F8 Orders / Production | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 Orders / Production

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Fang911, Feb 12, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bernie B

Bernie B Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2020
    Chicago, IL Area
    Full Name:
    Bernie

Jordanfsl,

So, how do you really know if the order has been confirmed by the factory? Having the specs show up in the Ferrari app or only by having the dealer confirm the status through MODIS?

Fang911,

Had your specs been showing up in the Ferrari app prior to receiving the bad news? June 21 was well before the books closed on orders.

2. Fang911

Fang911 Karting

Jun 24, 2021
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    HTF
    Yes, thats what my SA stated as well and I don't disagree...plus Rossa Corsa is a spectacular, iconic color- but for me, it's too much and I would feel very self conscious driving it anywhere- office, hospital, Costco, etc. Would have to resort to driving it only at night :) I would have taken their offer it was black / dark blue / silver, etc.

I assumed placing a deposit and finalizing a build meant the order was / would be confirmed...apparently not, lesson learned. At least I'm heading to AZ this week to visit a good friend and will get my Ferrari "fix" sampling some of his collection including Speciale's, Pista's, TDF, 812 GTS in addition to 918, 911R, Speedster, etc. Also looking forward to some In N Out Burger!

3. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I’d buy it, wrap it, drive it, then sell it if that’s what your heart says months down the road. I’m with you on the attention it garners but it’s a Ferrari. No matter the color you’ll get unwanted attention. Life is short!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  4. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Others probably know for sure. I would assume that is Order Status 10 or 10R in MODIS.

5. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    And this makes sense if you think about it. Most dealers that more orders than they are going to get (or would have gotten) allocations, so expecting the factory to fill every dealer accepted order was always a little far-fetched.

6. SJU

SJU Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Sal J
    Yes, 10G, 10R

JTSE30 likes this.
  7. Will Motivation

Will Motivation Karting

May 9, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Will Motivation
    Just made an inquiry about my F8 order that I placed back in September of 2021 and got this message from the dealer:

We were told by Ferrari that they will not be allocating the remaining F8 Tributo orders at this time. Our pending orders were cancelled. They suggested that I offer you an early spot on a 296 GTB or GTS if you are interested. I do have an opportunity for a F8 Spider instead.

Otherwise, we can wait to see if anything opens up for the F8 Tributo. I will keep you posted.
    I can't help but feel really suspicious about this. Seems having a build done and deposit in means nothing. Is this normal Ferrari mode of operation???

8. emmholla

emmholla Karting

Dec 15, 2018
    They may have gave your allocation away to a more 'vip' client. Maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. Will Motivation

Will Motivation Karting

May 9, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Will Motivation
    Wondering how I would be able to figure that out...

10. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    probably nothing so sinister. Most people on this board knew this was coming, there are simply more orders placed than time available to build all the cars. Ferrari has a schedule to keep with their transition to the 296.

just wait a few more months then you will start hearing about the Spider orders that are being cancelled too. Despite someone’s cousin/roommate/brother/dealer being on the Board and assuring everyone they will be filled….this was a pipe dream. They can’t even build all the Portofino M orders, let alone the F8’s.

everything is a mess.

11. iMrMark

iMrMark Karting

May 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hey Will,

Saw your videos when you were going through the deposit visit. I’m actually surprised the dealer never got back to you a few months ago. I think the widely accepted view here today is that dealers know F8T was hard stop done at that time, with some dealers getting a final batch of allocations to clear out their remaining queue. I could be wrong about that, but I wouldn’t jump to conclusions on anything sinister. the dealer wants to sell you a car either way. I wouldn’t spend energy trying to figure it out, since there’s no way to change it. It is really frustrating though.

However, it catches my attention that the SA suggests an F8S allocation somehow??? If they have a real (for real, real) factory allocation from someone who backed out, that would be one heck of an option to jump on. If it’s just moving your deposit around “hoping” to get something, though, I dunno. I think it’s definitely definitely definitely worth asking if that’s a real allocation on the F8S. Like right now.

Unless you don’t want it because you’re a coupe guy which is cool, but then tell everyone else here because gdamn I think you’d have folks chomping for it. ;)

LVP488 likes this.
  12. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    #37 ScottS, Jun 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    Ive had both. Spider hands down if available.

And turning down a RC F8 is just wrong. I had an old RC Ferrari but nothing new. I am a NON red guy. Shades of gray. I get the hesitation. One week later you’d be cured. Drive it for six months for free. And to Ferrari you’d exist. That’s a start.

BTW is that how customers get treated in this environment? Try Hermes at the Flagship……. Makes Ferrari look like a *****cat. This difficulty in obtaining drives the allure, scarcity and value of these cars. Wanna Porsche, just pay over list. Ferrari? You’re money;s no good here.

