We have an Ace | Page 14 | FerrariChat

We have an Ace

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by ralfabco, Feb 25, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    I'm afraid it will all be too little, too late. Reality is Putin and the huge Russian military will not be stopped. Slowed down? yes. Heavy losses? yes. >>> Stopped ? NO
    The fight is right next to the Russian border/supply lines. Russia will bomb the cities to dust like we have seen.

Russia will pay a massive, generational economic price.

2. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    #328 spicedriver, Apr 20, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
    Disagree. Russia has already tried multiple offenses in the east now with no results. Russia has still been unable to take control of Mariupol. The Ukrainian military has been able to counter all of the offenses. Russia simply lacks the forces after their defeat in the Battle of Kiev. Russia has still not gained air superiority. Russian aircraft have to fly low to avoid S-300 systems, and this opens them up to MANPADS. The only truly effective weapons Russia has is the precision guided missiles, which are likely running low on supply. Most of these were wasted attacking civilian areas with no tactical value. Ukraine continues to pick off Russian heavy weapons with drone guided artillery, and MANPADS. Russia will be unable to sustain these losses, and will be forced to withdraw. Russia will withdraw and declare victory.

Flavio_C and donv like this.
  3. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I hope you are correct!

In the beggining I was not believing on the official Ukranian count of Russians KIAs, but after having a look at that website that documents the equipment losses with photos, you can multiply it by the average number of ocupants and accompaning troops, and I now do believe that more than 20k Russian soldiers are dead!

My biggest concern is that Putin might get desperate with so much humilition and decides to launch tatical nuclear weapons on Ukraine.

Also the guys from the Azov regiment are hiding at the Azovstal with no food and sufficient ammunition, and the Russians will not capture them but will kill them all. :(

4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    exactly. and how do you respond to that without starting WWIII? :confused: ... reason with the madmen that decided to use them in the first place? escalation leading to MAD ? :eek:

5. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
  6. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    And we're fed up with you not getting the message and respecting the rules that have been explained multiple times to you in F1 and here. There is a 410 page, 11,000 post thread in P&R discussing the Ukraine War in exactly the way you want to discuss it. But you can't be bothered to understand how to get to that thread.

Putin's humiliation and discussion of the Azov battalion have to do with geopolitics and not planes, missiles, air defense, etc, etc, which is the ONLY reason that these aspects of the Ukraine war should be discussed here.

Permanent ban.

7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I got kicked off your 4100 page, 11,000 post thread in P&R because a partisan moderator didn't like what I posted, even though what I posted was well within the rules.

You have new moderators. I get it. But they need to understand something. It is we the members are the ones that create the content that makes FerrariChat money. FerrariChat is not a publishing company. FerrariChat does not create any content. We, the great unwashed, are FerrariChat. Not the moderators.

8. DBomb117

DBomb117 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2019
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Dimitriy
    I think I read somewhere that Boris Johnson stated that the UK reserves the right to respond unilaterally without consulting NATO if Russia utilized nuclear weapons.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Your beef is with wrxmike, not me. Go talk to him. If he doesn't give you satisfaction, then escalate to Rob.

On the other hand, your refusal to let things go and converting that into stalking (if your beef is with a person) or littering unrelated threads with your repetitive complaints (such as the Jack-the-Lad thread and this one) has led to very clearly stated warnings and bans in the past. I strongly suggest you stop this and go about your complaint differently.

10. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Already did. No response.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
  12. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    20,000 dead, and likely 60,000 wounded. That's about 1/2 of the original invasion force.

There is video of Nuclear bombers flying over western Russia recently, but I believe this is just tactics.

Prevailing easterly winds would likely spread the fallout over Russia. Also, if the actual goal is to annex territory, you wouldn't want that territory to be radioactive for the next 1,000 years.

Helter skelter in a summer swelter, the birds flew off with a fallout shelter
    Eight miles high and falling fast

BJK likes this.
  13. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Drone footage of Russian artillery battery under attack from Ukrainian forces.

BJK likes this.
  14. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Russian Air Force video released recently.

BJK likes this.
  15. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    If the Ukrainians can shoot down just one of those Blackjack bombers (the type circled), that will put a real crimp in Putin's style!

16. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
  17. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
  18. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
  19. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Must Watch Russian Missile Fails

20. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Ukrainian forces using drones to direct artillery fire.

21. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    spicedriver likes this.
  22. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    ralfabco likes this.
  23. sigar