BB512 headroom vs 512 TR | FerrariChat

BB512 headroom vs 512 TR

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by dinos, Apr 8, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dinos

dinos Karting

Jan 6, 2013
    Athens - Greece
    Full Name:
    Dinos
    Hello to all,
    I never had a chance to sit inside a BB512I.
    How the headroom and general cabin space compares to 512 TR or to the 328 GTS ( with the targa top installed ! ) ?
    Thanks,
    Dinos

2. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    512TR has more room than a boxer. You sit higher in a boxer if the seats aren't dead and a 308 / 328 has more room than a boxer as well.

dinos likes this.
  3. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

The headroom margin in a BBI is so tight that the thickness of the shoes that I wear determines if my head hits the headliner or not. I’m 6’4”, so thin soled driving shoes are the only way to go for me. As Paul mentioned, I don’t think that the space is significantly different than a 308, it’s just that the seats are thicker so you sit higher.

dinos likes this.
  4. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i own both.
    the headroom in the 512tr is greater.

ag512bbi and dinos like this.
  5. dinos

dinos Karting

Jan 6, 2013
    Athens - Greece
    Full Name:
    Dinos
    Thank you for all the replies.
    Now its very clear to me... that before buying a boxer, I must sit in one lol
    When I was in the market to buy my TR512, I sat first in a black interior car that made me feel uncomfortable ! and decided not to buy TR512 ! ( Even thought that I was dreaming for a TR for a long time ).
    Soon after that, a friend of mine told me that I should try a tan interior TR512.
    When I sat in the tan interior TR512 I felt more comfortable and ended up buying the car !
    Thank you all !

6. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

On my 84 BBi you can actually lower the seat in the front. The rails have two positions you can bolt them to the seat frame.

dinos likes this.
  7. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Really, I wonder if mine is the same, 82 BBI?

dinos likes this.
  8. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Yes you can lower the front of the seat a little bit if it has the two bolt holes but it only lowers the leg bolster, does nothing for headroom.

dinos likes this.