F8S - Childhood Dream / Sneak Peek | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8S - Childhood Dream / Sneak Peek

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by harrish1985, Apr 24, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    Haha not the dealer that was me. It’s a new carbon plate license plate frame.

interior is crema and Nero

xBox likes this.
  2. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    All good in that case - enjoy the last days of waiting!!

harrish1985 likes this.
  3. srtullio

srtullio Karting

Mar 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I’ve been waiting for this thread and am blown away by your amazing spec. Congratulations and enjoy it in the best health!

harrish1985 likes this.
  4. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    Many more high quality pics coming in the next 48 - 72 hours. Stay tuned!

Did you know that with the key fob you can lower the windows with the unlock button? Also, the Ferrari infotainment now shows text messages! Lastly, with the actual key in the key hole you can close and open the convertible top!!! WOW!

Chizz and FormulaRossa20 like this.
  5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Congratulations !!!! Great car and enjoy her !!!!

harrish1985 likes this.
  6. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Congratulations, really stunning color combination.

harrish1985 likes this.
  7. Kevin Oakleaf

Kevin Oakleaf Rookie

Jul 3, 2020
    Beautiful - can only imagine the goose bumps hearing it for the first time....

Chizz and harrish1985 like this.
  8. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    Barring no more delays with PPF / Ceramic and skid plates picking it up tomorrow AM.

Chizz likes this.
  9. DETAILMD

DETAILMD Rookie

Apr 22, 2021
    billings, MT
    Full Name:
    STEVEN KUCHURIS
    Congrats on working hard, sacrificing, and living the American Dream. I had a similar story and purchased my first Ferrari last May, a 458 Italia.

“You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”
    ― Dr. Adrian Rogers

Chizz and harrish1985 like this.
  10. captaindan

captaindan Rookie

Oct 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chip Stockdale
    Alway nice to reward yourself for hard work! Enjoy

harrish1985 likes this.
  11. fivegolfers

fivegolfers Karting

Mar 25, 2011
    East Wenatchee, WA
    Full Name:
    Todd S
    So you have received my own dream car (including color combo)! Will live thru you, so ENJOY and keep the pics coming!!

harrish1985 likes this.
  12. Wyatt_1st

Wyatt_1st Rookie

Aug 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    Wyatt
    Stunning car Sir I wish you all the the best!

harrish1985 likes this.
  13. Pizza Paul

Pizza Paul Karting

Nov 14, 2019
    Full Name:
    Paul Cerro
    Congrats Sir! can't believe your life story is almost identical to mine. Except (Aventedor).As I too have an F8s on order my life's dream. Only 6months out in this helleva Roller Coaster ride. Blu Corsa over Sabbia. GORGEOUS CAR !! Enjoy in good health, keep the chat n pics coming I need the support or maybe I'll need therapy later in the year

harrish1985 and Chizz like this.
  14. haynF8

haynF8 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    Wow, your F8 is just absolutely stunning! Really love the blu eletricco...... Congratulations and enjoy!

harrish1985 likes this.
  15. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    Took delivery earlier today, been taking it easy as I'm still getting used to it and Friday afternoon Miami traffic doesn't help. Attached is a video!

Attached Files:

Chizz, FormulaRossa20 and AD211 like this.
  16. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Harris

Like I have said- I would not have selected those colors because I’m boring ( grigio says enough) but I LOVE the colors and bicolore Nero roof and the whole effect.

I thought you picked up on Thursday ……

It is an amazing spec, great colors. You must tell us your impressions on driving and owning.

When are we doing a Florida meet up for F8Ss?

Drive it in good health.

ScottS

harrish1985 and Cigarzman like this.
  17. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Scott please keep me posted if there is a Florida F8s meet up.

harrish1985 likes this.
  18. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    We are looking to do one in a couple of weeks

Cigarzman likes this.
  19. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    After driving nearly 250 miles since Friday I will say that the exhaust note leaves much to be desired. It’s basically non existent. Carbon brakes squeal a little bit but I believe that’s normal.

20. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    I understand what you are saying Harris. However, I just think the exhaust note is a matter of personal preference. If 10 is my perfect sound then I would say the F8 is a 7. I did a lot of driving this weekend and inevitably many comments, pictures, and thumbs up. At breakfast this morning at an outside cafe after parking I got several comments one in particular that I was surprised by was: “I heard you before I saw you”. The next comment was it wasn’t too loud or too soft. It sounded good without being obnoxious like the Lambo that passed by while we were talking. Once again it is personal. There is no standard that should or should not be met except the owner’s.
    But what an overwhelming response by people. I didn’t buy this car to impress others but if I had I would have succeeded.

harrish1985 and AD211 like this.
  21. dubby

dubby Rookie

Aug 15, 2013
    Congrats! I just picked up an F8S also - what exactly are the skid plates? Do you have a link to them?

22. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    I agree with what you’re saying and my intent is not to impress others. Most people can’t tell apart a 458 from an F8 but under 4K RPMs and in auto mode the car is really quiet. If I’m stepping on it and going over 5k RPMs it’s a bit more pronounced but I have to admit I do miss the aural experience of the NA V12 Aventador. Beyond that the car is a blast to drive and blistering fast but I do understand why many choose to swap out the exhausts.

AD211 and Chizz like this.
  23. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    I would check with dealer, not sure of part number but it’s basically plastic shields that go on bottom of front bumper.

24. Crgf8

Crgf8 Rookie

Jan 24, 2022
    London
    Full Name:
    Chris G
    I had Scrape Armor installed on my F8 this last week - picture attached. Not seen it in person yet on the car but it looks neat. I am in the UK so suspect my recommendation of the installer won’t be much help.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Chizz likes this.
  25. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO