The Purosangue Thread | Page 115 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David su

David su Rookie

May 5, 2018
    Full Name:
    David su
    My dealer told me it has V12. Anyone know about that??

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I think you'll find quite a few of the previous 2850 posts in this thread (plus all the others) mention the engine

Senad, ANOpax and 350MH83 like this.
  3. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    It doesn’t look like a corvette ?
    Like all new Ferrari people don't like it at the start, before having 3 years of waiting to have one

4. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Although one is an Italian FUV and the other is a Japanese racing car, if we swapped the fronts between them we wouldn't notice a big difference.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

gt_lusso likes this.
  5. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    What information is known about this purosangue now ?

6. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    #2856 gt_lusso, Mar 24, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
    Short summary of what we know so far:

It will first be delivered as a hyper exclusive V12 for their most beloved customers, and later on as a hybrid V6 for the peasants. There will eventually be a fully electric version to be sold as an alternative to the hybrid V6. For the ones who truly care about the environment.

Someone mentioned one thousand (1000!!!!) V12s in total. Not sure if this is true, but it would not surprise me if it is.

The SUV will have rear hinged doors for the passengers in the back. Coach doors, like Rolls Royce.

Price wise, some users in this thread has said it will start at north of 450.000 euros. But this is just speculation, and not confirmed. What all the sources has in common though, is that the car will be higher priced than any four seater from Maranello ever.

Other than that, the interior is expected to be highly influenced by Ferraris latest design language. Lots of screens, electronics and haptic feedback on the steering wheel. It will with out doubt, be cutting edge.

There is, as seen on the leaked photos, an aerobridge similar to Ferrari F12. We know so far, that the aerodynamics of this car will be no less engineered than other F-cars from Maranello.

And one last thing: this is an SUV developed and designed in Maranello from ground up. Do not expect it to share anything with an already existing car/platform.

perrinnation, tomc, sailfly and 6 others like this.
  7. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    In my head making only 1000 units of the V12 does not really make financial sense unless the markup is enormous. Quite a different task packaging a V12 and V6, and the development cost must be huge if there are only 1000 V12.

JTSE30 likes this.
  8. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Right. Unlike an IC engine that doesn't need petrol constantly.

junc likes this.
  9. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    I believe it's pure marketing strategy. It's a short term strategy that will create hype and convince customers that this is a true Ferrari. Just look at the name/code name for the SUV. Purosangue. Pure blood. Haha. Makes me giggle. It's the V6 that will make them money. And if the V12-version can inspire more people to sign a contract for the V6, it's well worth it even if the V12-version don't add up financially.

350MH83 likes this.
  10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Magnus Kanerfalk and gt_lusso like this.
  11. 1881

1881 Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    does anybody know if they anticipated the pre-views/ release given the leaks...think it's highly unusual that they tease the car in so much detail...usually it's just some elements if any or some graphics ...but given the leak looks like they just went all in...just wonder if they think it makes sense to officially announce the car now rather sooner than later

Garretto likes this.
  12. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    This was a very well thought out, helpful to everyone and skillfully crafted post. Thank you and Bravo!

tomc and MisterMaranello like this.
  13. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    Does anyone know if they are making the V12 PS on the current existing V12 production line or is there a dedicated new production facility for the PS?

Because the answer to that question will help us gauge roughly how many V12 PS they can fit into their production of other V12 vehicles.

I doubt they are going to limited number this car but it may have a limited time production run like the Pista Spider and then there could very well be limited capacity to produce much more than a 1,000 or so V12 PS in addition to the other V12 cars in the production queue.

14. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I've been wondering about the same. Anything could be.

15. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Because the V12s are hand assembled, they have only so many employees who can perform this assembly and that number is not easy to expand. It does not matter where these persons are located, it would have zero impact on overall production of V12s... the PS V12 production will have to be embedded in all other V12 production...

Now, the actual vehicle assembly line can be anywhere, and probably will be dedicated somewhere especially once other engines (V6TurboHybrid for instance) are produced.

Currently somewhere near 4000 V12s are the queue for production (remaining 812GTS, 812c, 812cA, SP3, not including eventual new hypercar), and the maximum factory annual V12 production is near 2200...so the V12 PS production will have to share for the next 2 years or so...(last year about 1780 V12s engines were produced, estimated from annual report page 52)

16. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I don't expect the V12 to be limited to 1,000 units but I think it's reasonable to assume the number of years of it being offered as a pure ICE (or 48V mild hybrid) will be short. It will probably be replaced by a full hybrid system as regulations tighten up. As with the 812, the earlier (non OPF) cars will be most desirable.

Forza Scuderia likes this.
  17. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    We all know that the SUV has no history, no legitimacy in the Ferrari range.
    There may be a demand, but in that case, let's produce Fiat 500s badged Ferrari, because there is probably a demand too, right!?
    Where does the "EXPLOITATION" of the badge stop ???
    Diluting the soul of the brand will not serve them over time.

kandi, pk328, TOOLFAN and 5 others like this.
  18. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Limiting the V12 to 1000 units...seriously, there was never any question of that !

19. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    You are very welcome, and thank you.
    You also asked if anyone knows if the V12 PS will be produced on a new production line; I think JTSE30 has a good answer to that.

20. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    100% because of the leaks. The leaked photos brought them down to their knees, and it's very obvious that they have changed their plan for its reveal. Ferrari has never before revealed so much details of an upcoming vehicle several months before launch.

MisterMaranello and JTSE30 like this.
  21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Same platform as the Roma, as far as we know.

22. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    I was not aware of that. Thank you.

REALZEUS likes this.
  23. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    You're aware of the Fiat 500 Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari correct?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I'm too old to understand this thing.

It will produce a lot of money, but Enzo wouldn't be happy.

Ciao

Garretto, Senad, gt_lusso and 2 others like this.
  25. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    There is nothing wrong with this new SUV except it shouldn't have any Ferrari badges fixed to it. They should instead have created another new brand like Toyota did with Lexus in reverse.

tomc likes this.