Engine out, need advice | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Engine out, need advice

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by kartboy1234, Apr 12, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    No you're just being a ******* again.

lagunacc likes this.
  2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Its just harder and slower and bad advice. Funny, I have seen many your height using lifts.

3. peteficarra

peteficarra Karting

Jun 22, 2010
    ontario
    Full Name:
    peter j ficarra
    BS
    I do not agree, those hoses are on those gas lines for years and taking the clamp off and twisting on a flimsy aluminum nipple is stupid. I'll bet if you break one in a service you just charge the Customer for it no doubt. As far as standing under a lift at 6'4" try standing under a lift on a chair at your 5 foot something and see how you like it. Have a nice day Mr. personality. not

4. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Lol what war has my thread started.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

5. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le

He did not say to yank on it at the tank. He said to remove it at the other end of the hose, which slides on to a steel pipe at the engine just below the intake manifold forward edge.

When the engine is out and you want to replace that entire hose, then slit it at the nipple end and slide it off.

6. peteficarra

peteficarra Karting

Jun 22, 2010
    ontario
    Full Name:
    peter j ficarra
    I am talking about standing in the engine compartment and replacing the gas lines that run from the tank which on mine were dry and old and had never been replaced. They were dry and checked and pulling on them would be a disaster. BBdriver proves who he is every time he opens his mouth and I am sick of him bad mouthing people on this Forum. No one asked for his comments and trust me I could not care less what a person like that thinks.

7. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew

It is unfortunate that community feedback was not effective with Brian in this instance, although your efforts are appreciated @turbo-joe.

@Rifledriver, we've been here before. While your knowledge of Ferrari servicing is seldom matched even among other technicians, that gives you no justification to be personally abusive towards those who disagree with you on technique or towards those who implore you to behave more like a gentleman.

3-day ban applied.

All the best,
    Andrew.

turbo-joe likes this.
  8. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    a 3 day ban brian not cares about, he often is not even all 3 days here writing.

9. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hey Michael,
    If this was a few months out I'd help. I am just in the stages of finishing a house and moving at the same time.

I have an engine cart that I made from Vincenzo's thread and some tools I bought just for this job. You can borrow these if you'd like.

10. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    I can't agree more. I'm not sure why someone would log onto this forum only to insult and berate the participants. I think Brian needs to understand that we all are human (including him) and we all do things differently, and we all make mistakes (including him). But there is no need to just come on here and feed negative input to the thread, and I don't want to come off as being too soft (I have extremely thick skin) but I think these forums are here to help each other out and share knowledge for the sake of keeping our cars in good repair. ALL input should be cast in a positive manner, if not just don't respond. :)