812 Replacement Rumors | Page 56 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    And plenty of company....

[​IMG]
    https://www.carscoops.com/2022/06/over-the-air-update-turns-lucid-one-sedan-into-a-big-shiny-brick/

and more

https://www.slashgear.com/bad-software-has-bricked-some-mustang-mach-e-evs-09667693

if it is that "easy" to completely 'disable' an EV over-the-air, can't imagine the outcome whenever it is actually desired to "brick" an EV, seems like it will be quite possible to put EVs permanently offline whenever someone/thing desires ...

Caeruleus11, Eilig and G. Pepper like this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    EVs can reproduce any 'feel' that ICE provides with engineering.

The real question is not sound (or lack thereof) but artificial vs. actual. - As much as I hate 'fake' of anything =

Here I am looking at a 'fake images on my monitor,
    listening to non-live music on Spotify,
    sitting on a phony vinyl massage chair,
    sipping a diet coke,
    smelling my glad air freshener,
    wearing a digital watch.

There is a philosophical argument that all exhaust is 'artificial' to some extent since your plumbing primarily can affect the 'sound' of your car. Unless someone is straight piping with no cats, you've already, in a sense, adulterated the supposed 'purity' of the engine sound. I know this will probably get me booted out of this crowd, but I have yet to find a non-pleasing electrical sports sound; what can I say? I'm a Star Wars nerd.

Experimentation with straight pipes made me realize long ago; that there was a point when lightheaded exhaust fumes were not something I could live with on a daily. I guess I'll never understand the coal rolling crowd.

I also argue in most urban areas; there is a point of 'too loud' if the groans, eye rolls, and shaking heads are any gauge of consternation vs. appreciation of exotic cars I've seen do the drive-by.

Death of the manual was the most significant blow, which happened years ago already with Ferrari - yet even that is possible with Toyota's latest patent.

Unless resto-resto mods are banned, what I've found is all whingers are complaining about P&R, which is the biggest irony. Get over it. It's here; it isn't going anywhere, and it's in the second inning only.

Yes, purists hate the SF90, 296, and all future Ferrari. Ferrari is dead. Long Live Ferrari.

Caeruleus11, laatste man and BILLYS62 like this.
  3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Everything is synthetic in the sense that the brain uses sensors to perceive reality. Using that as argument for electric propulsion is 'senseless'. The only things that are close to being actual are internal like tooth aches, heart attacks and orgasms.

EVs will never reproduce an ICE engine as it is a very complex pump registering forces in all directions, producing sounds, movements, and behaviors that change in every rpm, speed, and road condition. The best an EV manufacturer will do is some kind of soundtrack. Over time that will be discontinued because no one will recall what its trying to sound like.

4. TheBlueCarbon36

May 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    Blue Carbon
    I was thinking that it would be nice if these kind of threads got a summary post pinned at top with all the informations which are more or less confirmed. If you fall behind it can be a bit frustrating trying to find infos through tens of pages, especially if some of the messages are somewhat off-topic. It would also be easyer to share/ask infos which have not yet been discussed.
    I want to specify that I am not criticising anyone, just suggesting something that could be added, bringing an improvement and making it easier to participate to a thread if you were not there all the way through.

5. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    https://edge.media-server.com/mmc/p/jvvjg5k8

Capital markets day, 1hr 14mins 10secs "many more V12's will come in Ferrari's future".

Also, 15 new models in 2023 - 2026. Fingers crossed one of them is an NA V12 non-limited edition...

inox and G. Pepper like this.
  6. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Also interesting that they believe that by 2026, ~40% of all the models they make excluding track cars will still be ICE, ~20% by 2030...

7. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Anything about new models and timing?

8. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    15 new models 2023 to 2026.

9. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    WTF

Speechless

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    But what else will you do when in the “reading room” if you don’t have to read through all the posts? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

SirTony76 likes this.
  11. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    Until there is enough data to have a statistically significant power this is just personal experiences and bad situations. My F cars could have a bad software flash too.

An N of 1 situation is just that - N =1

12. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Your F430 has never been updated anonymously over-the-air...

The bigger point is MILLIONS have already been exposed and it never ends...over-the-air updates can disable your ride...whether intended or planned, all the same, exposes a tremendous weakness, and all of it is remote, no need to be anywhere near your ride.

Started years ago, keeps on happening, will never stop...

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jul/21/jeep-owners-urged-update-car-software-hackers-remote-control

Just say no way to over-the-air updates...that's the point.

G. Pepper likes this.
  13. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    You miss the point of my argument.

I have had plenty of cars that do OTA updates - but lets not use that argument. Again, an N=1 isn’t reflective of an issue with the technology. It’s not even reflective of an issue with a brand, not at that level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    In a short time all end points will be over the air. Can't say no.

If folks didn't geek out over smart phones then the adoption would have not happened. But all bought into it (literally) and here we are. The natural progression is living in a microwave. The future is written.

15. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    the same argument was had over carbs. And seat belts, airbags, and everything else.

“CHANGE BAD”

Personally I enjoy being able to have this disagreement with *mostly* like minded enthusiasts over the internet while I watch TV and answer emails. Couldn’t do that a few years back.

16. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Missed the point. Carbs, seat belts and air bags are not at all similar in scope or speed of advancement as the wireless revolution that literally fuels the world's economy. Your examples are glacial by comparison as you even point out large change in just a few years. Seatbelts and airbags been around since mid-last century and remain relatively unchanged.

17. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    Really? The internet is over 30 years old.

18. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    5G/6G. Last mile wireless as in the topic of over the air vehicle updates I replied to.

19. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    We have meds for this.

SirTony76 likes this.
  20. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    #1395 ohno, Jun 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    I´m reading this thread very careful.
    So… “confirmed“ for the 812 Replacement (F167) are:
    - The design is the complete opposite of the 812: fluid and pure
    - The design gives the visual impression of more compactness than 812
    - 4621 mm long
    - Design is both: Modern and simple
    - The car has a historical inspirer
    - Beautiful sculpted hips (the rear is the strong point)
    - Vehicle roof with a new look
    - More sculpted and more sporty presence than Roma
    - Much better curves than 296 GTB
    - Much better design than Daytona SP3
    - More beautiful than F12 Berlinetta
    - Design is finished, technical part is in the process of being
    - Engine: (Light) Hybrid? (or as we all hope: NA V12:D)
    - Timeline to reveal: End of 2023
    (Source: day355 So let us hope this man is right in all points!)

21. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    OR, Ferrari will wait on the Aventador release.
    It's still shrouded in mystery, but rumours are 1000hp to compete with the SF90.
    Would be tough for Ferrari to launch a car with 900hp 'only'.

22. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Not that history is necessarily the best source but Ferrari came out with the Daytona after the Maura with less horsepower, yet arguably was a better driver’s sports car.

23. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    True, but that was a differnet era. For a very large portion of buyers, the numbers matter, not the drive unfortunately.
    If one would value the drive more, Lambo would never sell a V12 again!

italiafan likes this.
  24. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Total horsepower numbers don't really matter to me, whats more important is how the new V12 rev's and is the weight distribution moving more towards the rear ?

25. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The599-F12-812 are already rear-biased.