Suggestions: Damage behind rear wheel | FerrariChat

Suggestions: Damage behind rear wheel

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by SlickRick7, May 28, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SlickRick7

SlickRick7 Rookie

Mar 27, 2022
    Full Name:
    rick
  2. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    A good painter will be able to sand, paint and blend that, and you’ll never see it. Fairly easy to do with the rear wheels/tires removed. If they removed the liners, it would be best.

Wait for the paint to cure for 30 days, then PPF in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

paulchua and SlickRick7 like this.
  3. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    #3 willrace, May 28, 2022
    Last edited: May 28, 2022
    Impact Zone is gonna always be an Impact Zone. If you want to drive the car, keep that in mind.

Fix: Clean the area on both sides of the car, and figure out which side has more area damaged. Using 3m painter tape, mask about 1/8" beyond that as if it was a factory application, and duplicate that pattern and coverage (think "factory application"), as well as the immediate wheelwell area.
    Wrap the adjacent wheel/tire with a big trash bag.
    Spray a few light coating of Plasti Dip. If some chips manage to form over time in the rubberized coating, easy to peel-off and re-spray, or just add another coat.
    Enjoy driving it, not fretting about it. Otherwise, just put the bodyshop on retainer.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

SlickRick7 likes this.
  4. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I agree, I have to sand and re paint behind the wheels of my 328 at least once or twice a year,( two colors at that ) its either that, or buy mud flaps ! lol Its easy enough to fix on your own, if I can do it, you certainly can ! lol

Thank you ,