F12 and 812 Values - New V12 Coming | Page 5 | FerrariChat

F12 and 812 Values - New V12 Coming

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by blkfxstc, May 4, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Lots of debate on how this has impacted the sound of our beloved f cars. Personally, I had a pre gpf SF and now a post gpf GTS…I like the sound of the GTS better. It’s all subjective and lots of after market options, including deleting the gpf (not a big deal in the states?). I feel like I can hear the mechanical elements of the car AND the exhaust better in the GTS….personally, I love to hear the engine but my son prefers the exhaust.

2. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    Agree, but that would inevitably pull the 812 SF up too…

JTSE30 likes this.
  3. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Considering an 812 and saw this thread. There does not seem that there are too many available…but the ones that are seem to be mostly basic spec’s and have been sitting for a while. Are the 812’s holding their own or headed for a slide?

4. SirTony76

SirTony76 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    MN
    the driving experience you get for an 812 is well worth what they are going for right now, i suspect a lot of them are going into long term collections, especially well optioned ones (like mine).

with that said, hard to see it appreciating due to the number made. i think it will continue to slide in price a bit but how much largely depends upon pricing for the new v12. my guess it does have some room to continue to fall in price but not a huge amount (we will never see well optioned ones without stories for $250k).

if you find one you like i'd recommend buying it--its such a great car. additionally, i find the new buttons ferrari has been putting in cars incredibly irritating and poorly functioning, the 812 does not have this issue!

JLGB, iloveferrari, 430jm and 4 others like this.
  5. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    Apparently a well equipped F167(replacement 812) will have a starting price of about 500k USD. So I would think for the 812/F12 price point, it should hold quite well>

430jm, DZ-96 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  6. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    If the F167 is a home run by Ferrari(and our standards) despite its price, 812s will lose value as other V12s have in the past and settle at a price good for second hand buyers for a prolonged period. The GTS will hold its value longer until the Spider version of the F167 debuts. The special versions will continue to hold value much longer and may appreciate depending on which way Ferrari is taken in the future.
    There are too many regular production cars made now to give them the special status and high values seen by older classic Ferraris (which were regular production vehicles in their day but much fewer in production numbers). Scarcity = higher prices in general.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

iloveferrari and Caeruleus11 like this.
  7. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Considering I paid $435k and could probably sell it for $380k, it's held up well at 4 years old and the dealer has offered to buy it off me twice now for that price.

8. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    But as soon as that value knees over sharply into standard 12 cylinder used value territory you'll sell it. The vast majority are always eying value and then dump when $ loss approaches. Convince themselves to trade up being the better proposition to loss but really eats away at equity over time as the cycle repeats. Love your car now is best advice. Sooner than you think you will knee over as well!

FerrariFan10 likes this.
  9. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    You may not know it but I got this car during the lockdown. It was delivered to my door on Mar 30 2020 and I couldn't have sold it for within $100k of what I paid for it at the time. I know a guy that took a $100k bath on his after just 6 months because he wanted the SF90.

I am not sure the car companies are going to let the volumes go up again like they did from 2010 with the zero interest rates. They could move anything with those rates, not now. Anyway, the trajectory of the value has been up, not down. The dollar itself doesn't buy as much so the numbers are moving up from that anyway.

430jm likes this.
  10. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    The frequent price increases for the GTS due to inflation pressures works the same way on the used car market. In real dollars probably a minimal change

wrs likes this.
  11. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Trying to figure out what a dollar buys now compared to 2019 has been really difficult. My 812 was priced in 2019 dollars when oil was $65/bbl but since then oil has been to negative territory then all the way up to three digit territory and currently sits over $80. I feel like my 812 followed a similar trajectory but figuring out how much purchasing power has been lost in the dollars that my car sells for is still hard to do. That makes it hard to assess value in the car market because there has been no good constant in these last four years. Prices have been all over the place and mostly higher although it looks like EV prices have finally succumbed to a massive oversupply. The 812 certainly won't have a problem with oversupply because no more are being made.

12. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    #112 leopoldo, Mar 21, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
    The GTS in my opinion will hold forever its actual value and than appreciate in the future… remember that Ferrari made only very few v12 spider in its history but many v12 coupe ( 550/575/599/f12/812/f167 ) even with the f167 spider in the future the 812gts will be always a very special car ( also remember that no way for another spider v12 pure n/a after the 167….)

iloveferrari and RamsHmb like this.
  13. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I agree in the past the spiders were fewer but not anymore. Overall they do hold value more than the coupe for a longer period but it’s partly because Ferrari produces them later in the cycle.

14. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The 'you' I mean was the proverbial you and not directed at any particular person rather the collective Ferrari buyer worried about value.

15. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    FWIW. I am being told will be similar to Purosangue in terms of allocation- limited production run but not limited and one may have to choose between Coupe/Spider Except TOP. Don’t know and I assume its been discussed above.

I saw it in camoflage at the factory this year….. Hoping to go to Miami to see at the open.

For me the Daytona type spider rumored version is my choice but the coupe is allegedly more elegant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Spiders pure NA v12 will end with f167 . Everything spider hybrid / electric will not be compared with a GTS 812.

17. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    That’s all fine and dandy, but will the generation that current owners are hoping to capitalize on even be interested?

Long term hold for modern non special edition Ferraris I suspect will not be what current owners are expecting, irrespective of production numbers.

Yes, the supply will be low but I suspect so will the demand or I should say I absolutely believe the number of interested players in the market will be diminished.

There are just too many exotic car mfg out there that they will have grown up with let alone the current Ferrari lineup.

I mean when I grew up there were what 5 exotic cars total………doesn’t Ferrari alone have what a dozen now……..just sayin…….

Blame it on video games.

JTSE30 likes this.
  18. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Because Euro7 will not happen, ferari has the option to stoick with ICE engine's certainly up to and probably after 2030.
    I'm guessing the F167 will NOT be the last V12.... If placing a bet, that's where I would put my money on.

19. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    F167 will be available in GTS form and Ferrari will build as many as they can. The successor will probably also have a V12......
    Everything depends on Euro 6 & 7 and that has been pushed back, giving manufacturers room to keep their current and future ICE line up.

20. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    The F167 will probably not be the last of the V12s- it may be a hybrid assist to keep up with the Joneses.

21. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    My guess is the next will be hybrid NA V12 and will tear up the F167. Be more sporty as well especially the LE version. Too bad it will be GPF and continue to have the engine-in-a-can sound. Also will be complete gadget interior and unfortunately team Manzoni design.

22. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    I suspect, given recent history, the F167 will be an eye watering price. What impact this will have on 812 values difficult to say but I assume it might help prices of older models stabilize for a while.

mdrums and Thecadster like this.