My RC F8–I drove it everywhere and got over myself. Parked in the Hospital and at Disney. Attention yes, but ALL FERRARIs get attention. Embrace it and use it for good not evil ;).

Here is my ex F8 in RC that my son insisted I order because it was our first new Ferrari. And I respectfully disagree that you see the color from the inside. Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. iMrMark

iMrMark Karting

May 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I’m holding out hope for F8S, but I think there’s smart money on cancellations coming in the next month or so. I think if folks don’t start hearing about allocations getting filled again by August… probably isn’t happening. I’m keeping the dream alive though, with fingers crossed, visualizing… all that good stuff for everyone with a deposit still sitting at the dealer. You never know until you know.

Chizz likes this.
  14. Will Motivation

Will Motivation Karting

May 9, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Will Motivation
    What shocked me was how confident the dealership was about me getting an allocation for then this to happen.
    They spoke as if they had an allocation already and I was golden just waiting for the build to start. Even told me back in February that my car was next to get picked up for build, presumably in March. Now in June I get a message stating my order is cancelled.
    I would have rather been told "if you put down a deposit, you might get an allocation, or you might not..."

Viperjoe, Fang911 and iMrMark like this.
  15. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Good luck! It’s definitely worth trying

iMrMark likes this.
  16. Fang911

Fang911 Karting

Jun 24, 2021
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    HTF
    Can't disagree- Rossa Corsa is a beautiful color and the spec I was offered checked all the boxes- ie Daytona seats, just the right amount of carbon fiber, contrast stitching, etc. And perhaps I could eventually "get over myself" haha but for as a point of comparison, I have always parked my GT3's / Loti / R8 in the farthest valet parking spot at the hospital so no one would see them- now 22 years into practice. It doesn't make sense to most, but I've always been quite self conscious about that sort of thing, and includes watches, clothes, all of it :<

To Will Motivation- agree, my SA / dealership was also very confident all F8 coupe orders would eventually be fulfilled even though that was unrealistic given pending orders which would likely keep Maranello building F8's until 2030. Hopefully you can get an F8S instead!

iMrMark likes this.
  17. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    Did you spec out the car and confirm the spec? Some have put a deposit down, and waited months to confirm the spec. When the dealer submits the spec, and it is accepted by Italy, then the process begins. If the dealer took your money, speced it with you, but did not submit to the factory or was waiting for a real allocation to open up, then it really is a bad dealership, same if they gave away your slot. But if the spec accepted in Italy, it can't be given to someone else.

Chizz likes this.
  18. Fang911

Fang911 Karting

Jun 24, 2021
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    HTF
    That was always hard to figure out. For my dealer (Continental AutoSports in Hinsdale), I signed put down a 10K deposit and “specced” the car in June ‘21 but never knew if the factory “accepted” it of if the dealership actually submitted it- ultimately it was a frustrating process, but it is what it is-

19. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    wow so sorry you got this from your dealership not right

20. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Wow this is really surprising to me. I have the same thoughts of @stretchgeneral as Iplaced my order before the cutoff this fall and spec’d car in February of this year. There was a total sense of urgency from my SA when it came time to spec as I was told “we need to get this in by the end of the week” and once I did it the iPhone app showed my car with all the options configured. I’m told it will go into production between week 24 and 37 of this year. As asked before, did you already spec a car with the dealer and did Ferrari notify you of the pending build on the app and show your build/options?

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  21. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Car got a VIN today which I hear means car is now 10r. Need to check with my SA as I was thinking of adding some carbon bits but I suppose I can always do it after the fact.

iMrMark, ScottS and AD211 like this.
  22. garak

garak Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2010
    Florida/Arizona
    Sorry this has happened to you. Unfortunately with Ferrari, near the end of production of a certain car, this seems to happen where not every order gets filled.

On the other hand, if you don't have your heart entirely set on an F8, I would suggest you consider an early slot for a 296. I was invited to test drive the 296 with my dealer and I was extremely impressed. The car is nimble, responsive and really fast. The engine was really impressive, smooth, beautiful sounding and I couldn't notice when the electric motor was kicking in. I have an F8 being delivered in about a month, but the 296 impressed me so much, it's got me considering getting getting on the list already.

23. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I picked up my F8S yesterday after a 16 month wait, I was told I was lucky to have gotten a car with all that’s going on. Also was told the 296 is going to be an incredibly long wait for folks.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

pninja005, SognoF8, jm2 and 8 others like this.
  24. MikeF88

MikeF88 Rookie

Feb 22, 2022
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Michael H
    Beautiful car, congrats! I got a similar build but different rims!

25. MikeF88

MikeF88 Rookie

Feb 22, 2022
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Michael H
    Will- I watched your video on YT! I ordered mine in October with my dealership, and on my Ferrari app - It shows the final car rolling off.
    But if they're offering you the F8S - I would jump on it! When I placed my order for the F8, the Sypder was no longer available.