599 Conformity Plate / Paint code plate. | FerrariChat

599 Conformity Plate / Paint code plate.

Discussion in '612/599' started by Autodetailing, May 26, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    So! - i noticed that the information on my " conformity plate / sticker " , located on the pass side inner door is all but unrecognisable, and i also have a missing paint code plate too.
    The conformity plate is listed as Item 16 - part No 243028, i cannot seem to find a part No for the paint code plate?
    When you look on Scuderia / Eurospares parts you have to have Ferrari sat authorisation for this part, as obviously you may be trying to clone a car.
    I have spoken to the local main dealer who advised me that firstly they would have to get many pictures of the car, to include chassis No, Engine No , DVLA V5 doc,etc, these are then sent to Ferrari for id purposes.
    I have just spoken to Scuderia parts, but even if i supply all of the above, they are not optimistic that Ferrari will comply with my request.
    Has any body here gone through the above and successfully ordered a new conformity plate etc?
    Could i go direct to Ferrari myself for this?, as you can guess the local dealer aint doing this for free!

2. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Wow, very interesting problem. There's always a new twist with this company. I've never heard of anyone going through this but perhaps if you post in the general discussion thread you will have a larger audience to respond to the problem. My thinking is that someone in the vintage group might have gone through this.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Those stickers on the late Ferraris really suck compared to the metal data plates on the earlier models. Have you thought about getting someone to make a metal data plate for you like those on the earlier models?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

George Vosburgh and Hawkeye like this.
  4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    That's a great idea, can you buy the blanks?

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I think you would probably have to start from scratch since the details on the data plate would have to match the 599/612. I have about a dozen data plates for 599s on my hard disc and they are all decals. Early 612s did have metal data plates, so it would be possible to order a blank one of those. By January 2005, the 612 was using stickers too. The Superamerica, for some reason, continued with metal data plates throughout production, probably because they printed enough for the entire 559 unit production run.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    Many thanks for everybodys help and advice.
    I will see what Scuderia Parts come back with firstly, but i suppose in respect its a lot of work for them maybe?, for a sticker thats approx £40.
    After that i may have to go the dealer route and pay the extra cost.
    As Terry says the stickers are crap in light of the important info they carry.

7. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

John, I needed the sticker for the catalytic converter which commonly gets fried in the engine compartment. After I sent Euro Spares a picture of the sticker, they came up with one.

8. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    Cheers George, i will give them a try.

9. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    Just spoke to Eurospares, anything that requires SAT Authorisation must be done via the dealership network. Bugger!

10. steve moody

steve moody Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Cape Coral, Florida 33914
    Full Name:
    steve moody
    I have been working with my local dealer to get a new sticker for the door jamb and a paint decal for the underhood cowling. The ID sticker information was partially removed during some previous detailing and the paint sticker was curled up.

The Ferrari dealer has a form that you must fill out and you must supply photos of the various serial numbers on the chassis, engine and gerabox. This requires removing the rear pan and putting the car on a lift. Your dealer will also do all of the work. When the new stickers arrive, Ferrari wants the old ones back.

I have been waiting for 3 months. I will post when I receive the new stickers.

11. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    Steve - you are correct 100% on this, you have basically echoed everything the Ferrari tech told me at JCT Leeds. I was hoping it would take quicker than 3 months though!!
    I will get this completed when the car goes in for its service in August.
    Again thanks for the info.