Order Status | FerrariChat

Order Status

Discussion in '296' started by Duane, Jun 15, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Duane

Duane Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    CONNECTICUT
    Full Name:
    Duane B
    Just checking in on order status. I have owned several Ferrari's but the 296 will be my first ordered to-spec car from the factory. According to my dealer Ferrari has approved my order. In MYFerrari App it shows as waitlist. I know from what I have heard production is supposed to start late 22 and the first quarter of 23. What is the next status in the Myferrari app that it will go to? I still want to make a few changes to the order.

rob5819 likes this.
  2. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    You should have plenty of time to change the spec, your dealer should reach out to you before it locks so you can confirm everything.

For the Portofino M I ordered this was the timeline:

deposit and full spec submitted 3/27/21

order accepted and full spec showed up in the MyFerrari app within a week, but the picture was not correct (not even a Portofino M), listed as "waitlist'

build slot allocated 2/23/22 and I confirmed spec with the dealer

From the MyFerrari App:

VIN assigned 4/16/22
    first photo 6/1/22
    second photo 6/8/22
    third photo 6/11/22

Confirmed with the dealer that it was shipped out of Italy 6/9/22, probably on the Chicago Express, eventually headed toward the Port of New Jersey / New York. I still show as "waitlist" in the MyFerrari app and expect it to say that until I pick up the car (optimistically hoping for August, but I think the port is incredibly backed up).

Congrats on ordering the 296,

Rob

3. Duane

Duane Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    CONNECTICUT
    Full Name:
    Duane B

Thanks Ron, my complete order shows up in the myferrari app. I am wondering from that point is it up to the dealer when the allocation is assigned or is it up to Ferrari NA?

4. SJU

SJU Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Sal J
    Don't do be concerned about the app. When you ordered, the dealer input all the options in MODIS. In my case, it was printed out and I signed out. Check with your dealer and ask for this to be certain.

5. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Pretty much both. My understanding is the dealer gets a certain number of allocations from the factory each month, per car. They then look at their orders to fill them. During the height of the pandemic my sales advisor said he was getting five total allocations each month, as things got better he was getting 15. From following Portofino M orders most dealers mostly fill orders in the order they were taken. I assume some dealers will move higher priority clients up the list when needed, but the people I talked with who ordered six months before me got their allocations six months before me and their cars delivered six months before me.

A lot depends on how many allocations your dealer gets and how many people (and who they are) are ahead of you on the list.

6. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    In my limited experience, this sounds about right. The only thing that's going to vary dramatically by dealer is the number of allocations.

Ferrari HQ always has the ability to connect a name to an allocation and push delivery to any dealer worldwide. So in that sense, Ferrari HQ ultimately has the power to move anyone to the top of allocations should they choose.

Aside from that, it's just a matter of patience for the dealer to get an allocation when your name finally reaches the top of the list.

7. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    On the app it will remain as waitlist for the status all the way until it’s delivered and signed for. Once it’s delivered it will be date of purchase. For now you just need to be concerned with when it goes 10R in modis which only your dealer will be able to tell you. At that point the spec is locked and it will begin production “soon”.

SECRET likes this.