars to/from the event.

I am trailing my 430 Challenge car so there is no bond and no documentation to be completed in advance. It is not a DMV matter since the car will be in and out. We do deal with DMV often when we purchase cars for import from Canada to stay in the US. They directed me to Customs and Border. Customs and Border also said I do not need any special paperwork to bring it in/take it back out but I am going to bring proof of ownership. They did say I need to complete ArriveCAN application and show proof of vaccination (yes I am vaccinated). No negative test requires AT THIS TIME. So in a scenario where you are driving and trailering your personal car there is no docs required nor bonds. This is not true if a third party is moving them

In looking for transportation I found TFX International. They are a major transporter, Canadian company, of car across the border. They were already aware of the event when I mentioned it as they have several trucks already booked. For the Carolina cars we were quoted $5400 the 7% fuel surcharge. That was all in and they did all the paperwork. Pick up in NC/SC. Deliver to the FCA storage location designated and will pick up from that same location after the event is completed.

All this may change but this was last weeks update.

of2worlds likes this.
  24. PETER@TEAM AI

PETER@TEAM AI Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    To Mario's point the event is full and has a waitlist but people are cancelling for various reasons allowing others in.