Ferrari 360 Convertible Top issues | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 Convertible Top issues

Discussion in '360/430' started by 414asMJJ, Jun 6, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 414asMJJ

414asMJJ Rookie

Mar 11, 2022
    Full Name:
    Nick j
    First post here and I’m working on my 2001 360 convertible and I am having major issues with the top.

Initially I had fluid leaks so I opted to replace every cylinder as my research tells me this is a known problem. Put everything back together, operated top Several times. Maybe 15 or so, concluding that everything was ok.
    Here’s the problem. I Dropped car off at the body shop for minor touch up work. They did REMOVE the rear hatch portion that raises when the top comes out but that is it. Since it’s returned from body shop the top doesn’t operate.
    When I hit the button the rear hatch raises but the top itself does not come out of the storage it’s in. It’s almost as if it wants to go the opposite direction. I’ve tried the Master reset SEVERAL times with no change.
    I then manually raised the top to the closed position and then attempted to lower the roof and nothing happens, I hear beeping in either direction with no noises coming from hydraulic pump. and I also notice the top open icon is lit in dash. I’ve checked all fuses.
    I know the micro switches are extremely sensitive and I have had to make adjustments before but this is something completely different.
    Has anyone ran into this problem? What do I check?

2. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Hey Nick - I sent you a PM. Let me know if you got it. Thanks!

3. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    The body shop may have knocked one or more micro switches out of alignment. I had that happen when I had a radar detector system removed.

EastMemphis likes this.
  4. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Please let us know what you find out the issue is.